Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato becoming the next shogun until Momo comes of age has a lot of potential

The idea of a proxy shogun has already been introduced

We could have a contrast of this moment:

Instead of a lying, insidious gremlin becoming shogun seeking only to do harm to the country, you'd have Yamato set on trying her best to prepare it for the Momo, the son of the man whom she admires. Yamato is:

-Strong
-Outspoken and defiant
-Female
-Has the blood of a daimyo killer
-28, Same age Momo would've been if he'd been allowed to mature instead of travelling through time
-Admires Oden

The first two points being leadership qualities and the rest are points that would carry meaning for the Wano citizens.

The straw hats leave islands better than when they came. Not just by defeating the big bad, but if there's an issue amongst the citizens, social relations improve amongst the people too, even if this is not a direct result of the straw hats' actions. This has been shown time and time again from the mending of relationships and coexistence of the Shandians and the Skypieans, the closing of the fishman district and the inclusion of its residents onto the mainland and the same happening with the Tontattas being introduced to the citizens of Dressrosa and properly living among them instead of simply being a myth. Or how Inu and Neko made up, uniting Zou despite that having nothing to do with the straw hats.

This happens literally all the time. Orochi and Kanjuro, as shite as they are how been portrayed to be monsters of Wano's own creation.
A child becomes evil after watching their parents murdered in front of them due to persecution against their family and people think this sort of BS is gonna stick in the country by the time they crew leaves???

Obviously not...

Likewise, you think we'll end this arc on a satisfying note having risked our lives to save these types of people:

No...

The fact that Yamato "coincidentally" encapsulates many qualities that the people of Wano wrongfully have issues with means it's a possibility that she'll be used as a figure for changing them. Yes Orochi and Kaido are responsible for Wano being the shit hole it is, but some of the blame goes towards the citizens too for hunting children simply for being related to criminals, and as a result turning those children into vengeful villains.

The best way to make that change across all of Wano would be by having someone like Yamato, who is related to a daimyo killer... who is a woman... who is outspoken... to become the shogun of the whole country, even if only temporarily. Countering the damage Orochi did when he was proxy shogun by instead fixing Wano's dated society, helping the country rebuild and setting the stage for Momonosuke's reign.

Yamato doesn't even know that Momo, Hiyori and all the scabbards are still alive. The reason she decided to "become" Oden was on the illusion that they were all dead and that there was no one left to carry on Oden's will. When she finds out that the closest inheritors of Oden's will are still alive she could become her own person. Desiring to become shogun would be a great indication of that change as that is something Oden never wanted to be.

Ok, here's what the chapters says.

Chapter 983, I’m Yamato, im kaido’s son
Chapter 984, chashes with luffy, remembers ace
Chapter 984, I want to be oden kozuki, carry on Oden’s will, Open Wano to the world, I want to fight on your side, you remind me of ace
Chapter 985, so speaking as kozuki Oden, i've followed the proper logic that says, as ace’s brother, you should be giving me a ride on your ship, wants to be like oden: to go out to ace and his friends and be free, these handcuffs have kept me trapped here for 20 years, Kaido: the shogun will be my son Yamato-Yamato: Not even for a second stupid dad.
Yamato: I wanted to got out to sea with ace and his friends so badly, but I have been imprisoned on this island since the age of eight.
Luffy: Hang on, you can't be Oden, because oden is a guy everybody loves. yamato: okay fine, maybe your more oden than me, how can I be Oden and not be free.

Conclusions:

1. Yamato wants be like Oden because she wants to carry on his will/dream of opening Wano's borders, nowhere does it ever say she wants to be shogun

2. Yamato wanted to leave Wano and go out to sea with Ace, but couldn't at the time but she was imprisoned so she couldn't and missed her chance, she never said that she would only leave with Ace and no one else. Otherwise, she wouldn't bother be cahsing luffy in the first place

3. Yamato's own personal requirement that she has set herself to be like Oden: is the condition that she is free, has nothing to do with being shogun.

4. "yamato: okay fine, maybe your more oden than me?" Yamato never said she was trying to imitate Oden/ follow his path/ or copy him to a tee. She's saying that in order to proper follow her role model oden, one of the requirements must be that she is free, like how oden was free to leave wano. Yamato tried this with ace, but it didn't work. That's why she's trying it now again with Luffy.

This is Because:

1: She knows that Luffy is trying to take down kaido and liberate wano- this will open wano's borders after this is over, because kinemon and the others have already agreed and settled on this, which is also what oden originally wanted

2: Luffy's conversation mean pretty much nothing in this, since he was just confused of why someone who is clearly not oden, is saying that she is oden. Luffy NEVER said that Yamato has to be or not be Oden for her to join her crew (he probably doesn't care anyway).

3: She knows that Luffy is from outside wano, and when its all said and done, luffy will leave afterwards since he has a ship, just like Ace. That's why yamato asks to be aboard luffy's ship.

To sum it all up:

Yamato saw oden leave wano, saw the incredible man he was, saw how he died. Yamato was inspired and wants to do the same/walk the same path. Somewhere down the line she met Ace, saw he came from the outside of wano and has a ship, sees her first step in walking in oden's footsteps, asks ace to bring her along, was rejected. Luffy arrives in wano to take down kaido. Yamato saw the news, breaks out of prison to find luffy, asks: to join his ship, to allow her to them in the fight on their side, tells luffy about how passionate she was about oden's actions.

Where is this whole stay in wano, be the next oden, become shogun, solo sailing business ???

Yamato wants to be like oden, because oden was the only wano citizen who was able to leave wano. (not counting Izo,tori or momo because Yamato most likely doesn't know about that). Oden is Yamato's role model. Yamato didn't want to be like oden so she can stay in wano, also nowhere does she ever say she wants to be loved by all the citizens of wano. It was the same thing with oden too, wants to leave wano, didn't and never cared about how the wano citizens liked him or not, UNTIL oden saw what kaido and orochi were doing, giving his all to save wano from falling to orochi and kaido, but the wano citizens didn't believe him at first becasue of his antics due to being black mailed by orochi. Oden was also the only person from wano who showed the greatest defiance against kaido, being able to leave a lasting scar on him, no one else had hurt and defied his father like oden, and Yamato wishes that someday she would be strong enough and given the chance to do the same.

Yamato worships oden, because oden is the proof that she can escape from her father's fate and hands, she doesn't worship oden because she wants to become Oden 2.0, staying in wano and/or becoming shogun.

Luffy is the dumbass who doesn't understand Yamato's words, and was mistaken that someone is impersonating Oden when he already knows oden is clearly long dead. Luffy's words here don't really mean anything. Yamato wasn't trying to trick luffy into believing she was Oden either, oden is just her role model, and she was betting on oden's mannerisms and way of speech to convince luffy to help fulfil her wishes: liberating Wano and leaving the country on Luffy's ship. The same wishes that she betted on Ace, now she's trying her luck again with luffy, hoping that the second time is the charm, because luffy is Ace's brother.
1. She never said that she wanted to be like Kozuki Oden, but that she wanted to be oden. She had said to her father that she wanted to be oden.
2. I am aware of that but the point is that Yamato wants to be Oden, not just to join Luffy but in general she wants to be him.
3. Yamato only asked Luffy because at that point she still thought that she was already Kozuki Oden.
4. Here you ignore the point where Luffy said that she can't be Kozuki Oden because she has to be loved by the people of Wano to become him. The point here with Kozuki Oden is that he was not held in one place. He could go whenever he wanted. He was free. Yamato, however, was held in one place. She cannot leave Wano whenever she wants. Yamato is not free. She is only free when she can leave Wano whenever she wants. Oden was already free, even while he was in Wano. Yamato also wants to be able to leave a place whenever she wants, just like Oden. This means that even if she stays in Wano to become Kozuki Oden, she would still be free because she would no longer be under her father's rule.

To the summary
Yamato wanted to join Luffy's crew as Kozuki Oden. After all, she said "So speaking as Kozuki Oden". She already thought she was oden which is why she said it and followed his logic and that Luffy is the brother of Ace that Luffy should let her join the crew. She already thought that she was Kozuki Oden until Luffy said to her that she couldn't be Oden because he is someone loved by the people of Wano, which made her angry. Besides, she said to her father herself that she wanted to be Kozuki Oden. Yamato wants to be Kozuki Oden and to achieve it she has to be loved by the people of wano since luffy told her that oden is loved by the people of wano.

Of course, she had never said that she wanted to be loved by the people of wano because she didn't know that Oden was loved by the people of wano until Luffy said to her that oden was someone who was loved by the people. Even if he didn't care at first whether people liked him or not, he has now become someone who now cares about the people of wano. He is currently someone who is loved by the people of wano. He had changed. That is who Kozuki Oden is currently.

Last edited:
1. She never said that she wanted to be like Kozuki Oden, but that she wanted to be oden. She had said to her father that she wanted to be oden.
2. I am aware of that but the point is that Yamato wants to be Oden, not just to join Luffy but in general she wants to be him.
3. Yamato only asked Luffy because at that point she still thought that she was already Kozuki Oden.
4. Here you ignore the point where Luffy said that she can't be Kozuki Oden because she has to be loved by the people of Wano to become him. The point here with Kozuki Oden is that he was not held in one place. He could go whenever he wanted. He was free. Yamato, however, was held in one place. She cannot leave Wano whenever she wants. Yamato is not free. She is only free when she can leave Wano whenever she wants. Oden was already free, even while he was in Wano. Yamato also wants to be able to leave a place whenever she wants, just like Oden. This means that even if she stays in Wano to become Kozuki Oden, she would still be free because she would no longer be under her father's rule.

To the summary
Yamato wanted to join Luffy's crew as Kozuki Oden. After all, she said "So speaking as Kozuki Oden". She already thought she was oden which is why she said it and followed his logic and that Luffy is the brother of Ace that Luffy should let her join the crew. She already thought that she was Kozuki Oden until Luffy said to her that she couldn't be Oden because he is someone loved by the people of Wano, which made her angry. Besides, she said to her father herself that she wanted to be Kozuki Oden. If Yamato really only wants to be like Kozuki Oden but doesn't want to be Kozuki Oden then luffy's quote and that she gets angry afterwards is a contradiction.

Yamato wants to be Kozuki Oden and to achieve it she has to be loved by the people of wano since luffy told her that oden is loved by the people of wano.
I didn't take it as Luffy saying that being loved was the requirement for being Oden. I thought it was more like you shouldn't impersonate him because he was so loved. In other words, the people of Wano won't take kindly to her claiming to be Oden because they all loved Oden.

To the summary
Yamato wanted to join Luffy's crew as Kozuki Oden. After all, she said "So speaking as Kozuki Oden". She already thought she was oden which is why she said it and followed his logic and that Luffy is the brother of Ace that Luffy should let her join the crew. She already thought that she was Kozuki Oden until Luffy said to her that she couldn't be Oden because he is someone loved by the people of Wano, which made her angry. Besides, she said to her father herself that she wanted to be Kozuki Oden.

Yamato wants to be Kozuki Oden and to achieve it she has to be loved by the people of wano since luffy told her that oden is loved by the people of wano.
1. That doesn't even matter, the very first time she met luffy, she literally says: my name is Yamato, im kaido's son. Yamato can be whoever she dreams of being, she can be, act and think she is Oden if she wants, the point i was making was that nowhere did she ever say she wants to be shogun and stay in Wano (a point that i made to a another user whom you have joined the conversation in on). Just because Yamato says she is oden, doesn't mean she is or wants to stay in Wano, or fulfilling the role of shogun, and even oden who was gonna be the next shogun didn't even want to stay in Wano. The point I was trying to convey to people is that using 'Yamato will not join the straw hat crew because she wants to be oden, therefore she must stay in wano as next shogun because that was what oden was supposed to do", is not a valid argument. Saying that Yamato will not join the crew because she has taken the new identity of Oden and therefore must stay in Wano as shogun is bogus, because Oden himself never stayed in wano and became shogun in the first place. You don't become oden by doing the exact opposites of the person you are trying to copy in order to become him, you become oden by leaving wano on a pirate ship. So the whole "yamato will not join the crew because she is trying to become oden and therefore must stay on Wano", is totally incorrect and just plain wrong. It's either: " she wants to stay in wano because she wants to become shogun" OR "she wants to leave Wano because she wants to become Oden", it can't be BOTH. Yamato already gave her answer that she wants to leave wano, been trying for years, what that means is that she is gonna "leave wano as oden", and not stay in Wano as "shogun". Because Oden never became shogun, and Yamato is following Oden's script to the tee. AKA she's joining the crew, she ain't staying on wano to fufil a postion she never wanted or cared about. I don't care if Yamato wants to be oden, i care about people using the shogun excuse as their argument for why Yamato will not join the crew.

2. She asked ace to take her with him, she asked luffy to take her with him, she never asked either of them to help her turn into Oden kozuki, because in her mind she already was. What else is there to say?

3. Yeah and so? she asked Luffy's permission to leave on his ship as oden kozuki, she never asked luffy to proclaim her as Oden kozuki so she can become shogun of wano.

4. the first part is wrong, Oden by default could not go anywhere he wanted, Wano is a closed country, Oden didn't leave of his own choosing with no obstacles or opposition, he snuck aboard whitebeard's ship when he saw the chance.

5. That still doesn't solve her wish of exploring the world and going out to sea, the reason she wanted ace to take her with him in the first place. So Yamato becomes shogun and gains her freedom, then what? read newspapers about the outside world, buy postcards? Or is she gonna become shogun, gain her freedom, so she's free to then join the straw hats and leave wano to fulfil her wish? She ain't staying in wano, she never said she wanted to stay in wano, she ain't gonna to achieve anything by staying in wano. Wano's seat of ruler are to be restored to their original and rightful heirs, and that means oden's son, not oden's impersonator or body double. Yamato becoming shogun is just what kaido wants, its not what Yamato herself wants and it ain't gonna happen. The kozuki clan doesn't want it, Kinemon doesn't want it, the minks don't want it, the wano citizens don't want it. There isn't gonna be another Orochi, Wano's seat is going back to the Kozuki bloodline and that's that. Most importantly oden doesn't want it. How can Yamato become oden by doing what oden doesn't want to do, AKA staying in Wano as Shogun?

Yamato cannot simply become the Shogun, even temporarily. Not because she will be hated for being related to Kaido, but because she's an outsider. Wano may be opening its borders, but that doesn't mean they're ready to let some rando who's not even from Wano become Shogun. Yeah, she may help take down Kaido, but that could not possibly be enough to earn her the position over the scabbards, Oden's children, and anyone else trusted in Wano. Even if she wanted to be Shogun, which she clearly stated she doesn't, Wano is not going to put an outsider on the throne.

1. That doesn't even matter, the very first time she met luffy, she literally says: my name is Yamato, im kaido's son. Yamato can be whoever she dreams of being, she can be, act and think she is Oden if she wants, the point i was making was that nowhere did she ever say she wants to be shogun and stay in Wano (a point that i made to a another user whom you have joined the conversation in on). Just because Yamato says she is oden, doesn't mean she is or wants to stay in Wano, or fulfilling the role of shogun, and even oden who was gonna be the next shogun didn't even want to stay in Wano. The point I was trying to convey to people is that using 'Yamato will not join the straw hat crew because she wants to be oden, therefore she must stay in wano as next shogun because that was what oden was supposed to do", is not a valid argument. Saying that Yamato will not join the crew because she has taken the new identity of Oden and therefore must stay in Wano as shogun is bogus, because Oden himself never stayed in wano and became shogun in the first place. You don't become oden by doing the exact opposites of the person you are trying to copy in order to become him, you become oden by leaving wano on a pirate ship. So the whole "yamato will not join the crew because she is trying to become oden and therefore must stay on Wano", is totally incorrect and just plain wrong. It's either: " she wants to stay in wano because she wants to become shogun" OR "she wants to leave Wano because she wants to become Oden", it can't be BOTH. Yamato already gave her answer that she wants to leave wano, been trying for years, what that means is that she is gonna "leave wano as oden", and not stay in Wano as "shogun". Because Oden never became shogun, and Yamato is following Oden's script to the tee. AKA she's joining the crew, she ain't staying on wano to fufil a postion she never wanted or cared about. I don't care if Yamato wants to be oden, i care about people using the shogun excuse as their argument for why Yamato will not join the crew.

2. She asked ace to take her with him, she asked luffy to take her with him, she never asked either of them to help her turn into Oden kozuki, because in her mind she already was. What else is there to say?

3. Yeah and so? she asked Luffy's permission to leave on his ship as oden kozuki, she never asked luffy to proclaim her as Oden kozuki so she can become shogun of wano.

4. the first part is wrong, Oden by default could not go anywhere he wanted, Wano is a closed country, Oden didn't leave of his own choosing with no obstacles or opposition, he snuck aboard whitebeard's ship when he saw the chance.

5. That still doesn't solve her wish of exploring the world and going out to sea, the reason she wanted ace to take her with him in the first place. So Yamato becomes shogun and gains her freedom, then what? read newspapers about the outside world, buy postcards? Or is she gonna become shogun, gain her freedom, so she's free to then join the straw hats and leave wano to fulfil her wish? She ain't staying in wano, she never said she wanted to stay in wano, she ain't gonna to achieve anything by staying in wano. Wano's seat of ruler are to be restored to their original and rightful heirs, and that means oden's son, not oden's impersonator or body double. Yamato becoming shogun is just what kaido wants, its not what Yamato herself wants and it ain't gonna happen. The kozuki clan doesn't want it, Kinemon doesn't want it, the minks don't want it, the wano citizens don't want it. There isn't gonna be another Orochi, Wano's seat is going back to the Kozuki bloodline and that's that. Most importantly oden doesn't want it. How can Yamato become oden by doing what oden doesn't want to do, AKA staying in Wano as Shogun?
1. Wait a moment. I never wrote that she should be the shogun as Kozuki Oden. Others have said that. At first Yamato didn't know that you have to be loved by the people of wano to be him, she only knew that through luffy. With her as Kozuki Oden, I never meant that she should be the shogun. I meant doing activities in wano to be loved by the people of wano, making a name in wano. You misunderstood me there.
You look at Oden like he was before but it's about how he was now. Yamato has to stay in wano to become Kozuki Oden because he is someone loved by the people of wano. If she left wano she would not be oden at all because she is not loved by the people of wano. Luffy even made it clear to her that she couldn't be oden because he was someone loved by the people. She already wanted to leave Wano as Kozuki Oden because at that point she still thought she was him until Luffy told her that she couldn't be oden because he was someone loved by the people of Wano. She thought she would follow his script because she already thought she was oden without knowing that she had to be loved by people in wano to become him.

2. The point is she thought she was already oden until luffy made it clear to her that she wasn't him because he is someone loved by people of wano. She got angry and then thought that luffy might be more oden than she has been since he was free. She even said that if she is not free she cannot be oden. So she admits that she is not yet oden because she is neither free nor loved by the people.

3. I never said that she should be the shogun as oden. She asked about his permission to be on his ship as Kozuki Oden but Luffy said that she can't be oden because she has to be loved by the people in Wano. Then she admitted that she is not yet oden.

4. It is true. Oden said in chapter 964 that he tried to leave wano several times but it didn't work because he had no experience with navigation.

5. The question is, is she really interested in exploring the world and going out to sea as Yamato or just because she still thought she was Kozuki Oden and didn't know yet that she had to be loved by people in wano to be him? As I wrote above, I don't think that Yamato wants to be shogun. When you consider that she didn't even know that oden was someone loved by people in wano, I wonder what she doesn't know about him yet. Maybe she doesn't even know that he wanted to be the shogun. I am not surprised that she said nowhere that she does not want to stay in wano since she thought all the time that she was already oden until luffy explains that she is not at all. She now has the opportunity to be kozuki oden, now that she knows that she must be loved by the people of wano to become him. As kozuki oden she wants to leave Wano to go out to sea and she can only become him if she stays in wano for now.

I stop from here. We can both talk about this for hours and nothing would change.

Last edited:
1. Wait a moment. I never wrote that she should be the shogun as Kozuki Oden. Others have said that. At first Yamato didn't know that you have to be loved by the people of wano to be him, she only knew that through luffy. With her as Kozuki Oden, I never meant that she should be the shogun. I meant doing activities in wano to be loved by the people of wano, making a name in wano. You misunderstood me there.
You look at Oden like he was before but it's about how he was now. Yamato has to stay in wano to become Kozuki Oden because he is someone loved by the people of wano. If she left wano she would not be oden at all because she is not loved by the people of wano. Luffy even made it clear to her that she couldn't be oden because he was someone loved by the people. She already wanted to leave Wano as Kozuki Oden because at that point she still thought she was him until Luffy told her that she couldn't be oden because he was someone loved by the people of Wano. She thought she would follow his script because she already thought she was oden without knowing that she had to be loved by people in wano to become him.

2. The point is she thought she was already oden until luffy made it clear to her that she wasn't him because he is someone loved by people of wano. She got angry and then thought that luffy might be more oden than she has been since he was free. She even said that if she is not free she cannot be oden. So she admits that she is not yet oden because she is neither free nor loved by the people.

3. I never said that she should be the shogun as oden. She asked about his permission to be on his ship as Kozuki Oden but Luffy said that she can't be oden because she has to be loved by the people in Wano. Then she admitted that she is not yet oden.

4. It is true. Oden said in chapter 964 that he tried to leave wano several times but it didn't work because he had no experience with navigation.

5. The question is, is she really interested in exploring the world and going out to sea as Yamato or just because she still thought she was Kozuki Oden and didn't know yet that she had to be loved by people in wano to be him? As I wrote above, I don't think that Yamato wants to be shogun. When you consider that she didn't even know that oden was someone loved by people in wano, I wonder what she doesn't know about him yet. Maybe she doesn't even know that he wanted to be the shogun. I am not surprised that she said nowhere that she does not want to stay in wano since she thought all the time that she was already oden until luffy explains that she is not at all. She now has the opportunity to be kozuki oden, now that she knows that she must be loved by the people of wano to become him. As kozuki oden she wants to leave Wano to go out to sea and she can only become him if she stays in wano for now.

I stop from here. We can both talk about this for hours and nothing would change.
1. yeah I get that. But like I said before, luffy’s words don’t matter here. Luffy himself never saw oden in person, because he was already dead. He only heard his tales from kinemon. He dosen’t know what he looks like. Luffy was asking why kaido’s daughter, someone who is locked up, and is a girl, would be Oden, would be calling herself oden. If oden is such a great person and loved by everyone why is he being locked up?

Also saying that Yamato must stay on wano in order for her to be loved as Oden doesn’t make much sense either.

2. Nowhere does Yamato ever say she wants to stay in Wano as Oden or shogun to help restore the country. Nowhere does she say she wants to stay in wano as shogun to restore the country. Nowhere does she say she wants to help and restore the country? Where exactly does she say that?

3. so she becomes what she is supposed to be, a true man, a man called oden by the end of the arc, liberating the country, fufiling oden’s last wish, the wano people recognize her as the new oden. She then leaves wano on luffy’s ship as oden. Oden (aka yamato) joins the straw hat crew. Happy?

4. well problem solved when oden (aka yamato), joins and leaves with the straw hats, because they have a ship (Sunny) and an experienced navigator (nami), problem solved.

5. Yeah exactly, oden wanted to go out to sea and he did. Once Yamato becomes oden she can go out to sea on luffy’s ship, join his crew. Oden did with whitebeard, now its Oden (aka yamato’s turn). She tried to do it with ace, but didn’t succeed, second time’s the charm right?

Yamato Oden leaves wano on luffy's ship, loved by the people because he liberated wano, leaving wano for a second time. First time was with whitebeard, second time now with luffy. Is that okay now?

Yamato Oden leaves wano on luffy's ship, loved by the people because he liberated wano, leaving wano for a second time. First time was with whitebeard, second time now with luffy. Is that okay now?
How do you imagine that? She is the daughter of kaido. Yamato must first earn the trust of the people and then work on being loved by them. Yamato must first earn the trust of the people of wano before she is loved by them and she achieves this if she helps the alliance to defeat her father. There is a lot to do in Wano after the fight against Kaido. It offers Yamato the opportunity to be loved by the people of wano.

Last edited:
How do you imagine that? She is the daughter of kaido. Yamato must first earn the trust of the people and then work on being loved by them. Yamato must first earn the trust of the people of wano before she is loved by them and she achieves this if she helps the alliance to defeat her father. There is a lot to do in Wano after the fight against Kaido. It offers Yamato the opportunity to be loved by the people of wano.
According to who? On what basis? I honestly don't see it that way.

She accomplishes all of these goals just by helping luffy take down kaido, nothing more is needed. Even oden himself didn't do much for wano's citizens. When oden was in his younger days, he caused just as much trouble as the help he gave to wano and his people. The real test for oden, by his own words was saving wano from kaido and opening its borders, both of which he failed at, Yamato just needs to do accomplish these two things to fufil his shoes and be oden, nothing more is needed. Even after all of this, Oden himself still rejected to become the shogun, gave the seat to orochi. So if oden didn't do it, doesn't want to do, why does yamato have to do it? Is Yamato trying to become the shogun here or oden? Which is it?

All of this is just you sounding wanting yamato to become shogun so she can stay on wano, or just stay on wano and never leave for that matter of fact, why are you so hellbent on it? oden sure wasn't and that's the person yamato is trying to be isn't it? Doesn't it makes more sense that yamato wanted to be oden because of his character and what he did, and not what he was supposed to be according to other people?

She probably said 'well oden was loved by the people isn't he?' because she being kaido's daughter was a huge burden to her, physically abused by her own father and living in the country whose citizens would call you the daughter of a tyrannical murderer and monster. Growing up in the environment of his alcoholic unstable father kaido and the crazed and barbaric beast pirates crew, Oden was the shining beacon of human decency and a insight of what a life with pride and without guilt looks like.

1. She wants luffy to help her and help luffy vice versa take out his papa

2. she wants be like oden because she is a big fan, he's her role model. But she never says that she wants to be oden to a tee or otherwise. She introduces herself to luffy as "kaido's son" and gives the name "Yamato", she knows who she is. inspired by a man and wanting to walk down his same path doesn't mean turning into him and taking over that person's identity and replacing him in his place in the world. They're two different things. The closest thing that yamato does is using oden's identity to live out her life like oden would, carry out his desire and will, it makes her feel more important, worthwhile and self fulfilling.

3. You're placing your whole argument on Yamato having a role to fufil, based on a premise that goes against the nature of said person she's trying to take herself on and to fill the shoes for. Yamato can declare she is oden all she likes, but she asked luffy to let her on his ship (the same thing he did with ace and the same what oden did), he didn't ask luffy to force kaido into changing yamato's birth certificate into being oden. She never asked luffy to help her become oden. Yamato can still join the crew and leave Wano as "oden".

She said that she wants to be oden, but she also said she wants to go out to sea and refuses to become shogun. So why does Yamato still need to stay in Wano and can't join the straw hats? You want yamato to do something because she needs to be oden, that oden himself didn't do and didn't want to do to be himself. At the same time you're saying that she must stay on wano and do all these things 'just because' without taking up his reputation and leadership? Help taking down kaido and liberating wano is enough, why is she binded and must do all these other unnecessary things with no payoff? She wants to go out to sea, she doesn't need to stay in wano and toil away for repentance or become their leader and take responsibility. Luffy's words to yamato was just him repeating what he said to momo of what the leader of wano is supposed to be, those words are for momonosuke, not for yamato.

Yamato will be the last one to join the main crew. I don't think more will join and this is coming from someone who believed for a long while that we would get four new nakamas in the new world. (you know the pattern) The only thing I'm really wondering is what her role will be on the crew unlike carrot if she would join. I could see Carrot's role being a lookout, but don't really know what role Yamato would have but she just recently got introduced so we will probably have a better guess later, the only thing I can think of right now is like a combatant but not sure that's good enough lol.

Carrot for me is just too shallow of character and she is pretty much like chopper which even Luffy commented on. She has has basically no interactions with Luffy aside from "nearly killing" him as a gag and him being suprised she sneaked on board.
She has inherited Pedro's will and wants to see the outside world and go on a adevnture and Pedro said she would one day understand of helping the strawhats someday. Sure, she could do these things by joining the main crew, but I don't see that happening. Instead I think she will do what Pedro did and re-create the Nox pirates and join the fleet, that way she will be able to do go on an adventure and explore while still helping the SHs on their journey. I know the carrot fangirls won't like it but whatever. There are fan favorite like Bartolomeo that joined the fleet, so I don't see why she won't besides she has had more panel time then the entire fleet combined, even if you would add someone like Hancock so her fans don't really have anything to complain about. What I will say is in her favor is that you have to wonder why Oda has had her tag along for so long (over 100 chapters) if he didn't have any big plans for her, since she is the only mink that has gotten this kind of attention, but that doesn't necessarily mean she will join the main crew.
Joiningt he fleet isn't a bad thing, I mean Come on they are gonna be a big part of a massive incident and make their mark on history.
I think it's more to create a relationship/interaction with the SHs to later make her part of the fleet and by her sailing with them for a while she would gain the motivation/dream to set sail and explore the world herself.
Seriously, Yamato has accomplished more in 2,5 chapters then carrot has in over 100.:milaugh:

Last edited:
Yamato will be the last one to join the main crew. I don't think more will join and this is coming from someone who believed for a long while that we would get four new nakamas in the new world. (you know the pattern) The only thing I'm really wondering is what her role will be on the crew unlike carrot if she would join. I could see Carrot's role being a lookout, but don't really know what role Yamato would have but she just recently got introduced so we will probably have a better guess later, the only thing I can think of right now is like a combatant but not sure that's good enough lol.

Carrot for me is just too shallow of character and she is pretty much like chopper which even Luffy commented on. She has has basically no interactions with Luffy aside from "nearly killing" him as a gag and him being suprised she sneaked on board.
She has inherited Pedro's will and wants to see the outside world and go on a adevnture and Pedro said she would one day understand of helping the strawhats someday. Sure, she could do these things by joining the main crew, but I don't see that happening. Instead I think she will do what Pedro did and re-create the Nox pirates and join the fleet, that way she will be able to do go on an adventure and explore while still helping the SHs on their journey. I know the carrot fangirls won't like it but whatever. There are fan favorite carrot like Bartolomeo that joined the fleet, so I don't see why she won't besides she has had more panel time then the entire fleet combined, even if you would add someone like Hancock so her fans don't really have anything to complain about. What I will say is in her favor is that you have to wonder why Oda has had her tag along for so long (over 100 chapters) if he didn't have any big plans for her, since she is the only mink that has gotten this kind of attention, but that doesn't necessarily mean she will join the main crew.
Joiningt he fleet isn't a bad thing, I mean Come on they are gonna be a big part of a massive incident and make their mark on history.
I think it's more to create a relationship/interaction with the SHs to later make her part of the fleet and by her sailing with them for a while she would gain the motivation/dream to set sail and explore the world herself.
Seriously, Yamato has accomplished more in 2,5 chapters then carrot has in over 100.:milaugh:
Well said. Carrot's time is through.

She may just go back to Zou with her fellow Minks when the war is over. Don't see her going on another adventure after experiencing two near death situations, both involving Big Mom or her crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.