Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I think it’s pretty obvious that Yamato will be the 10th SH. Oda couldn’t have been anymore obvious with Momo’s naming of the SHs this chapter and although it looks like Carrot’s chances to join the SHs is effectively dead this chapter. I think the possibility of her joining as an apprentice is still open. Even more so now that it appears neither Momo or Tama are joining. ‘Duke’ ting is retarded & could be seen as sort of consolation but could also easily be misdirection. Even if Carrot is now officially the Duke of Zou it was made pretty clear that Zou will be fine even without her

You know, one thing I think is interesting is that a major theme of the Wano arc is the new generation replacing the old. Momo took over his father's throne. The old guard from the Rocks era were dethroned. Carrot took the reigns of Zou from Nekomamushi and Inuarashi. And so on

So I think it's rather strange that Yamato seems to be playing this whole "Oden larp" thing completely straight. This whole arc has been about forging your own path and deciding what the new era will be, but here's Yamato doing the complete opposite of that and trying to follow Oden's footsteps

I'm interested in seeing how the next chapter will handle this cause I feel it will make or break Yamato as a character

He and a few other people harassed a mod named Tangerine when this place opened until she left the forum because of their abuse, Bogard had to make a whole thread announcing the details because they were so fucking shitty. I have no respect for bully cunts, so I’m content with calling @dizzy2341 a bitch on a daily basis :myman:
What a scummy sack of shit. She's gone and they're still here; wtf?

I'm now at 0.0001 % in defavor of Yamato (because of the subversive affirmation)
So I can now safely say, yeah, Yamato will most probably join. But it will be a weird moment I think lol

Concerning Carrot, I see that people are starting to find that moment odd.

Indeed it is, there is one thing that I kept repeating over and over : Carrot is not a leader.

But this was the perfect moment to setup what I wanted, Her sneaking back on the Sunny. The odds are low, but I'm still convinced.

I'm now at 0.0001 % in defavor of Yamato (because of the subversive affirmation)
So I can now safely say, yeah, Yamato will most probably join. But it will be a weird moment I think lol

Indeed it is, there is one thing that I kept repeating over and over : Carrot is not a leader.

But this was the perfect moment to setup what I wanted, Her sneaking back on the Sunny. The odds are low, but I'm still convinced.
When did you finally see the light on Yamato

I don't think Carrot's joining, but this chapter did give me some doubts on Yamato joining. I won't make any definite predictions, but I wouldn't be shocked if Yamato ended up staying

Haven't seen anyone talking about this, but this page gives me some doubts on whether Yamato will join

Yamato says that she's just come to a decision but she's been saying this whole arc that she'll join Luffy's crew, which implies that she recently had some doubts about joining the crew. Not saying that she's 100% not joining but I could easily see them setting up a bait-and-switch

Decided to watch Morj's video to see his reaction to Yamato
"As much as it pains me to say it seems Yamato will join"
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh: He seething HARD
Man, giga-chad Oden pissed in these guys' cheerios so hard they got PTSD against another character. Yamato is as milquetoast as it gets. Sure, I like the character, but Oda could have done so much better building the backstory and dream. Wano was just too big by the time we got to Onigashima that not everything could get the focus it deserved. Oda got to tell his samurai story and I'm glad for that, but Wano does have its negatives. Even still, to hate a character? I'd understand hatred if Caesar joined, or Spandam. But Yamato? Yamato is inoffensive unless you have an illogical hatred toward Oden.

Hide your wives and daughters? More like hide your snowflakes because there's an inferno coming through and Oden was born to boil.

Dude's a bigger clown than Buggy, but at least Buggy's L's push him upward.

Haven't seen anyone talking about this, but this page gives me some doubts on whether Yamato will join

Yamato says that she's just come to a decision but she's been saying this whole arc that she'll join Luffy's crew, which implies that she recently had some doubts about joining the crew. Not saying that she's 100% not joining but I could easily see them setting up a bait-and-switch
I guess I can see why people would read this in that way, but I read it in the context of asking Luffy to join the crew. Yamato has not done that yet, and has "decided" that today is the day after weeks of just hanging out. If you have a crush on someone for months and decide that today is finally the day you tell them, that doesn't mean you did not really have a crush on them all those months. You just decided to act on it TODAY.

To me she just meant that she decided to finally leave, since she was chilling in the roof for one last time, not to mention how her deciding to stay would undermine Momo in these last 2 chapters

I guess I can see why people would read this in that way, but I read it in the context of asking Luffy to join the crew. Yamato has not done that yet, and has "decided" that today is the day after weeks of just hanging out. If you have a crush on someone for months and decide that today is finally the day you tell them, that doesn't mean you did not really have a crush on them all those months. You just decided to act on it TODAY.
One of the first things Yamato said to Luffy was "Hey I'm joining your crew"
Post automatically merged:

To me she just meant that she decided to finally leave, since she was chilling in the roof for one last time
But that doesn't make any sense though. She's been saying this entire arc that she was going to join Luffy's crew, but she just decided now that she was going to leave?

But that doesn't make any sense though. She's been saying this entire arc that she was going to join Luffy's crew, but she just decided now that she was going to leave?
She decided to leave as in "ok times up, time to go" not that she decided to join, wich she did since her intro

Your trying way too hard here dude. She always wanted to leave and join Luffy; What she's saying is she's going to "Officially" ask Luffy to join.
It's not the first time a Character delayed their joining. Jinbei; Brook etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.