Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Smoker will fight alongside Luffy in the BB arc, but I think he’ll be an uneasy alliance like Luffy and Garp, smoker would never be a pirate imo

Whats wrong with Momos power set?
I don’t think it fits the crew at all and I don’t see how it would remotely make sense for him to have featured fights going forward. I think Momo joining the crew as an alliance figure makes more sense then a Straw Hat.

Smoker joining the crew fits in every way. His power level would be around the mid to high level of the crew which makes sense and we’ve been with him for so long that him joining the crew wouldn’t be like someone joining the crew 75% of the way through the journey

I don’t think it fits the crew at all and I don’t see how it would remotely make sense for him to have featured fights going forward. I think Momo joining the crew as an alliance figure makes more sense then a Straw Hat.

Smoker joining the crew fits in every way. His power level would be around the mid to high level of the crew which makes sense and we’ve been with him for so long that him joining the crew wouldn’t be like someone joining the crew 75% of the way through the journey
Him creating his own one sword style as well as him learning his dragon powers and who knows if this fake fruit has its own abilities. It would make for great fights. And I dont see how it doesn’t fit the crew? Hed be in the weaker echelon of the crew sure but he wouldn’t be the weakest.

And eh I think smokers going to be a lot stronger next time we see him thst He’ll be too strong for the crew.

Him creating his own one sword style as well as him learning his dragon powers and who knows if this fake fruit has its own abilities. It would make for great fights. And I dont see how it doesn’t fit the crew? Hed be in the weaker echelon of the crew sure but he wouldn’t be the weakest.

And eh I think smokers going to be a lot stronger next time we see him thst He’ll be too strong for the crew.
I don’t see how Oda is going to give him opponents in the future arcs where it’ll make sense for a dragon the size of Kaido to be fighting. It really doesn’t feel like something Oda would do.

Idk man. You really think Smoker is gonna be Yonko Commander 1 Level next time we see him? That would be insane even for Oda. Jinbei level makes more sense

I don’t see how Oda is going to give him opponents in the future arcs where it’ll make sense for a dragon the size of Kaido to be fighting. It really doesn’t feel like something Oda would do.

Idk man. You really think Smoker is gonna be Yonko Commander 1 Level next time we see him? That would be insane even for Oda. Jinbei level makes more sense
I mean I can see characters like Whitebeard jr and remember that a straw hat is going to be fighting and beating Sanjuan wolf who’s bigger than a mountain

I think smoker will be beyond the commanders next we see him

I mean I can see characters like Whitebeard jr and remember that a straw hat is going to be fighting and beating Sanjuan wolf who’s bigger than a mountain

I think smoker will be beyond the commanders next we see him
Idk man Giant Franky kind of makes sense in comparison to this flying dragon is between all the different battles whenever Straw Hats fight.

You think?? Man I don’t think I could buy that at all. Him becoming Admiral-Yonko level would be extremely dumb ibr

Idk man Giant Franky kind of makes sense in comparison to this flying dragon is between all the different battles whenever Straw Hats fight.

You think?? Man I don’t think I could buy that at all. Him becoming Admiral-Yonko level would be extremely dumb ibr
I think the design works, especially when he goes hybrid mode eventually

And Smoker is underrated imo. But I think he’ll be the one to defeat Hancock in this fight with the warlords

I think coby is just a red herring. I see smoker losing to Hancock pre timeskip to have been pretty important for his character where she broke his jutte and looked down on him on the ground, and I think him coming back and being the one to arrest her fits well with his story.
Mhmmm interesting

I genuinely still think Smoker will be the last crew member at this point
I'll be honest, I won't discard Smoker's chances of joining IF Yamato joins... Why? Just because like Jinbe and Yamato, Smoker also stalemate against Ace...

I do think Smoker will fight alongside Luffy in the BB arc, but I think he’ll be an uneasy alliance like Luffy and Garp, smoker would never be a pirate imo
I can see that as a possibility as well...

I agree here... Though it's kinda difficult to imagine Robin, Franky and Brook getting close to Smoker level...

As long as Tashigi comes with Smoker.

mid thread, no need for it, caribou is joining
Yes. Aka Mr. mVP :pepelit:
Post automatically merged:

I gave up an example of odd treatment but here is another: The fact that Carrot was being introduced as special character during 823 is also Odd, not only did Carrot get an REintroduction but she got multiple page of REcharacterization, something she already had before. For such a "background character" in One Piece, this should have never happened.

Concerning the clue to the road to the ship : The fact that Carrot was drawn more than 40 TIMES at the look out post during the entirerity of whole cake is one of the biggest clue to her future integration. Being drawn helping the ship is a thing. One panel helping the crew with the ship would be logical (even tho few character did that in the serie), but being assignated a role of that importance is a completely different thing. It's a major clue.

The thing is, Kinemon, Raizo, Momonosuke, Vivi, Hatchan and Law are main arc characters of their own arcs, they matter for a reason. Carrot never was a main arc character. She shouldn't get such a strong treatment. And Pappug and Yokozuna were background character, they never had the treatment Carrot had. Carrot's treatment is odd by essence, it's deralling from her supposed character status, it's Off.

They fit but none of them - beside Momo on a single instance - are characterized humoricly (i don't think that's a word) with the strawhats, it's always on the side.

And it's enough to extrapolate. It wouldve been the same with other member

Characterized on the side, and with a much less deeper treatment. You need to remember that 888 only is enough to separate Carrot from all those characters in term of treatment. 888, was not only a Sulong chapter, it was a Carrot one! Through the Sulong, Oda deepened Carrot's character, added layers and finalized who Carrot really is. If we count her time on 889 it's almost an entire chapter dedicated to the power of Carrot and to her extraordinary powermove. The mink's relationship to the Sulong coming at the end of that.

That's something not even Vivi had. That's why I call that the "Shining Nakama Action" It's something only the strawhats get. In fact this big action of her comes at night in parrallel with the ones of Jinbe just a few chapters earlier during the day ;"The green Room".

Basically it's a big Shonen Move, that concentrate the focus specifically on a single character and their post on the ship during a long period of time. Another example of that "Shining Nakama Action" is Nami's, predicting a Tornado while being sick on chapter 130. (I explain everything in the article)

No, Carrot's treatment is unique at the present moment. Not even Yamato is similar as Yamato follow the straight line of Main arc character with all is components (Being important thematically for the story, focusing on the storyline of the main arc protagonist (Momo, Being shown a lot, showing a strong admiration for Luffy etc.)

Debatable but he definitely do not compare to what Carrot did on 888.

But even if that was the case, Paulie is still characterized outside the crew, while Carrot is being treated the opposite way (minus what happened on Onigashima where she is characterized through loss outside of the circle of the crew)

The only thing is, Wano is just a PART of the Yonko Saga, in fact most strawhats did very few in Wano, the story being about Momo, Luffy and the scabbards. When we talk about the Yonko saga, we must take EVERY arc into account or we are just cutting a part of the story.

Carrot was not important in the second, but the FIRST part of the story. When carrot join, it's that part that will hold her candle, not Wano.

Irrelevant, she can become one later.

Which was a depiction also of her own personnality. In short a BIG characterization moment. So this was something of note.

Which is something that plays in favor of Carrot, not in defavor. A protagonist should always be learning things.

Wrong. She stayed with the strawhat even after being assigned a mission during Wano. She also stayed most of the time with the strawhat on the trip to Onigashima.

And Neko is not a side character.

Which is exactly what a good protagonist is supposed to do. Being flawed, thinking that they own the place just to be brought back to earth by the opposition. So instead of a bad thing for Carrot, you are actually mentionning a good thing for her character here.

Logically, she was beaten up. So that remark is irrelevant.

The only good remark.

It does lower her chances to join the crew a bit.

Which is more than enough to climb onto the ship again. So that's not a bad thing as Yamato is exactly the same.

You forget that Carrot already had that trust. So that comparison is IRRELEVANT.

Just like a good main arc character should. Yeah, nothing surprising and nothing in favor of joining the crew here.

Good feat, but it doesn't help in her race for the strawhat flag.

Just like a good main arc character should. Nothing surprising and nothing in favor of joining the crew here.

And that's wrong. All the strawhats have interacted with the crew before they joined.

An army of Samurai is not enough. You need strong commanders and the actual scabbard will most probably become Daymos.

Yup

Indeed.

That's because the first part of her voyage is supposed to test her. The point of the first part of a character arc is to show the character that they have NO PLACE in the story. That's what Whole cake and Wano are for Carrot. But a good protagonist must always rise up to the challenge, and that what will happen with Carrot when she accept the danger of the seas as part of the adventure and reembark on the Sunny a second time.

I think the problem is always the same as everyone here:

You are confusing Joining the crew and... being recruted.

Carrot will join the crew but her story is NOT finished. Her real challenge and therefore her real characterization moment will come LATER, after wano. And only THEN will she be recruted. Not before.

here, we are just waiting for Carrot to join the crew, to have enough will to embark again. To sneak on the Sunny a second time. Because of a single little reason:

Carrot's love for adventure won't disappear with Wano.

No, I would love for Yamato to join. Didn't you follow what I was saying all this time ?

What's your problem mate ?

No, it's only odd. Not Bad.
Weird people in this site. Go back to reddit! :cr7:

Status
Not open for further replies.