Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before She isn't being pushed like how Yamato has been in the anime and manga
Carrot in WCI arc wasn't shown like how Yamato was in Wano but you can't face the reality everyone else sees it and knows it going to happen but you carrot fans can accept the facts 😭,
Yamato has/known everything about luffy and also has everything that every SHs have but carrot isn't the only thing you can bring up is she is friend with the crew and the Pedro somethings with Yamato share a great bond with Ace(Luffy's Brother and One of the few that knows his true dream).
So which one is more important Ace or Pedro? 🤔
You asked me for something and you didn't care about the answer. So Ignored, here's why
Until you come back to the subject, I will keep ignoring you.

C4N can't accept it because he knows he's wrong but doesn't want to admit it...
Classic child response.
Same

Last edited:
asked me for something and you didn't care about the answer. So Ignored, here's why
Until you come back to the subject, I will keep ignoring you.
All I see is that you put she is friends with the crew for a reason everyone is friends with them? What else does she have other than that? Like I said before Episode 1015 goes against everything you say about Yamato not joining the crew not to mention we haven't reached where she literally tell Kaido that she is leaving with luffy. When carrot gets a moment like an episode 1015 come tell me, carrot doesn't even say that she wants to join the crew but you see her being friends with them meaning next SHs

He
All I see is that you put she is friends with the crew for a reason everyone is friends with them? What else does she have other than that? Like I said before Episode 1015 goes against everything you say about Yamato not joining the crew not to mention we haven't reached where she literally tell Kaido that she is leaving with luffy. When carrot gets a moment like an episode 1015 come tell me, carrot doesn't even say that she wants to join the crew but you see her being friends with them meaning next SHs
He put you on ignore lol
Why reply?

Like I said before She isn't being pushed like how Yamato has been in the anime and manga
Carrot in WCI arc wasn't shown like how Yamato was in Wano but you can't face the reality everyone else sees it and knows it going to happen but you carrot fans can accept the facts 😭,
Yamato has/known everything about luffy and also has everything that every SHs have but carrot isn't the only thing you can bring up is she is friend with the crew and the Pedro somethings with Yamato share a great bond with Ace(Luffy's Brother and One of the few that knows his true dream).
So which one is more important Ace or Pedro? 🤔
Yamato and Bartolomeo know everything about Luffy, and both are just fans who Luffy calls by a nickname instead of their real names.

Yamato never had any chance of joining; It's simply not happening.

Like you can see.. Where the understanding of the journal made Yamato follow Momo because she think HE will bring the world to the dawn.. the understanding of the importance of Luffy for Carrot would confirm that she is bound to follow him on his journey because LUFFY is the one who will bring the world to the Dawn for the Minks.

A reaction of Carrot would make Carrot instantely understand the words of Pedro. And the ONLY explanation for such a panel of reaction (because everything in the story as a meaning, a purpose) would be that Oda is telling us something about carrot's future with Luffy. Thus confirming the #CarrotForNakama theory.

And it would be perfectly logical. Yamato has being continuously drawn at Momo's sides: Guiding him/Saving him/Explaning him things. .. Where Carrot has been continiously drawn at LUFFY's sides: Helping him/Being with the SH /Saving the strawhats/Fighting with the strawhats etc.
Yamato is looking after Momonosuke because Luffy asked her to protect him. When Yamato helps Momonosuke, she also helps Luffy by fulfilling his request. In fact, she did much more by stopping Kaido while he was knocked out.

I know that her devil fruit is supposed to represent the guardian of Wano. But Yamato said several times that she wanted to leave the country on Luffy's ship. She has been locked up in this country for 20 years. Don't you think it's cruel for her to have to stay there a few more years ?

Yamato and Bartolomeo know everything about Luffy, and both are just fans who Luffy calls by a nickname instead of their real names.

Bartolomeo doesn't know about luffy like how Yamato does 😩 he doesn't even know what is Luffy's true dream other than being the king of pirates 😭
Episode 1015 says other wise 🤔
Post automatically merged:

He

He put you on ignore lol
Why reply?
😭 he can't face the reality of the anime and manga with Yamato so Idc if he doesn't answer me I am just saying what should be said 😩

Yamato is looking after Momonosuke because Luffy asked her to protect him
It goes far beyond just that. Once yamato understood the importance of Momo. It was not just about Following Luffy's order anymore. It was about Yamato being ready to DIE for momo because, I quote " Your are the onewho will lead the world to its dawn, I'm sure of it"

But Yamato said several times that she wanted to leave the country on Luffy's ship
I understand that what I say might feel counter intuitive. but the three occurence of Yamato saying that she will sail with Luffy are directely linked to a subversion dialogue in chapter 985 making them subversions dialogue too by connection.

Don't you think it's cruel for her to have to stay there a few more years ?
In Onigashima yeah.. it would be cruel. But Yamato would stay on wano. Wano is a completely different island for her. It's not where she was trapped. So following a desire for adventure on Wano instead of the sea, would be also logical.

he can't face the reality of the anime and manga with Yamato so Idc if he doesn't answer me I am just saying what should be said
No I'm ignoring you because you asked me something. I was nice enough to reply to you and you completely ignored the answer to go back to your circle of bias. So until you come back to that you will be ignored and your questions, unanswered.

Last edited:

Bart and Yamato our similar in terms being fans of Luffy. But in term of backstory.
Yamato has extendable one.
While Bart has backstory remarkable similar to that of Carrot
Yamato has main antagonist has hindered her progress in life. Which all strawhats our currently fighting against and his forces
Bart never had enemy that betrayed his ideals or had an enemy that hinder his progress in life.
Yamato has no interested in taking over her dad organization or baby sitting.
While Bart originally thought the idea that straw hats were like family just like whitebeard pirates but he was sadly mistaken.
Yes, Yamato has nickname. Who hasn’t before they join the crew.
Nami-theft
Sanji-hey mr. Cook
Chopper- raindeer
Robin-it’s you
Franky-Speedo man
Brook-corbuckle or skeleton
Jimbei-old man
Bart and Yamato kept up with luffy progress yes. He doesn’t know the man personality but he had kept up with his accomplishments. Same with Yamato but at least She at least has the knowledge to more about him from word mouth from his brother Ace.

In Onigashima yeah.. it would be cruel. But Yamato would stay on wano. Wano is a completely different island for her. It's not where she was trapped. So following a desire for adventure on Wano instead of the sea, would be also logical.
This sentence right here tells me you're dumb and don't know what the difference between what the Land of Wano offers and what the vast sea offers, compare them and you will understand how dumb saying staying on land is better than going out to Sea AFTER READING ODENS JOURNAL.

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
guys guys guys... come on you forget about the one and only:

CARIBOU

He appears multiple times already, and fact that he has a powerful crew under himself might bring Strawhats even stronger members of the grand fleet where he would be a part of the crew and his brother will lead the hair of the fleet :finally:

Onigashima yeah.. it would be cruel. But Yamato would stay in wano. Wano is a completely different island for her. It's not where she was trapped. So following a desire for adventure on Wano instead of the sea, would be also logical.
In both the anime and manga, Yamato says that she wants to go out to the seas not just Onigashima Wano country itself where don't you get from that?

guys guys guys... come on you forget about the one and only:

CARIBOU

He appears multiple times already, and fact that he has a powerful crew under himself might bring Strawhats even stronger members of the grand fleet where he would be a part of the crew and his brother will lead the hair of the fleet :finally:
Actually I can see Caribou joining the fleet. Hadn't thought of that before.

Nah just you jumping on the bandwagon cus it movie quality once it not movie quality you go back to not caring :pepeke:
If Toei goes back to doing a shit job like they did in Dressrosa, of course I’m gonna drop it again. Hopefully the care and effort they put in 1015 is a sign of things to come as opposed to a one time thing.

Last edited:
you seem to forget that Yamato has been on Wano when she witnessed the death of Oden and also the years prior and some afterwards. She has become a prisoner on onigashima later. We don’t know when exactly but I would estimate a few months after Odens death, as she had time to find his journal after his death and also was imprisoned there first. Before that she was on wano for a while. Yet she is not saying “I want to go back to Wano” jo she wants to go out to see.
I’m also gonna take the time to explain something to you(I actually think you know this already). Please appreciate the time I took.
When a character is introduced in anime and manga usually you can tell the importance said character will have in the story right away just by the design of the character and the energy said character gives of. Is it gonna be an enemy, good guy, somebody strong, or later on relevant to the story, etc. Dragon for example when he was shown first in logue town, you could tell he is gonna be important just by his design. Turned out to be Luffy’s father.
Vivi in the begin gave unimportant enemy energy. That got changed when Oda changed his mind about her and you can also see a shift in how she is drawn.
I’m bring this up as this are not fact, yet they give use clues about a character and his potential.
Carrots design and introduction have the vibe of recurring character, somebody to keep in mind as you will see her more often.
Yamato in design, introduction, treatment and relevance gives the vibe of someone who will join the strawhats. Every strawhat has extreme relevance through out every arc after they join or what I call semi join. To explain semi join, is franky, brook, jinbe. Why semi join? They got introduced, where relevant during the arc, had important tasks during the arc and got asked to join then. Franky defeated one of the CP9 and helped save robin. Brook helped fight morias zombies, told them about there weakness and was over all present in the arc. Jinbe we don’t need to mention impel
Down and Marine Ford, but even in fishman island he was portrayed side by side with the strawhats. There is even a chapter titled 10vs100000 including jinbe with the other strawhats.
And Yamato is given the same treatment. Her role in winning the raid in wano is just as important as that of the other strawhat.
Now Carrot her time in WCI and that does not change or disappear. But her role was not as important as that of the other Strawhats and in wano she got neglected to much. Had she been present and relevant at least as much as Usopp or Nami, then even I(the greatest anti-carrot person ever) would have to admit that she would join. But no writer pushes a character that is supposed to become a main character to the sides for so long or cuts her out of the scenes where all other MCs are present. Carrot does not give MC vibe and frankly speaking, for my opinion she does not fit with the strawhats at all.
Post automatically merged:

Well of course, if Toei goes back to doing a shit job like they did in Dressrosa, of course I’m gonna drop it again. Hopefully the care and effort they put in 1015 is a sign of things to come as opposed to a one time thing.
I haven’t watched the anime continuously since Marine Ford arc ended. Mostly because of the fillers. Only some episodes and scenes on YouTube. But to my knowledge the hole wano arc has had amazing animation and the raid is supposed to have a budget like no tv anime before, and some
of the directors have said that nothing will compare to it for a while. For my opinion the animation is superb. The anime style though that fits one piece best in mg opinion is the thriller bark animation style.

In both the anime and manga, Yamato says that she wants to go out to the seas not just Onigashima Wano country itself where don't you get from that?
This sentence right here tells me you're dumb and don't know what the difference between what the Land of Wano offers and what the vast sea offers, compare them and you will understand how dumb saying staying on land is better than going out to Sea AFTER READING ODENS JOURNAL.
What question did you ask me?
Caribou >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Larrot
Ignored, here's why
you seem to forget that Yamato has been on Wano when she witnessed the death of Oden
Yup. This was before she was trapped on Onigashima. That's why it would be a new territory for her (even tho she was there when she was 8)

We don’t know when exactly but I would estimate a few months after Odens death, as she had time to find his journal after his death
This was the same day. She seems to have followed the scabbards and discovered the journal while the castle was burning (note that we still don't know who saved the journal btw)
Before that she was on wano for a while.
Unsure. In fact, we can assume that Yamato went on wano with Kaido and went back with him on Onigashima to never ever return

So the laps time between her seeing Oden die and being locked up.. was probably less than a few days.

I’m also gonna take the time to explain something to you(I actually think you know this already). Please appreciate the time I took.
I'm reading

When a character is introduced in anime and manga usually you can tell the importance said character will have in the story right away just by the design of the character and the energy said character gives of.
Is it gonna be an enemy, good guy, somebody strong, or later on relevant to the story, etc. Dragon for example when he was shown first in logue town, you could tell he is gonna be important just by his design. Turned out to be Luffy’s father.
Indeed

Vivi in the begin gave unimportant enemy energy. That got changed when Oda changed his mind about her and you can also see a shift in how she is drawn. I’m bring this up as this are not fact, yet they give use clues about a character and his potential.
I agree with that too

Carrots design and introduction have the vibe of recurring character, somebody to keep in mind as you will see her more often.
Yamato in design, introduction, treatment and relevance gives the vibe of someone who will join the strawhats
And that's where we disagree.

Carrot's "vibe" (we are gonna call that way everything you mentionned) indeed had the feeling of a recurring character. But that's not all it had. It had also the feeling of an important character AND a strawhat potential. I talk about this in this article on my blog.

The way Carrot is portrayed during her introduction is in fact very similar to the way the strawhats are introduced. In fact on that front. Yamato and Carrot are pretty much equal. They both have a "strawhat vibe" introduction.

For those reason:

- Their introduction is "cinematically" written. What I mean by that is that their is more to the introduction that just "here is a new character". The way the character is drawn and act is very well.. "cinematic"
- The introduction is "antagonistic". Each strawhat have somekind of an antagonistic feeling to their introduction once their encounter one of the member. It can be done because of the preparation the character had or the way they interact with the strawhats.
- The introduction puts the focus on the specific character. In other word, when the focus was on other cahracter or if multiple characters are introduced.. the strawhat character will grab all the attention for a long laps of time.
- The introduction of a strawhat character often describe the characters personnality traits and characteristic.

You can check. each strawhat's introduction have that feeling of "wow.. this one is different". And Carrot don't escape that rule.. but their is a reason why Carrot's introduction MIGHT feel less impactfull than Yamato for Yamato fans. It's simple:

When Yamato's introduction was concentrated in one single place. Carrot's introduction (just like the one of Robin in fact) got split in TWO.

The first part came on chapter 804 and was push all the way to chapter 805 (when Carrot jumps) and the second one was displayed on chapter 823 (when Carrot sneaks on the ship). Each part have a specific role and each one are exclusively focusing on Carrot: The first part is there to describe Carrot's future role. This is when her lookout abilities are depicted but this is also the part where a warrior side is shown. This is the "fierce Carrot".. the second one in the opposite of that. It described the cheerful Carrot, it describes her entire personnality, her desire and her character.

I want you to understand that those two parts are in fact one big introduction. Oda knew Carrot's personnality from the start, but he choosed to wait until later to reveal her in all her "glory". The reason for that split.. on a narrative side might be simple: It's a way for Oda to split Carrot's characterisation in two in order to create an echo for her future transformation. Minks are full of duality and Carrot is the representation of that. So Oda had to split that into two parts in order to make a point. "Carrot is a warrior.. but she is also the most cheerful character there is".. and both sides combined ...

.. creates a strawhat introduction.

That's why Carrot and Yamato are on the same level on that specific front.

Her role in winning the raid in wano is just as important as that of the other strawhat.
Yes.. but that's the thing. Yamato's development is NOW. It won't be later, it's now or never. And she is developped quite well.. as a arc character. She as the same attribute as an arc character.. but she lacks the most important development: a strawhat development:

- Being shown fighting with the crew
- Luffy's shown fighting FOR her
- Understanding the true importance of Luffy (not just as the leader of the future generation) but as a CAPTAIN.
etc..

While Carrot.. on the other side has some of that.. but lacks the pure development. The thing is.. Carrot's time has not passed yet.. she still has room for a strong development in another arc.. when Yamato does not. For Yamato.. if those things are not shown rapidely.. it will be too late, it can't be done in another arc.. it would only feel like a repetition of Wano.

Yamato needs to be developped as a strawhat now.

Now.. I'm not saying it's impossible.. but the story is not leading that character toward that pass. But to another.

But her role was not as important as that of the other Strawhats
But yes.. it was. Not all the strawhats of course.. Sanji, Brook, Nami and Luffy had more important storylines.. but Carrot was more treated with more importance like for example.. Chopper.

And you can see that with the way Oda developped her during that arc to create a climax for her cahracter on chapter 888. I can't stretch enough how important it is for Oda to have focused almost an ENTIRE chapter (entire if you count 889) to Carrot as a character..

You really need to understand how important the notion of Shining Nakama Action (to really understand that) is for the strawhats. It's a narrative deal breaker. It's not something invented. It's a shonen tool that Oda has used with all the strawhats.

In fact you can compare the moment of Carrot and Jinbe and you will see that they are very similar in term of impact and narration. More! Carrot's moment is even more larger and impactfull that Jinbe's moment.

Again.. I know you guys don't trust me.. but the Shining Nakama action is real and - by it self - it proves that Carrot's treatment granted subtile, is on a complete other level that regular character or Arc character.

And that's why Carrot's case is so strange. That type of narration and all the lore and treatment Carrot received can only be narratively explained if Carrot is a latent character for a future strawhat recruitment.

--

Now.. notes that this doesn't negate in anyway Yamato's chances, in fact yamato could get the same treatment in the future.. it's still possible.. but the fact is.. right now.. She didn't.

Yamato indeed had a strong development and a priviledge position as Ace's friend which could easily make everyone think she is close to the strawhat flag.. but her actual strawhat treatment.. the precise occurence of her desires, her interactions with the crew.. are not on par with what is expected of a future strawhat.

I understand the overwhelming hype around her character and that her close relationship to the theme surrounding joyboy makes her look like the best candidate.. but Oda NEVER plays this obvious game.

The reason I can see that, is not because I'm a Carrot fan, it's because i've analysised Carrot's journey for years to try to understand the profound narrative reasons for the odd choices Oda made.

--

On one hand.. Yamato's personnality is more the one of a fan and observer rather than a Nakama or someone who would put her life for Luffy on the line. On the other.. You may not feel that Carrot "fits" the strawhat. but in the facts. She does. And Oda has been adamant on this multiple times by showing Carrot interact with them, fighting with them, helping them, laughing with them.

In fact you can check in the story. It's very rare for a character with a development like Carrot to have that kind of bond with the strawhat.. More!The relationship between Chopper and Carrot is unique in the serie. All the character who had interactions with the strawhat had one gag, sometimes repeated or one similar interaction.. Most of them were just background character character but almost NONE had such a relationship with them. Carrot was entire with the strawhat, with them, she passed through every emotions and the strawhat respounded to that by passing through every emotion as well, to quote a few shared emotions between Carrot and the strawhat:

- The death of Pedro (Despair)
- The discovering of Whole cake (Joy)
- The sweats (Bliss)
- Seeing Luffy died with the poison (The Goofy scare)
- The meal (Disgust)
- Pedro is dead (The grief)
- Sanji is coming back (The relief)
- "We are putting down Big Mom" during the banquet (determination)
- The plan failed (Surprise)
- We are taking the mirror world back (Teamwork determination)
- We must keep moving forward (Acceptation and resolve)
- Is Luffy ok? (Worries)
- Tell him thank you (Acceptation and sadness)

And many more..

I want you guys to understand one thing. A character sharing that much emotions with the strawhat.. is unprecedented.

The reason why that precise factor is passing under your radars is because.. yeah.. it's logical in a story to share those emotions with the characters..

But no.. no no no no no no no... no no no.

In One Piece, it's not "normal". In One Piece, sides character and even arc characters DON'T share that many emotions with the strawhat. Mostly they share one.. two or even three.. (Shiraoshi's desire / Rebecca's nostalgia / Wiper's determination /) . In fact only arc characters like Momo or Vivi or Yamato or Kinemon or Kyros have a BIT of shared feellings like that.. but that many and for a background character on top of that..

It's UNIQUE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.