Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rubblerust

The way I interpret that Carrot scene is that at first she didn't want to become ruler, but everybody else convinced her, especially by appealing to Pedro's Will. So she's standing there thinking about Pedro and realizing it's her responsibility.

People high on copium are inserting the meaning they want into Carrot and Yamato's panels. They're just delaying the inevitable disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys.... I have to come clean...

"Submersive affirmation" is all good and fun, everyone had a laugh when he couldn't even admit that he didn't search if the term already existed beforehand. And it makes for good memes like the Simpsons one.

But for my money...

Nothing can even compete with "Shining Nakama Action".

It's most likely the cringiest term ever coined online.

Truly a milestone, nothing will top it.

:finally:

Last edited:
Guys.... I have to come clear...

"Submersive affirmation" is all good and fun, everyone had a laugh when he couldn't even admit that he didn't search if the term already existed beforehand. And it makes for good memes like the Simpsons one.

But for my money...

Nothing can even compete with "Shining Nakama Action".

It's most likely the cringiest term ever coined online.

Truly a milestone, nothing will top it.

:finally:
Ignored, HERE'S WHY!!!

R

rubblerust

HERE is a Link to the article where I conceptualized this

And I just notice that this section lacks manga panel to explain what I am saying, I will correct that tomorrow. It will be much clearer
So let me guess, Yamato freezing the bombs in Onigashima is not "Shiny" because nobody saw it.

These criteria seem pretty arbitrary to me. Do you think Oda has this list somewhere in his drawer and makes sure to follow it for each actual nakama, but violate one or two for others?

This concept doesn't explain anything. It's not derived from any reasoning.

You might as well argue that Yamato will not join the crew and Carrot will because all living crew members have two-syllable names.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I have a friend that is watching One Piece for the first time
We recently reached Water 7/Eines Lobby so I thought it would be interesting to see how he would theorize about who would join between Franky and Paulie. So basically I started giving cases for both and being vague about who actually joins. Results have been pretty interesting.

Right now he definitely prefers Franky way more as a character and hopes he joins over Paulie. But with Paulie, he said there were certain things that go in his favor as well. A couple examples was that heart to heart between Luffy and Paulie in the Gally-La Building, another was he said that Paulie might join the crew if he sneaks on Rocketman. Paulie saving the Straw Hats from Aqua Laguna gave him points as well.

With Franky, my friend says that he is the better character with a really good back story and that the new crew member depends on "Paulie's Flashback"

Basically right now he thinks Paulie will join over Franky but wants Franky to join over Paulie.

Right now we're very, very close to the actual beginning of Eines Lobby as we're at the end of the Sea Train raid. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

Another thing that occured to me regarding the idea some still have that Yamato is staying: unless you belive Carrot is sneaking in, a good portion of the chapter was focused on dealing with all the "potential nakama" stuff, we got 2 pages of Carrot and the dukes, 1 for Tama staying to train and even 1 panel showing Caribou as someone with an agenda that doesnt fit with the SHs. Why would Yamato be the only one that is treated differently and needs a whole new chapter to just say "I decided to stay"?:choppawhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.