Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything changed to this day lol?

People are unironically rooting for Caribou, who's kidnapped/murdered numerous people and attempted to kidnap Shirahoshi so he can sell her into slavery. But because Luffy said he'll give him a ride and he's helping the alliance to get said ride, that makes him a candidate.

The ex-beast pirates are also going to be members of Yamato's crew despite the years of them oppressing, starving, and murdering Wano citizens for fun. But they're redeemed because they decided to fight with the alliance out of their own survival.
It’s like people just turn their brains off and see only what they want to see. Anything contradicting their narrative, for whatever theory it ends up being, they just flat out ignore it or make excuses for it. For example the MonetForNakama or CaesarForNakama people. :lusalty:

Anyway about Yamato’s role, I’m more convinced that her role will be guardian. Monster Trio have always gone to their respective enemy in fights. The only one who usually appears to cover the weak crew is Sanji, and Sanji can’t fight to protect them if the enemy is a woman. Yamato as a girl might be perfect to be the guardian, and fight the girl on enemy side in the future (if Robin isn’t there). She can also appear to protect Nami, Usopp, Chopper since they are usually the targets.

Has anything changed to this day lol?

People are unironically rooting for Caribou, who's kidnapped/murdered numerous people and attempted to kidnap Shirahoshi so he can sell her into slavery. But because Luffy said he'll give him a ride and he's helping the alliance to get said ride, that makes him a candidate.

The ex-beast pirates are also going to be members of Yamato's crew despite the years of them oppressing, starving, and murdering Wano citizens for fun. But they're redeemed because they decided to fight with the alliance out of their own survival.
To be fair, Robin is a self-admitted assassin who was helping someone oppress a country when we first met her and was redeemed (kind of) by saving Luffy. I don't think Caribou will join, but he has been following a somewhat similar trajectory to Robin.

Anyway about Yamato’s role, I’m more convinced that her role will be guardian. Monster Trio have always gone to their respective enemy in fights. The only one who usually appears to cover the weak crew is Sanji, and Sanji can’t fight to protect them if the enemy is a woman. Yamato as a girl might be perfect to be the guardian, and fight the girl on enemy side in the future (if Robin isn’t there). She can also appear to protect Nami, Usopp, Chopper since they are usually the targets.
I'm on the Yamato as an apprentice train. I think it'll be used to mark Luffy as finally being a great pirate just like all of the other crews with apprentices (Rocks, Whitebeard, Roger), and that he's finally ready to meet up with Shanks again. We've got most of the apprentices in the series taking focus in Wano, even Kaido himself. Yamato has also shown her dedication to learning from others and wants to follow Oden's ideals of being free and adventuring. What better person is there to take her under his wing than Luffy who wants to be the freest man in the world?

Caribou for nakama is even weirder than Caesar imo. He's barely existed in wano and in FI. He has no relationship with any of the crew. He's so weak that he gets one shotted by a casual no name punch from Peckoms. He's obscenely ugly. He has no role, no dream, no villain, no character arc, and no tragic backstory. Do people really just want any logia this badly?

I'm surprised I'm not banned yet. I requested it yesterday. I may suddenly stop posting with no warning I guess:kayneshrug:

To be fair, Robin is a self-admitted assassin who was helping someone oppress a country when we first met her and was redeemed (kind of) by saving Luffy. I don't think Caribou will join, but he has been following a somewhat similar trajectory to Robin.
Robin was only in the organization out of survival. She didn't get pleasure in what she had to do either unlike Caribou.
My only gripe with the guardian idea is that its not something she'd be the clear best at. Logkeeper is a better role imo since it has buildup thanks to Oden starting his journal at near the end of Roger's journey. She'd be better than say Nami or Robin at making a journal with the SHs since she'd be the most passionate about experiencing the world and has a fresh perspective. It'd be better for inspiring the future generations about how amazing the sea is similar to how Oden's inspired her.
Do people really just want any logia this badly?
Yes. Idk how many times I've seen the reasoning for wanting Caribou be so that the SHs have a logia.

Heaven is the location of the 4th Road Poneglyph... :pepelit:

Cool! Who made this fanart?

To be fair, Caribou's relevance to the story is as good as Carrot's... That's why I believe that if Carrot (or Caribou) will be joining, the other one will join as well...

99%? Make it 100%, she doesn't have the Will of the P...

This... Oda will just pseudo-nerf (make someone look lesser than Sanji but not really the case) Yamato just like what he did with Jinbe... It's very easy to do that with Yamato, Oda can just make Sanji steal the fight Yamato took, let's say a YC2, and then Yamato will fight someone "lesser" who happens to be a direct counter to her skills which will make her look as if she's having a bad time against that level of opposition... We saw it with Jinbe vs. WsW (fish vs. cat; nobody assisted Jinbe with the fodders around until Tama's command which helped everyone)...
Oda doesn't have to do anything. Sanji was so fast that queen couldn't even see his movements. If we go by DragonBall rules then his powerless was much higher than queens.

Beating queen and receiving no damage is more impressive than Yamato holding off her father for 20 minutes. I mean they use the same weapon and both have coc, her holding off Kaidou is like Vista taking over the fight against mihawk from Luffy.

People really underestimate Sanji but he literally shook off every blow from a Yonkou commander. Zoro can't even say that. Sanji is easily rooftop level and if he still had the raid suit he'd probably be even more of a threat.

My only gripe with the guardian idea is that its not something she'd be the clear best at. Logkeeper is a better role imo since it has buildup thanks to Oden starting his journal at near the end of Roger's journey. She'd be better than say Nami or Robin at making a journal with the SHs since she'd be the most passionate about experiencing the world and has a fresh perspective. It'd be better for inspiring the future generations about how amazing the sea is similar to how Oden's inspired her.
I was also thinking that Explorer is another good choice. She is imprisoned for 20 years, so it’s natural if the Straw Hats explore new islands, she will be the one to scout the island first using her beast form. She is more than capable to fend herself if any danger appears while she’s exploring. Although as you suggested earlier that Sake Brewer is also another interesting role.

Log keeper seems more fitting for Vivi if she comes back. She was with them since they entered the Grand Line and she's been shown scrapbooking news articles about the Straw Hats adventures after she stayed behind. Oden's logbook worked because he essentially went through the Grand Line again on Roger's second trip around.

Brewer seems odd since, as far as I can recall, there's no proof that Yamato actually knows how to brew sake or any drinks.

I was also thinking that Explorer is another good choice. She is imprisoned for 20 years, so it’s natural if the Straw Hats explore new islands, she will be the one to scout the island first using her beast form. She is more than capable to fend herself if any danger appears while she’s exploring. Although as you suggested earlier that Sake Brewer is also another interesting role.
Luffy: You know, Im something of an explorer myself.
Also sake brewer isnt a real role. I dont think Oda will give Yamato that kind of role.
It's log keeper or brewer. Anything else is a stretch imo.
Its Log keeper :kata:

I've always thought Ship Guard was the only position she could fill at this point
Either that or if Zoro is officially recognized as the Vice-Captain then she'd take up the stop of Combatant Crewman

anyway that wano after party boutta hit.

Spread with luffy asking Yamato ''So are you along for the ride?'' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I imagine more like Luffy deals the final blow to Kaido, then with the last of his strength Luffy screams “Yamato! Be my nakama!”

only for Yamato to be brought into tears. Then Luffy passes out while smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.