Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That number has nothing to do with Nakama stuff.
It literally does. Luffy said he wants 10 nakama. Meaning his close crew members (commanders). Not just general arc allies. The magazine clarified and said that they're wondering who will be the member to join.
The number of people in Blackbeard's crew doesn’t dictate the number of people in Luffy's crew.
No, but it very strongly suggests the numbers will match since the BBs are a dark mirror of the straw hats.

Oda added a new BB member over the timeskip. Why would he do that and make the vs numbers mismatched if he didn't intend to also add a SH after Jinbe to balance it out?

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
It literally does. Luffy said he wants 10 nakama. Meaning his close crew members (commanders). Not just general arc allies. The magazine clarified and said that they're wondering who will be the member to join.

No, but it very strongly suggests the numbers will match since the BBs are a dark mirror of the straw hats.

Oda added a new BB member over the timeskip. Why would he do that and make the vs numbers mismatched if he didn't intend to also add a SH after Jinbe to balance it out?
It is suggestive. Not confirmatory. So, it doesn’t provide strong argument. Plus Vivi is basically a member. Also, Oda always adds red herrings to the story to keep people guessing (e.g. he introduced Nidai for the sole purpose of keeping us guessing which sword Zoro will take in place of Shusui). So, the tenth captain can easily be one used to keep us guessing about some match-ups (e.g. Sanji's match-up).

Also, I want clarification on this. Didn’t Luffy say around 10 nakama. Was he precise with the number?

L

Little Cahokia

It is suggestive. Not confirmatory. So, it doesn’t provide strong argument. Plus Vivi is basically a member. Also, Oda always adds red herrings to the story to keep people guessing (e.g. he introduced Nidai for the sole purpose of keeping us guessing which sword Zoro will take in place of Shusui). So, the tenth captain can easily be one used to keep us guessing about some match-ups (e.g. Sanji's match-up).

Also, I want clarification on this. Didn’t Luffy say around 10 nakama. Was he precise with the number?
Luffy did say around 10 and on top of that was over 20 years ago at this point.

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Vivi will rejoin and get the snow fruit( I know I know this fruit is over theorised) but think about Lafitte vs Vivi with snow ( both hypnotists and both could use wings to fly)

It is suggestive. Not confirmatory.
I know. That's what I just said.
So, it doesn’t provide strong argument.
-Luffy said he wants 10 nakama
-Blackbeard his arch nemesis has 10 nakama
=It's likely Luffy will have 10 nakama

Failing to see how that's a weak argument
Plus Vivi is basically a member.
Vivi is an honorary member. She isn't included in Oda's official straw hat count and since she can't fight, she's not the missing member they need to fight BB.
Also, Oda always adds red herrings to the story to keep people guessing (e.g. he introduced Nidai for the sole purpose of keeping us guessing which sword Zoro will take in place of Shusui).
I know Oda adds red herrings. I called Yamao being just that since day 1. Much like Carrot "becoming the queen of Zou" is intended to distract from the possibility that she might stowaway again. Subversive affirmation if you will. :sanmoji:
Post automatically merged:

You gotta remember, right before Oda does a massive twist, he goes extra hard out of his way to convince you that there's absolutely no way the twist will happen.

Intentionally showed "Kaku and Lucci" KO'ed to rule them out of suspicion moments before the big reveal.
Had Vivi come all the way to the coast at the arranged time, just to say that she was staying
He had Pudding's tearful farewell and showed sympathetic memories from her childhood
He had Yamao say the Oden line, knowing full well that most would interpret this as her deciding to sail away
If Oda's very strongly pushing one outcome, yet at the same time tactfully leaving the door open for a different outcome you should automatically suspect some kind of twist. That's why Carrot's fate has ginormous red flags since she never accepted. If she had, then she'd be finished. But off panelling her response suddenly made it extremely likely that she did the exact opposite of what Oda was leading you to believe.

Last edited:

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco

Vivi is an honorary member. She isn't included in Oda's official straw hat count and since she can't fight, she's not the missing member they need to fight BB.

I know Oda adds red herrings. I called Yamao being just that since day 1. Much like Carrot "becoming the queen of Zou" is intended to distract from the possibility that she might stowaway again. Subversive affirmation if you will. :sanmoji:

You gotta remember, right before Oda does a massive twist, he goes extra hard out of his way to convince you that there's absolutely no way the twist will happen.

Intentionally showed "Kaku and Lucci" KO'ed to rule them out of suspicion moments before the big reveal.
Had Vivi come all the way to the coast at the arranged time, just to say that she was staying
He had Pudding's tearful farewell and showed sympathetic memories from her childhood
He had Yamao say the Oden line, knowing full well that most would interpret this as her deciding to sail away
If Oda's very strongly pushing one outcome, yet at the same time tactfully leaving the door open for a different outcome you should automatically suspect some kind of twist. That's why Carrot's fate has ginormous red flags since she never accepted. If she had, then she'd be finished. But off panelling her response suddenly made it extremely likely that she did the exact opposite of what Oda was leading you to believe.
Can't help but agree with potential red herring fishiness going on here. Oda condensed Yamato's reason for staying in a single speech bubble. It would've been extremely easy to add a panel of Carrot saying yes.

Or at the least some kind of actual confirmation that she is not joining instead of leaving it unanswered and having people unsure about her fate, relying on assumptions and theories.

Imagine if the last we saw of Yamato was that panel of her deciding she's gonna live like Oden that we saw a couple chapters ago. There would be theories or questions about if she's gonna join or not.

Last edited:
Can't help but agree with potential red herring fishiness going on here. Oda condensed Yamato's reason for staying in a single speech bubble. It would've been extremely easy to add a panel of her saying yes.

Or at the least some kind of actual confirmation that she is not joining instead of leaving it unanswered and having people unsure about her fate, relying on assumptions and theories.

Imagine if the last we saw of Yamato was that panel of her deciding she's gonna live like Oden that we saw a couple chapters ago. There would be theories or questions about if she's gonna join or not.
There's also the fact Jinbe still hans't gotten his toast, which is weird.
Although Oda could have off-screened it .

You expect carrot to reject and stowaway again but ha zah! She actually accepts and does not stowaway. Don't be so sure you know what he'll pull.... I know Oda is more than willing to lead someone down a rabbit hole til the very end only to pull the carpet from under their feet and leaving them tumbling.

This is what make me nervous..... This is problaly why carrot4nakama predicts carrot joining to be low. It feels like Oda is leading us on again which is why I'm just hopeful right now. I'm getting a prankster vibe from the story flow regarding Oda.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
There's also the fact Jinbe still hans't gotten his toast, which is weird.
Although Oda could have off-screened it .
I have to look again for the East Blue 5 but there was a toast for Chopper, Franky, and Brook with the exception of Robin since it lead straight to Jaya. And with Robin that was because her whole thing was about mystery and how she wasn't a completed character yet for the crew.

Add in all the trouble it took with Jinbe to join and I doubt that Oda would offscreen it. Especially since he took the time to delay it at the beginning of Onigashima when he could've just had the toast right then and there.

You expect carrot to reject and stowaway again but ha zah! She actually accepts and does not stowaway. Don't be so sure you know what he'll pull.... I know Oda is more than willing to lead someone down a rabbit hole til the very end only to pull the carpet from under their feet and leaving them tumbling.

This is what make me nervous..... This is problaly why carrot4nakama predicts carrot joining to be low. It feels like Oda is leading us on again which is why I'm just hopeful right now. I'm getting a prankster vibe from the story flow regarding Oda.
The subversion is based around what Oda is trying to make you think.

Oda isn't pushing that Carrot will join like he did for Yamao. The possibility shouldn't even be in most people's minds.

The only reason I'm not 100% certain Carrot's joining is because of how bad Oda's writing of her and Wano in general was. Ordinarily, the ambiguous Zou ruler acceptance would be enough to seal the deal that she's in. Still got chances of it happening at like 85% simply because someone has to join and Carrot's the only one in a position to do so.

The subversion is based around what Oda is trying to make you think.

Oda isn't pushing that Carrot will join like he did for Yamao. The possibility shouldn't even be in most people's minds.

The only reason I'm not 100% certain Carrot's joining is because of how bad Oda's writing of her and Wano in general was. Ordinarily, the ambiguous Zou ruler acceptance would be enough to seal the deal that she's in. Still got chances of it happening at like 85% simply because someone has to join and Carrot's the only one in a position to do so.
:broocry::broocry::broocry:

Status
Not open for further replies.