Nintendo

What’s your favourite Nintendo franchise?

• Total voters
Right?! I've had a lsevere ove hate relationship with that game for YEARS but its a beautifully poetic, tragic, haunting game, that gets better the more you analyse and underestanding it too. Its very metaphorical/symbolic/philosophical and such.

I'm so glad Shigeru and whoever else was so experimental with it and really challenging the foundations and norms, taking such huge risks and such.

I actually ended up replaying MM a lot, trying different ideas, trying to save/help everyone, trying all kinds of possiiblities and such. It was insanely replayable, like an "early roguelike" sort of game! Although I'm not sure how old the roguelike genre actually is but i know it goes very far back, depending on what you consider of it too?

MM was brutal, incredibly sad and dark. A truly profound game.

Did you hear about the Oden style removed/censored scene from it!? I think it's in the N64 version only, maybe only some regions of it too as in ports/versions of it from certain regions, but there's a monkey you have to save right from the Deku Scrubs? And its about to get boiled alive? Depending on which version of the game it is, you get to see it being boiled! In a fucking kids game! It gets dunked in and pulled back out and it's just silent IIRC? Like it's presumably dead ofc? Hang on, let me find the scene....

These might be the only people in Majora's Mask that I outright refuse to save and hate and wish they could exclusively be hit by the moon and thus nobody else too! No wonder I hated the Deku Scum I mean Scrubs so much!
You always have well thought out replies! Meanwhile I am like yeah! I always loved the concept of MM. I remember how much the moon face freaked me out as a kid. MM has a lot of depth and mythos. It’s definitely one of my favorites.

G

Gorosei Informer

You always have well thought out replies! Meanwhile I am like yeah! I always loved the concept of MM. I remember how much the moon face freaked me out as a kid. MM has a lot of depth and mythos. It’s definitely one of my favorites.
Thank you very much haha! I'm glad you appreciate them so much!

Right?! The moon terrified the fuck out of me as a kid, still creeps me out to this day lol. I loved using all the different masks, the time manipulation, the Goron rolling, Zoro swimming and even going into the moon though!

The tone of MM is so beautifully sombre too, its the Shakesperean tragedy of Zelda games definitely. The most bleak one by far. Zelda lore is extremely dark and sad when you dive deep enough into it but this it at it's most merciless so far.

Thank you very much haha! I'm glad you appreciate them so much!

Right?! The moon terrified the fuck out of me as a kid, still creeps me out to this day lol. I loved using all the different masks, the time manipulation, the Goron rolling, Zoro swimming and even going into the moon though!

The tone of MM is so beautifully sombre too, its the Shakesperean tragedy of Zelda games definitely. The most bleak one by far. Zelda lore is extremely dark and sad when you dive deep enough into it but this it at it's most merciless so far.
Skull Kid was an interesting antagonist because he embodied the trickster. He was a fool who got power beyond his control and couldn’t handle it. This is a very simple explanation. I also remember how MM was such a different mood than Ocarina.

Mario RPG remake got me hyped! And the new 2D Mario game looks pretty fun!

Really shocked to see the Arkham trilogy come to switch, but a pleasant surprise.

Still gotta say I’m disappointed we’re just getting dlc for scarlet rather than a third game. I miss the emeralds, and platinums of the gens.