Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn’t know what ussop was going to be before he joined. Hell I don’t think luffy from his perspective he didn’t know what chopper was going to be. We did know as audience though as well Nami. Some fans believe jinbei role would been something else before helmsman. But at last we did see what he did in impel down and whole cake island. I think a lot fans thought jinbei would luffy’s strategist/advisor. I guess those are his secondary roles.
usopp could have had multiple roles but the fact that yamato fans cant think of single one or hand wave it as not important shows something. also why does matter luffy's perspective the audience already knew chopper was a doctor also namis firs tappearance had her predicting the weather,

My point is that Jinbe has already shown us his role without us knowing beforehand whether it will really be his role. But we could guess that Chopper will be the doctor.

Usopp also showed his role as a sniper in chapter 27. Of course, we didn't know his role until later when he was on the ship, but my point is that he already showed us his role without us knowing that he would really be the sniper.
Not sniper per say sharp a shooter like his dad. In His own way doing it. Dude, I just said, that the audience knew chopper role including nami luffy didn’t however. He had inform about it. Luffy only recruit him because he can shape shift different transform. Sanji thought it was back up food. As for jinbei as said before, some fans thought he would do something else one person point out even in the flashback it didn’t show him being helmsman more like fighter and the vice captain of the crew of his crew.

What funny is that Carrot real Introduction (oda was lowkey with her on purpose in Zou to make her being aboard the sunny a twist) is much closer to what a straw hat Introduction is like . Didn't need to pull connections or reveal all her background. We saw the energetic part of her personality (her being excited while everyone is low energy after Luffy jumping and that she a curious/enthusiast person . (And we saw her scouting the area in Zou beforehand for a possible lookout role)
she feels much more like proper straw hat than Yamao who always felt forced to me.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I thoguht people like JDB, ravager, LombotomizedRobot and others would have jumped but it looks like no one has a refutation
We just don’t care, man...why do we need to keep arguing against the same bullshit? Y’all really think Oda is terrified to switch up his writing style after telling the same formulaic story for 23 years, how the hell are we supposed to break through a delusion like that?

What funny is that Carrot real Introduction (oda was lowkey with her on purpose in Zou to make her being aboard the sunny a twist) is much closer to what a straw hat Introduction is like . Didn't need to pull connections or reveal all her background. We saw the energetic part of her personality (her being excited while everyone is low energy after Luffy jumping and that she a curious/enthusiast person . (And we saw her scouting the area in Zou beforehand for a possible lookout role)
she feels much more like proper straw hat than Yamao who always felt forced to me.
Carrot introduction she didn’t say anything Wanda did most talking and interaction. While carrot said absolutely nothing beside biting luffy’s ear.

Her introduction felt like a sidekick to Wanda, and her being on Sunny felt like a decision based on a whim, simply because the fans and the editors liked her. Otherwise I agree with that pic lol

TTLN! Tama the last nakama!

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Carrot introduction she didn’t say anything Wanda did most talking and interaction. While carrot said absolutely nothinf beside biting luffy’s ear.
Has she had ANY other interactions with Luffy? The big brains in this thread want people to believe that Yamato won’t join the crew because she hasn’t talked to Luffy enough, but in a dozen chapters, they’ve had more conversations (one) than I’ve ever seen between the straw hat and Carrot, someone who traveled with him across three different locations now.

Her introduction feels like a sidekick to Wanda, and her being on Sunny felt like a decision based on a whim, simply because the fans and the editors liked her. Otherwise I agree with that pic lol

TTLN! Tama the last nakama!
Wouldn't bet on Carrot joining but Chopper first introduction was that of Kureha sidekick tho. It's only a few chapters later that he got a proper intro/reveal

Has she had ANY other interactions with Luffy? The big brains in this thread want people to believe that Yamato won’t join the crew because she hasn’t talked to Luffy enough, but in a dozen chapters, they’ve had more conversations (one) than I’ve ever seen between the straw hat and Carrot, someone who traveled with him across three different locations now.
The only thing think of biting and snuggling from carrot like bunny.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The only thing think of biting and snuggling from carrot like bunny.
None of which is substantial enough to best Yamato’s initial chat with Luffy where she mentioned having a connection to his brother, a reason to rebel against her father alongside the main character, and a desire to jump on his ship. In several panels, she already spoke with Luffy more than the mink EVER has. Other people defending a demonstrably worthless character like Carrot is getting pathetic, man...

Status
Not open for further replies.