Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Yamato’s a shit character” is not a fact so much as an opinion, albeit a fairly popular one among a very specific type of person; Momo was in the air for the majority of the battle trying to generate flame clouds, but even if he was there for it, mentioning the leader of the alliance and the whole fucking reason anyone is there to fight Kaido isn’t half as bizarre or damning as you wanna believe; Yamato fought against Kaido for longer than anyone who wasn’t Luffy, and every single other character didn’t even show up, did she have to beat her father single-handedly for you to like her?? Because holy shit, if that’s your bar to clear, literally everyone else in the series is just as useless as you.
Dude Momo was standing RIGHT NEXT TO YAMATO at this point in time. They are drawn in the exact same panel talking to each other

And yet Luffy mentions Momo but not Yamato. Why? It’s not because Yamato’s “actively fighting Kaido” like you’re saying (In fact she’s just standing there contributing nothing). It’s simply because Luffy doesn’t care about Yamato as much as he cares about those four. They only just met and have no relationship

And dude, I don’t care about how strong she is. I like characters that are interesting, which Yamato isn’t. Usopp is way weaker than Yamato but I like him way more. Why? Because he’s actually interesting while she’s fucking underdeveloped and boring. I MIGHT have liked her a bit more if she beat Kaido because that would actually give her purpose as a character outside of being hollow merchbait

My issue with Vivi is that she’s completely useless, has no role, and especially: she doesn’t have terrible past.

We all know for sure that each Strawhat has terrible past, a trauma which makes them a family. We all know that having terrible past is one of the requirements needed to be a Strawhat. Vivi doesn’t have any of that shit. She was shown having fun with Kohza and Suna clan, flew to the sky with Pell, etc. the only “bad thing” that happens to her was when Wapol slapped her.

“B-b..but… Vivi bonded with the crew! The crew said she will still be a nakama if they meet again!”

You expect the Strawhats to reject her request? And heck yeah many people bonded well with the crew but didn’t join. Vivi was never shown to have any interest or request in “joining” the crew because she loves Alabasta & her people so much, more than the Strawhats, that’s why she chose to stay.

And she’s completely useless. One of the only useful things she had done was when she pleaded to Dalton to save Nami. But of course it’s to show Luffy that not everything should be resolved with violence. The rest was just her dizzy dancing, pulling peacock strings out of her nipples, being captured, and running around from 1 place to another. She couldn’t even save her previous crewmate, easily captured by mere Mr 5 and Miss Valentine. It’s the crew of the future King of Pirates, so no need a fodder level crewmate that needs to be protected by plot armor most of time. What useful thing did she do before tagged along? Accidentally mentioning Crocodile’s name?

At this point, I hate to admit it but even Hiyori is much more resourceful and helpful than what Vivi did; and of course less “cheaper”. At least Hiyori is not a damsel in distress, and for sure Hiyori has terrible past shared along with Momo. Hiyori is a much better version of Vivi, she doesn’t need to pull weapons from her nipples nor does she needs to do cheap dance. But again Hiyori loves her country so much that it’s almost impossible for her to join.

Another much much better character is Hancock. Strong, definitely, ex-shichibukai, has terrible past. The crew will have 3 Zoans & 3 Paramecias. Perfectly balanced.

And for sure, Monet is (apparently) dead but still has much higher chance than Vivi and/or Carrot

Last edited:
How did this thread go from subversive dialogue to subversive affirmation to Luffy counting himself as his own crewmember?
From Literature to Arithmetic... This thread is very uneducational educational... This thread should be restricted to readers ages 10 and above...

UNLEASH C4N AND LET THE FURRY AND THE PENIS HAVE THEIR LEGENDARY CRINGE SHOWDOWN

:finally:
:cheers: Fight of the Decade... Battle of the Brainless...

:ihaha:

Penis getting roasted is the most hilarious thing ever.

He's clearly trying and failing to hide the fact he's seething that best girl Wamato is joining the crew and it's causing him to spaz out and lose all reason isn't that right @Peenix

:youcraz:

Tama is shit.

Vivi good character would be a shit crew member.

Larrot a waste of mink sperm

:gokulaugh:

Can't wait for your cope and seething threads once Yamato joins trust me I'll be there to mock and bringing my calculator for you in case you need help adding up.

:milaugh:

My issue with Vivi is that she’s completely useless, has no role, and especially: she doesn’t have terrible past.

We all know for sure that each Strawhat has terrible past, a trauma which makes them a family. We all know that having terrible past is one of the requirements needed to be a Strawhat. Vivi doesn’t have any of that shit. She was shown having fun with Kohza and Suna clan, flew to the sky with Pell, etc. the only “bad thing” that happens to her was when Wapol slapped her.

“B-b..but… Vivi bonded with the crew! The crew said she will still be a nakama if they meet again!”

You expect the Strawhats to reject her request? And heck yeah many people bonded well with the crew but didn’t join. Vivi was never shown to have any interest or request in “joining” the crew because she loves Alabasta & her people so much, more than the Strawhats, that’s why she chose to stay.

And she’s completely useless. One of the only useful things she had done was when she pleaded to Dalton to save Nami. But of course it’s to show Luffy that not everything should be resolved with violence. The rest was just her dizzy dancing, pulling peacock strings out of her nipples, being captured, and running around from 1 place to another. She couldn’t even save her previous crewmate, easily captured by mere Mr 5 and Miss Valentine. It’s the crew of the future King of Pirates, so no need a fodder level crewmate that needs to be protected by plot armor most of time. What useful thing did she do before tagged along? Accidentally mentioning Crocodile’s name?

At this point, I hate to admit it but even Hiyori is much more resourceful and helpful than what Vivi did; and of course less “cheaper”. At least Hiyori is not a damsel in distress, and for sure Hiyori has terrible past shared along with Momo. Hiyori is a much better version of Vivi, she doesn’t need to pull weapons from her nipples nor does she needs to do cheap dance. But again Hiyori loves her country so much that it’s almost impossible for her to join.

Another much much better character is Hancock. Strong, definitely, ex-shichibukai, has terrible past. The crew will have 3 Zoans & 3 Paramecias. Perfectly balanced.

And for sure, Monet is (apparently) dead but still has much higher chance than Vivi and/or Carrot
Me: “Yamato is a poorly written character who has no merit outside of tits and a big powerlevel”
You: “B-but Vivi useless!”
Thank you for illustrating my point. You like Yamato because she’s strong. You don’t like her for her actual character.
Post automatically merged:

GOD DAMN IT

Peenis is indeed stupid. There are something wrong with your logic, man.

And I thought you were just trolling. Oh dear.
My logic makes perfect sense actually
Yamato is a shit character. Oda isn’t a bad enough writer to write a main character this poorly. Therefore Yamato isn’t joining :luuh:

No one really cares what you think @Peenix your shit.

Your pretty much the local clown now in the thread people make fun of for a cheap yuck.
Obviously you do cause you keep responding

:ihaha:

Penis getting roasted is the most hilarious thing ever.

He's clearly trying and failing to hide the fact he's seething that best girl Wamato is joining the crew and it's causing him to spaz out and lose all reason isn't that right @Peenix

:youcraz:

Tama is shit.

Vivi good character would be a shit crew member.

Larrot a waste of mink sperm

:gokulaugh:

Can't wait for your cope and seething threads once Yamato joins trust me I'll be there to mock and bringing my calculator for you in case you need help adding up.

:milaugh:
Enjoy your empty shell of a character I guess

Me: “Yamato is a poorly written character who has no merit outside of tits and a big powerlevel”
Thank you for illustrating my point. You like Yamato because she’s strong. You don’t like her for her actual character.

My logic makes perfect sense actually
Yamato is a shit character. Oda isn’t a bad enough writer to write a main character this poorly. Therefore Yamato isn’t joining :luuh:

Obviously you do cause you keep responding

Enjoy your empty shell of a character I guess

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Dude Momo was standing RIGHT NEXT TO YAMATO at this point in time. They are drawn in the exact same panel talking to each other

And yet Luffy mentions Momo but not Yamato. Why? It’s not because Yamato’s “actively fighting Kaido” like you’re saying (In fact she’s just standing there contributing nothing). It’s simply because Luffy doesn’t care about Yamato as much as he cares about those four. They only just met and have no relationship

And dude, I don’t care about how strong she is. I like characters that are interesting, which Yamato isn’t. Usopp is way weaker than Yamato but I like him way more. Why? Because he’s actually interesting while she’s fucking underdeveloped and boring. I MIGHT have liked her a bit more if she beat Kaido because that would actually give her purpose as a character outside of being hollow merchbait
You’re willfully missing the more important part of what I said, and I think we both know why
Momo was in the air for the majority of the battle trying to generate flame clouds, but even if he was there for it, mentioning the leader of the alliance and the whole fucking reason anyone is there to fight Kaido isn’t half as bizarre or damning as you wanna believe

My issue with Brook’s character is that he’s defined entirely by his relations to other, more important characters rather than by anything about him specifically. He’s defined by his idolization of his captain's death, the fact that his shadow is stolen by Moria, his friendship with Laboon, etc instead of anything about him specifically. We’re never given a chance to really empathize with his struggle for freedom, because that struggle for freedom is incredibly underdeveloped. And it’s not like he does much either. Overall he had about the same amount of importance that Paulie had in W7. His fans typically point to his fight with Tararan as a rebuttal, except that getting one chapter of focus and then spending the rest of the arc running around is exactly the same thing that happened with Paulie. Except Paulie actually had something going for him with his relation to Iceberg and unique design. Practically every aspect of Brook’s character was done better with other Strawhats. His relationship with Moria was done better with Nami and Arlong. His personality is a less interesting version of Sanji’s. His swordsmanship is less interesting than Zoro’s (at least back when he actually used Asura). His pervertedness is already being used by Franky. His design is super similar to Afro Luffy’s. The only unique thing there is to Brook is he is a talking skeleton, and even that’s as shallow as it is unfunny. We get glimpses that there might be something more to Brook, but they’re just that:glimpses.

And all of this would be fine if he’s just a minor character, but if he’s meant to join the crew then he would permanently decrease the quality of the series

People may say I’m being too harsh, but I don’t see what there is to like about Brook. I could understand if you just liked him for his panty jokes (and even then he isn’t that perverted by OP standards) or if you just cared about fighting and nothing else. But I can’t understand for the life of me why anyone would actually like him for his character, cause he barely has a character to like

/s

Then we got the banquet scene where Brook poured his heart out to Luffy and we got the full flashback. Yamato still has the Wano banquet to go through. The fuck is up with all this headcanon shit? It's like a mad lib from the same shit we've been seeing since W7. There isn't a litmus test for crewmates or a bar they have to pass no matter how many pages of fanfiction you write. Meanwhile Yamato has proclaimed joining the crew three times already. How many more will it take to get through people's thick skulls?

Now, for a bit of a change of pace, damn, Yamato's flashback hits different after Kaido's flashback. Kaido went his whole life hungry and getting captured so he could eat. Then Yamato says "Please feed me or I'll die." Kaido's a savage and poor baby Yamato. Oof.

I never said I don’t like her actual character, where did I say that I don’t like her character? In fact I like her character so much, tomboyish delinquent which is almost non existent in One Piece. Character won’t make the Strawhats find One Piece and help Luffy be the Pirate King. You want to read a story with good character then clearly you’re reading the wrong book.

Oh and Vivi actually has no character at all. She’s the typical copy paste of other fictional princesses, damsel in distress like in almost every other story outside One Piece. Even worse: what kind of a princess pulls weapons out of her fucking nipples? As much as with tits, Yamato doesn’t pull her weapon out of her nipples like Vivi; and at least you admitted Yamato has something to do related with One Piece, while Vivi has none.

So thanks for helping my case
:cheers:

Last edited:
Guess what, all the characters in One Piece Suck ass. They're written terribly. Stop acting like one or two of ya had this great Revelation.
We may like a character, and that's fine, because this story is full of watered down characters, stop bitching so much, We already get the Obvious.

My issue with Brook’s character is that he’s defined entirely by his relations to other, more important characters rather than by anything about him specifically. He’s defined by his idolization of his captain's death, the fact that his shadow is stolen by Moria, his friendship with Laboon, etc instead of anything about him specifically. We’re never given a chance to really empathize with his struggle for freedom, because that struggle for freedom is incredibly underdeveloped. And it’s not like he does much either. Overall he had about the same amount of importance that Paulie had in W7. His fans typically point to his fight with Tararan as a rebuttal, except that getting one chapter of focus and then spending the rest of the arc running around is exactly the same thing that happened with Paulie. Except Paulie actually had something going for him with his relation to Iceberg and unique design. Practically every aspect of Brook’s character was done better with other Strawhats. His relationship with Moria was done better with Nami and Arlong. His personality is a less interesting version of Sanji’s. His swordsmanship is less interesting than Zoro’s (at least back when he actually used Asura). His pervertedness is already being used by Franky. His design is super similar to Afro Luffy’s. The only unique thing there is to Brook is he is a talking skeleton, and even that’s as shallow as it is unfunny. We get glimpses that there might be something more to Brook, but they’re just that:glimpses.

And all of this would be fine if he’s just a minor character, but if he’s meant to join the crew then he would permanently decrease the quality of the series

People may say I’m being too harsh, but I don’t see what there is to like about Brook. I could understand if you just liked him for his panty jokes (and even then he isn’t that perverted by OP standards) or if you just cared about fighting and nothing else. But I can’t understand for the life of me why anyone would actually like him for his character, cause he barely has a character to like

/s

Then we got the banquet scene where Brook poured his heart out to Luffy and we got the full flashback. Yamato still has the Wano banquet to go through. The fuck is up with all this headcanon shit? It's like a mad lib from the same shit we've been seeing since W7. There isn't a litmus test for crewmates or a bar they have to pass no matter how many pages of fanfiction you write. Meanwhile Yamato has proclaimed joining the crew three times already. How many more will it take to get through people's thick skulls?

Now, for a bit of a change of pace, damn, Yamato's flashback hits different after Kaido's flashback. Kaido went his whole life hungry and getting captured so he could eat. Then Yamato says "Please feed me or I'll die." Kaido's a savage and poor baby Yamato. Oof.
Dude, we have gotten chance upon chance upon chance for Yamato to get some development. And the banquet's about to get crashed by Greenbull. If she does get development then I'd welcome it, but I don't think it's likely

I never said I don’t like her actual character, where did I say that I don’t like her character? In fact I like her character so much, tomboyish delinquent which is almost non existent in One Piece. Character won’t make the Strawhats find One Piece and help Luffy be the Pirate King. You want to read a story with good character then clearly you’re reading the wrong book.

Oh and Vivi actually has no character at all. She’s the typical copy paste of other fictional princesses, damsel in distress like in almost every other story outside One Piece. Even worse: what kind of a princess pulls weapons out of her fucking nipples? As much as with tits, Yamato doesn’t pull her weapon out of her nipples like Vivi; and at least you admitted Yamato has something to do related with One Piece, while Vivi has none.

So thanks for helping my case
:cheers:
Go read Law's flashback. Then go read Yamato's
One is an example of a character being treated with care. The other is soulless
I'll just leave it at that

Guess what, all the characters in One Piece Suck ass. They're written terribly. Stop acting like one or two of ya had this great Revelation.
We may like a character, and that's fine, because this story is full of watered down characters, stop bitching so much, We already get the Obvious.
Nah that's some obvious cope. One Piece has good characters. Yamato just isn't one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.