Nintendo

What’s your favourite Nintendo franchise?

• Total voters
G

Gorosei Informer

It's been a long time since we had a new 3D or 2D Mario game, the last time we had a new 3D Mario game was back in 2017 which was Super Mario Odyssey.
Yeah that is really odd, you would think Nintendo would get out a new game to coincide with the release of the new Mario movie?

I actually watched the movie recently and really enjoyed it too surprisingly! It wasn't amazing or mindblowing but it had its moments, especially with the brilliant use of references and classic music, plus the sheer creativity of the environments in the "game world" or w/e!

I can;t believe Odyssey is 6 years old already, thats wild! We desperately, definitely need a major new Mario game, maybe a 2D and a 3D one even?

Its been WAY too long since a new Mario Kart too!

Yeah that is really odd, you would think Nintendo would get out a new game to coincide with the release of the new Mario movie?

I actually watched the movie recently and really enjoyed it too surprisingly! It wasn't amazing or mindblowing but it had its moments, especially with the brilliant use of references and classic music, plus the sheer creativity of the environments in the "game world" or w/e!

I can;t believe Odyssey is 6 years old already, thats wild! We desperately, definitely need a major new Mario game, maybe a 2D and a 3D one even?

Its been WAY too long since a new Mario Kart too!
We won’t get a new Mario Kart
Nintendo is realising a DLC with 48 new courses
Nintendo already released half of them

they could bless us with a new Mario game during this winter or next spring
We will probably get a Nintendo Direct in June
So my fingers are crossed
🤞

G

Gorosei Informer

🤞
48 new courses?! HOLY SHIT! Thats is a hell of a lot more than I would expect! I would have expected only a 1/3 of that at most lol. That is amazing! I need to get Mario Kart then too! Some of the courses for 8 are absolutely fantastic, including the Zelda one ofc!

Yeah I'll be extremely surprised if Ninty doesn't announce a new Mario game this year at least. Extremely lol.

🤞
I’m still waiting for a new Mario and Luigi series game. Superstar Saga was one of my favorite games on my GBA and the fact that it’s been 5 years since Bowsers inside story is disappointing.

G

Gorosei Informer

Unfortunately AlphaDream which made the Mario & Luigi series has gone bankrupt in 2019.
Its not enough for Sadist D Oda to crush character's dreams in OP and our own headcanons/dreams but also these guys too?! Damnit Oda you're going too far!

Seriously though, thats a real fucking shame. The Mario and Luigi games were really fun, unique and funny. Purely charming. I only played maybe the 1st two but enjoyed them a lot.
Post automatically merged:

I’m still waiting for a new Mario and Luigi series game. Superstar Saga was one of my favorite games on my GBA and the fact that it’s been 5 years since Bowsers inside story is disappointing.
5 years? It came out in 2009? Unless it was re-released/remastered or something?

:choppawhat:

G

Gorosei Informer

@Shimotsuki Ghostly I haven’t seen you in a while! How have you been? Reading your posts reminded me that there are so many video games that I need to play or continue playing lol!
I'm doing good thank you! It's great to see you, how are you doing too? I was away from here for a few weeks on a break. Was undecided on whether I should return but as per usual, like a tsundere boomerang, I returned lmao.

Ah nice! I could recommend SO MANY great games if you're interested but if you dont have a PC or especially Steam, it would narrow down the list a lot too to be fair lol.

I'm doing good thank you! It's great to see you, how are you doing too? I was away from here for a few weeks on a break. Was undecided on whether I should return but as per usual, like a tsundere boomerang, I returned lmao.

Ah nice! I could recommend SO MANY great games if you're interested but if you dont have a PC or especially Steam, it would narrow down the list a lot too to be fair lol.
I am glad you are doing well! I am doing alright! I have some big changes on the horizon so getting ready for that!

I mainly play my Switch, but I also play Xbox. I really like puzzle games, so any puzzle recommendations are welcomed. Also for Splatoon, do I have to play with other people, or can I play by myself?

G

Gorosei Informer

I am glad you are doing well! I am doing alright! I have some big changes on the horizon so getting ready for that!

I mainly play my Switch, but I also play Xbox. I really like puzzle games, so any puzzle recommendations are welcomed. Also for Splatoon, do I have to play with other people, or can I play by myself?
Ah very nice! Glad to hear man, that sounds very promising! Thank you too!

Ahh, hmm, interesting. Have you got the Xbox Pass? You can get some sweet puzzle games that way at least?

I'm not a fan of puzzle games usually tbh, I am too dumb, lazy and impatient for them BUT I do tend to appreciate their mechanics and how the puzzle comes together and unravels too. I find the mechanics of them fun and fascinating. They can be so immensely creative and unique.

I'm not sure if these are available for you but they are fantastic games and are puzzle ones too:

These two are supposed to be fantastic, I've not played them yet but I have them installed:

I'm gonna be playing this one soon too:

This is far from the full list too but if you want some others, I STRONGLY recommend the Portal games and The Turing Test. Q.U.B.E and Quantum Conundrum seem great too. Magnetic: Case Closed seems good too.

There's some great unique games like Flipping Death and Stick It to the Man, not played them either but gonna soon too. I strongly recommend one called Ghost Trick too, which is getting a remaster releasing in June on Steam and Switch at least!

Chime is a beautiful music themed puzzle game too, with some Tetris influences but a very unique way of playing too. It has some great songs in it, well 1 or 2 at least lol.

Carto is very unique and fun, quite simple in some ways but lovely. There's a similar new game called Harmony's Odyssey which you may enjoy too.

Gorogoa and Gunpoint are very unique, fun and challenging, especially Gunpoint, very cerebral if you can find them. Same with Nobodies but its easier than those games too.

Monument Valley is very nice, relaxing and heartfelt.

Problem is most of the ones I know are probably on Steam only too. Like a lot of the ones I mentioned I bet too. I can mention SO MANY more too but you got tons there already ofc lol.

The Sexy Brutale is another one I really recommend if you can get it too. Major Zelda :Majora's Mask vibes lol. But as a murder mystery and trying to save other's lives too. Its a lot like Ghost Trick mixed with Majora's Mask.

Ah very nice! Glad to hear man, that sounds very promising! Thank you too!

Ahh, hmm, interesting. Have you got the Xbox Pass? You can get some sweet puzzle games that way at least?

I'm not a fan of puzzle games usually tbh, I am too dumb, lazy and impatient for them BUT I do tend to appreciate their mechanics and how the puzzle comes together and unravels too. I find the mechanics of them fun and fascinating. They can be so immensely creative and unique.

I'm not sure if these are available for you but they are fantastic games and are puzzle ones too:

These two are supposed to be fantastic, I've not played them yet but I have them installed:

I'm gonna be playing this one soon too:

This is far from the full list too but if you want some others, I STRONGLY recommend the Portal games and The Turing Test. Q.U.B.E and Quantum Conundrum seem great too. Magnetic: Case Closed seems good too.

There's some great unique games like Flipping Death and Stick It to the Man, not played them either but gonna soon too. I strongly recommend one called Ghost Trick too, which is getting a remaster releasing in June on Steam and Switch at least!

Chime is a beautiful music themed puzzle game too, with some Tetris influences but a very unique way of playing too. It has some great songs in it, well 1 or 2 at least lol.

Carto is very unique and fun, quite simple in some ways but lovely. There's a similar new game called Harmony's Odyssey which you may enjoy too.

Gorogoa and Gunpoint are very unique, fun and challenging, especially Gunpoint, very cerebral if you can find them. Same with Nobodies but its easier than those games too.

Monument Valley is very nice, relaxing and heartfelt.

Problem is most of the ones I know are probably on Steam only too. Like a lot of the ones I mentioned I bet too. I can mention SO MANY more too but you got tons there already ofc lol.

The Sexy Brutale is another one I really recommend if you can get it too. Major Zelda :Majora's Mask vibes lol. But as a murder mystery and trying to save other's lives too. Its a lot like Ghost Trick mixed with Majora's Mask.
I do have a Game Pass! I have heard great things about Monument Valley and Chime has piqued my interest too! Thank you for the recommendations!

G

Gorosei Informer

I do have a Game Pass! I have heard great things about Monument Valley and Chime has piqued my interest too! Thank you for the recommendations!
You're very welcome! That's awesome, I'm glad to hear that too! I hope you enjoy any of the games I recommended if you're able to play them, including those 2 ofc!

This is my favourite song from Chime too, it brings me SO MUCH peace when I hear too:

You build up the song as you play, with bigger block chains playing more of the song or so, its such a brilliant feature! It's like playing Tetris from a Bird's-Eye view and intertwined with music generation, such genius!

On Steam, it has the amazing inclusion of the iconic Still Alive song from Portal too!:

You're very welcome! That's awesome, I'm glad to hear that too! I hope you enjoy any of the games I recommended if you're able to play them, including those 2 ofc!

This is my favourite song from Chime too, it brings me SO MUCH peace when I hear too:

You build up the song as you play, with bigger block chains playing more of the song or so, its such a brilliant feature! It's like playing Tetris from a Bird's-Eye view and intertwined with music generation, such genius!

On Steam, it has the amazing inclusion of the iconic Still Alive song from Portal too!:

That song is very peaceful! Tetris is the goat of puzzle games!

G

Gorosei Informer

That song is very peaceful! Tetris is the goat of puzzle games!
Aye definitely! If you prefer simpler puzzle games, more focused on gameplay or anything, let me know too. I can recommend more but honestly there's hundreds on Steam too!

Glad you like the song too!

:cheers::kata::funky::myman:

Unfortunately AlphaDream which made the Mario & Luigi series has gone bankrupt in 2019.
Hopefully someone else can one day revive the Mario & Luigi series.

The Mario RPG games really went downhill, the Paper Mario series is just not the same as it once was and the Mario & Luigi series went downhill ever since Dream Team.

G

Gorosei Informer

Simpler also great for some downtime! You mentioned Majora’s Mask. That’s a great game and the story was wicked unique!
Right?! I've had a lsevere ove hate relationship with that game for YEARS but its a beautifully poetic, tragic, haunting game, that gets better the more you analyse and underestanding it too. Its very metaphorical/symbolic/philosophical and such.

I'm so glad Shigeru and whoever else was so experimental with it and really challenging the foundations and norms, taking such huge risks and such.

I actually ended up replaying MM a lot, trying different ideas, trying to save/help everyone, trying all kinds of possiiblities and such. It was insanely replayable, like an "early roguelike" sort of game! Although I'm not sure how old the roguelike genre actually is but i know it goes very far back, depending on what you consider of it too?

MM was brutal, incredibly sad and dark. A truly profound game.

Did you hear about the Oden style removed/censored scene from it!? I think it's in the N64 version only, maybe only some regions of it too as in ports/versions of it from certain regions, but there's a monkey you have to save right from the Deku Scrubs? And its about to get boiled alive? Depending on which version of the game it is, you get to see it being boiled! In a fucking kids game! It gets dunked in and pulled back out and it's just silent IIRC? Like it's presumably dead ofc? Hang on, let me find the scene....

These might be the only people in Majora's Mask that I outright refuse to save and hate and wish they could exclusively be hit by the moon and thus nobody else too! No wonder I hated the Deku Scum I mean Scrubs so much!