Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My main reasoning is that Momo and Yamato both embody different aspects of Oden
Granted Momo already sailed with the Strawhats across the New World, so I could see him staying
Yes, Yamato embodies the adventuring part, hence her being a Strawhat, and Momo embodies the ruling part, hence him staying in Wano.
He stated he wanted to know what’s on raftel and the true importance of his life.
He already knows the true importance of his life because he read it in the journal, and he never said he wants to go to laugh tale, he just passively wondered about it.

Yes, Yamato embodies the adventuring part, hence her being a Strawhat, and Momo embodies the ruling part, hence him staying in Wano.

He already knows the true importance of his life because he read it in the journal, and he never said he wants to go to laugh tale, he just passively wondered about it.
He did call those pages rhe most crucial and he knows he must live but he doesn’t understand the Plan that he’s supposed to be alive to accomplish.

It’s not passively wondering about it

He did call those pages rhe most crucial and he knows he must live but he doesn’t understand the Plan that he’s supposed to be alive to accomplish.

It’s not passively wondering about it
Just because they are the most important pages doesn't mean he wants to take a journey to laugh tale. He can just be told later. Why does he have to go himself? His dream is to rule Wano.

Just because they are the most important pages doesn't mean he wants to take a journey to laugh tale. He can just be told later. Why does he have to go himself? His dream is to rule Wano.
Because he himself knows he needs to grow and mature and following in his fathers footsteps is the best way to do it.

Saying “why doesn’t he just let someone tell him what it is” is like saying “why doesn’t Robin just ask Rayleigh?” The simple answer it wouldn’t mean anything unless he found out and intrinsically took in that answer.

He is the best candidate in Wano so far strictly because he has a quantifiable goal.

Because he himself knows he needs to grow and mature and following in his fathers footsteps is the best way to do it.
Or staying in his country under the tutelage of the Red Scabbards (who studied in order to help Oden as Shogun and can do the same for Momo) and overseeing the reconstruction of said country would lead to said growth and maturity (even though I don't remember him ever saying or even hinting he needed to go on the same journey Oden did).

He is the best candidate in Wano so far strictly because he has a quantifiable goal.
His goal is to free Wano and lead it. He is the Vivi of Wano. She also had a secondary desire after liberating and leading Alabasta: sailing with the Straw Hats. Unlike Vivi, Momo has an out where he can lead Wano and send Yamato (whose dream is to actually leave) and have her tell him about the adventure to Laugh Tale (even though, as I said, I don't remember him ever making a big deal out of knowing what's on the missing pages to the point it would override his desire to lead Wano).

Saying “why doesn’t he just let someone tell him what it is” is like saying “why doesn’t Robin just ask Rayleigh?” The simple answer it wouldn’t mean anything unless he found out and intrinsically took in that answer.

Robin actually cares about finding it. Until Momo states that he wants to go to laugh tale, calling it his goal is factually incorrect. His goal is to be shogun of Wano. No ammount of headcannon and bias will change that.

Or staying in his country under the tutelage of the Red Scabbards (who studied in order to help Oden as Shogun and can do the same for Momo) and overseeing the reconstruction of said country would lead to said growth and maturity (even though I don't remember him ever saying or even hinting he needed to go on the same journey Oden did).

His goal is to free Wano and lead it. He is the Vivi of Wano. She also had a secondary desire after liberating and leading Alabasta: sailing with the Straw Hats. Unlike Vivi, Momo has an out where he can lead Wano and send Yamato (whose dream is to actually leave) and have her tell him about the adventure to Laugh Tale (even though, as I said, I don't remember him ever making a big deal out of knowing what's on the missing pages to the point it would override his desire to lead Wano).
Momo currently believes himself to be too cowardly to lead Wano and open it up.

Momo literally just said a few chapters ago he wishes he knew what Oden and Roger saw because that would help him understand why it’s so important Wano to be opened. As he said Oden was no profit, yet he was convinced Wano needed to be open. And Momo wants to know why.
Post automatically merged:

Robin actually cares about finding it. Until Momo states that he wants to go to laugh tale, calling it his goal is factually incorrect. His goal is to be shogun of Wano. No ammount of headcannon and bias will change that.
He shows very direct desire to go to Raftel last time he talked to Yamato about it, and no amount of headcanon can change that.

I went through the last handful of chapters. In Chapter 1041, Momo says he does know why he can't die, but he doesn't understand why Roger laughed at Laugh Tale and suggests that the two are tied in some way. This leads to him questioning why Oden wanted to open Wano now since there's so much danger to the citizens and that he wants to protect the people of Wano at all costs, even if it goes against what his father wanted. He then asks Yamato if he's a coward for thinking that way.

I don't see why that means Momo needs to leave with the Straw Hats, since his concern is only that Oden wanted Wano opened now for Joyboy's return and why opening it is considered more important than the risk to the people of Wano. Luffy is the long-awaited Joyboy, and once Kaido is dealt with and Momo opens the borders, that's it. At that point, whether or not Momo understands will be moot.

:steef:

Cause I don't think he's ready to rule yet. He's mentally 8 years old
You forgot Sterry is also a King... He's mentally 5 years old (I mean, Momo is obviously more matured and powerful than him)...

My main reasoning is that Momo and Yamato both embody different aspects of Oden
Isn't this a reason why Momo should stay because the "leadership" and "responsibility" aspects are with Momo?

He stated he wanted to know what’s on raftel and the true importance of his life.
Luffy and Yamato can just do that for him... People of Wano is rooting for him to rule them ever since he returned...

Momo literally just said a few chapters ago he wishes he knew what Oden and Roger saw because that would help him understand why it’s so important Wano to be opened. As he said Oden was no profit, yet he was convinced Wano needed to be open. And Momo wants to know why.

He shows very direct desire to go to Raftel last time he talked to Yamato about it, and no amount of headcanon can change that.
Post the panel where Momo declares he wants to go to laugh tale then.

You are right. He wants to know what is on Laughtale and he declared it as well.
ohhh no… wait he declares this

You are right. He wants to know what is on Laughtale and he declared it as well.
ohhh no… wait he declares this
It’s almost like he can do both?

Luffy and Yamato can just do that for him... People of Wano is rooting for him to rule them ever since he returned...
People of Wano don’t know Hiyori is still alive and is defeating orochi

It’s almost like he can do both?

People of Wano don’t know Hiyori is still alive and is defeating orochi
It's almost like his people need their leader as a symbol of hope while they recover from the devastation Kaido caused, and the son of Oden who they have waited for for 20 years skipping town to join a pirate crew would cause a lot of harm, even if he comes back later.

It's almost like his people need their leader as a symbol of hope while they recover from the devastation Kaido caused, and the son of Oden who they have waited for for 20 years skipping town to join a pirate crew would cause a lot of harm, even if he comes back later.
And Hiyori can’t be this symbol of hope despite:
1. Defeating the previous shogun
2. Giving the townspeople money as a part of Midnight Boy
3. Being the daughter of Kozuki oden

No, the only option is an 8 year old boy who ia still unsure whether he is brave enough to open up Wano right now.

And Hiyori can’t be this symbol of hope despite:
1. Defeating the previous shogun
2. Giving the townspeople money as a part of Midnight Boy
3. Being the daughter of Kozuki oden

No, the only option is an 8 year old boy who ia still unsure whether he is brave enough to open up Wano right now.
An 8 year old boy destined to be shogun who looks just like Oden, and who all the Samurai of Wano just fought a war to protect. They didn't fight for Hiyori, they fought for Momo.

Status
Not open for further replies.