Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still question the morality of this pair...
Post automatically merged:

She is staying because Zou needs a ruler fitting for this new age, its more straight foward than Yamato's last minute mental gymnastics
And Pedro's will? because yes, his will was not to lead Zou, but his will was to accompany the crew destined to bring the dawn. Wanda and Shishilian are much more qualified than her to lead so no for me it came out of nowhere. And stop with Yamato, Yamato has inherited the will of Oden she says it herself that she wants to open the borders of Wano.

So pursuing this will is not sailing with the Straw Hats, but doing what Oden would have done after his death: protecting Wano and opening its borders. Nothing forbids Yamato to sail later, but sailing with the Straw Hats would not be a continuation of Oden's will, it would just be a recycling.

I think Carrot would be a bigger help in bringing the dawn as the ruler of Zou and leading the Minks in the final war. That's my take on that "Pedro's will" scene. That last "Pedro..." was her accepting what the dukes were saying.

I still question the morality of this pair...

She is staying because Zou needs a ruler fitting for this new age, its more straight foward than Yamato's last minute mental gymnastics
The thing about that is carrot is the least qualified to be leader, even carrot herself acknowledged this, the chapter also made it seem like Wanda and Shishilian would be doing all the work anyway

I think Carrot would be a bigger help in bringing the dawn as the ruler of Zou and leading the Minks in the final war. That's my take on that "Pedro's will" scene. That last "Pedro..." was her accepting what the dukes were saying.
Pedro wanted to go to sea with the future king of the Pirates, and he told carrot to go ahead if she stays on Zou she will just go backwards. And will go against Pedro's wishes.

His will was to help bring the dawn, that can happen in a multitude of ways, it was never especifically about joining. If by leading the minks the world gets closer to the dawn then she will be carrying his will
Yamato has inherited the will of Oden she says it herself that she wants to open the borders of Wano.
pursuing this will is not sailing with the Straw Hats
Except she said she was going to join right after that?

The thing about that is carrot is the least qualified to be leader, even carrot herself acknowledged this, the chapter also made it seem like Wanda and Shishilian would be doing all the work anyway
In the real world yes, Carrot is completely unqualified.

In One Piece world a moron like Luffy is the greatest leader the world has seen and an eight year old Momo has just been made Shogun of Wano.

Pedro wanted to go to sea with the future king of the Pirates, and he told carrot to go ahead if she stays on Zou she will just go backwards. And will go against Pedro's wishes.
The thing is, Pedro's will was not "to join the PK" it was to help to bring the dawn. Yes, he wanted to join when he was a kid, but during his life he realized that he could help in other ways. If his will was "to join", he would have wanted to join Luffy, but instead he chose to help in the ways the thought were best for them. Leading Zou is not going back because she represents a new generation, that's what the dukes thought Carrot was capable of, because a new Zou is needed in this new era. The Zou of the dukes was torn between day and night because of their infighting, suggesting that the new generation should repeat this cycle because of tradition is not a fitting end for the new era that is about to begin.

L

Little Cahokia

I mean Wano is getting an 8 yo so...:kayneshrug:
You can't really compare with Momo because he was going to be the Shogun regardless, Post-Timeskip and the moment he turned into an adult made this clear. For Carrot this was never shown or pointed to be the case. Even if you want to justify the Leadership thing it would make more sense for her to join so she can develop as character, learn about other islands and learn some kind of diplomacy sense her home is literally walking everywhere and gain more strength on the way so she can properly protect Zou when she becomes a proper age to be actually Queen. The world is not going to isolated anymore.

Momo was built up to be the Leader of Wano for years now
What, 3 years? And as a child? Its pretty clear that Momo serves more as a symbol right now, he relies a lot on the Scabbards, and Carrot would pretty much be the same with Wanda and Shishilian

You can't really compare with Momo because he was going to be the Shogun regardless, Post-Timeskip and the moment he turned into an adult made this clear. For Carrot this was never shown or pointed to be the case. Even if you want to justify the Leadership thing it would make more sense for her to join so she can develop as character, learn about other islands and learn some kind of diplomacy sense her home is literally walking everywhere and gain more strength on the way so she can properly protect Zou when she becomes a proper age to be actually Queen. The world is not going to isolated anymore.
I agree that Carrot becoming a Queen is rushed as fuck, but thats hardly the only rushed thing in Wano, and given how she was treated during Wano I find that way more likely than the crate theory

Last edited:
L

Little Cahokia

thats cause there is none. no matter how silly one thinks yamato staying, people can at least give/think of reasons to explain it. with carrot its like...she's staying in zou because...because...she's a mink i guess...oda wanted her out the story? maybe
Exactly this:finally:

What, 3 years? And as a child? Its pretty clear that Momo serves more as a symbol right now, he relies a lot on the Scabbards, and Carrot would pretty much be the same with Wanda and Shishilian

I agree that Carrot becoming a Queen is rushed as fuck, but thats hardly the only rushed thing in Wano, and given how she was treated during Wano I find that way more likely than the crate theory
If Carrot had simply said good bye to the
crew we could have least concluded she felt
her journey was done. It would have been a
poor ending to her story IMO but it would
have at least gotten closure from her.
Suddenly making her king of Zou is so out
of nowhere and makes so little sense that it
feels like a forced solution to something
that wasn't even really a problem.

L

Little Cahokia

But you're also making out as if Carrot is the only character that got sidelined in Wano. Actual Strawhats got sidelined because simply put it's not their arc. If she was a Dual Queen with Wanda then I would have backed down on her joining but Oda did give Carrot a decent amount of time with Strawhats multiple times in Wano to point she was in a group hug welcoming Jinbei back (no doesn’t if she wasn't the only mink in the panel because the others didn't welcome him).

I think you are misunderstanding my problem, you keep trying to compare her situation to Momo when the situation is completely different. Momo was always going to be shogun, he stated several times that's what he wanted to do and was pretty much the entire purpose of this saga, defeat Kaido and make Momo shogun, my entire problem with carrot was that its bad writing. And I would at least be more accepting of it if she got at least got one panel for a good bye or one panel of her actually accepting the role. I feel many carrot fans would have accepted it if we at least got that, but was instead end on her mentioning Pedro's name which leaves a lot more open for interpretation.

If Carrot had simply said good bye to the
crew we could have least concluded she felt
her journey was done. It would have been a
poor ending to her story IMO but it would
have at least gotten closure from her.
Suddenly making her king of Zou is so out
of nowhere and makes so little sense that it
feels like a forced solution to something
that wasn't even really a problem.
Thata how I feel about most Wano conclusions

But you're also making out as if Carrot is the only character that got sidelined in Wano. Actual Strawhats got sidelined because simply put it's not their arc. If she was a Dual Queen with Wanda then I would have backed down on her joining but Oda did give Carrot a decent amount of time with Strawhats multiple times in Wano to point she was in a group hug welcoming Jinbei back (no doesn’t if she wasn't the only mink in the panel because the others didn't welcome him).
The difference is that the SHs are already that, SHs, they already had their own arcs and its somewhat ok for Oda to sideline them for 1 arc since there are others to come, but to sideline a character that is supposed to join right after it? That doesnt make sense imo, especially when Carrot lacks a LOT of characterization and development and Oda found it better to create a filler character like Yamato instead of giving Carrot all of that panel time

I think you are misunderstanding my problem, you keep trying to compare her situation to Momo when the situation is completely different. Momo was always going to be shogun, he stated several times that's what he wanted to do and was pretty much the entire purpose of this saga, defeat Kaido and make Momo shogun, my entire problem with carrot was that its bad writing. And I would at least be more accepting of it if she got at least got one panel for a good bye or one panel of her actually accepting the role. I feel many carrot fans would have accepted it if we at least got that, but was instead end on her mentioning Pedro's name which leaves a lot more open for interpretation.
I get what you are saying, I'm just pointing out how this conclusion being lack luster isnt evidence that there is more to come, since a lot of stuff in Wano was like that, and how Carrot becoming Duchess is similar to Momo becoming Shogun in a lot of ways so its very possible that, in Oda's mind, that makes sense as a conclusion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.