Speculations No BBP makes sense as Sanji’s fight

Lafitte with fight Sanji. He has parallel with Sanji.
1. Infiltration expert.
2. Chief of Staff, the same position as in Sanji's VC.
3. Lafitte opening the Gates of Justice while Sanji closed them
4. Hypnosis vs Sanji's reverse hypnosis on Viola
5. Flight.
6. Both Lafitte and Sanji occasionally use pistol.
7. Okama
8. Angel vs Devil
9. Threatened to kill new recruits. Lafitte threatened to kill Pizarro and Sanji told Jinbe to die

Lafitte also has parallels to Shiryu.
1. Both former law enforcers.
2. Both fired for their cruelty.
3. Both introduced separately from the other BB pirates.
4. Post TS , they were introduced together speaking about Burgess failure just like King and Queen were introduced together speaking about Jack failure
Laffite is the most obvious matchup for Sanji. Just think you haven't thought it through properly.

Not only is Laffite one of the most prominent members of the BB Pirates, he is also the Staff Officer and the only BB Pirate that had an official rank pre-ts and according to his vivre card he still holds that position in BB's Grand Fleet. So in terms of prominence & rank he's more than a worthy opponent for Sanji. Moreover the "Pizzaro" bloke who is usually touted as an opponent for Sanji was completely shot down and put in his place by Laffite when he suggested taking the seat of Captain from BB. He also told Burgess off when he referred to BB with his actual name and not his title "Admiral". So he gives off the feel of being an enforcer of sorts in the BB Pirates, which makes sense given his rank.

That out the way Laffite & Sanji share a lot of similarities
Like Laffite, Oda stated that Sanji is hypothetical "Staff Officer" of the SH Pirates
Like Laffite, Sanji is the most elusive/mysterious member of the SH Pirates (Hell Sanji didn't have a proper bounty pic till the timeskip)
Like Laffite, Sanji is the only other person to have opened the Gates of Justice
Like Laffite, Sanji is not only very intelligent but also a stealth/speedy type fighter (we got a glimpse of Laffite's speed during the whole BB Pirates v Ace debacle on Banaro Island pre-ts)
Like Laffite, Sanji is also a flyer and these two characters possess contrasting themes (Angel v Demon)

You prolly already get the gist of it with this, so will cut it short here.

Now y'all are making me trying to push the Sanji vs Lafitte hype even more.:kobeha:

Well, jumping ship from Krieg to Blackbeard would already kinda undermine that so-called loyalty argument, wouldn't it?
And in the grand scheme of things, Gin also isn't that much of a big deal in Sanji's life, so I don't see any emotional weight that "nothing could compare with".
You’re assuming Gin being a BBP would mean he chose to leave Krieg’s crew willingly but why it would have to mean that ? Krieg could be dead or he may have rejected Gin, which he already did when he ultimately refused to kill Sanji so there’s no saying he changed his mind after that. We have no idea how things unfolded between them so there’s actually a lot of potential for a backstory giving depth to Gin’s character and justifying him joining BB.

The history and connection Sanji has with Gin is much stronger than any connection he could have with any of the BBPs, whom Sanji knows nothing about. They’re just total strangers to him. In that sense, none of the potential fights he could get against one of them, or the similarities he could share with them, would compare with the emotional weight a Sanji vs Gin rematch would bring. Not Laffitte being a cunning and stealthy speedster who can fly, not Vasco Shot being a martial artist or a cook and not even Pizarro being a royalty from North Blue. All those connections would be meaningless compared to Sanji’s history with Gin, regardless of whether it’s a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

If Lafitte = Chief of Staff is correct, then I guess it has to be him…
Other options: Pizarro, Vasco Shot.

Luffy vs. BB
Zoro vs. Shiryu
Nami vs. Vasco Shot?
Usopp vs. Van Augur
Sanji vs. Lafitte
Chopper vs. Doc Q.
Robin vs. Catarina Devon
Franky vs. Burgess
Brook vs. Pizarro
Jinbei vs. Sanjuan Wolf
Yamato vs. Tenth Captain?

I fail to see how Doc Q is "obviously" Chopper's opponent. Him being a doctor isn't a sufficient evidence to conclude he's guaranteed to fight Chopper.

I like that funny running joke but Gin being the 10th TT would be actually epic if we think about it. But I don't trust that Oda will come up with this great idea.
Eh, I dont feel the same way. It would be a "omg, whaaat!?!?" Reveal, but the narrative would be shit. I know Gin mentioned seeing Sanji and Luffy "In the New World", but him being a prime final antagonist against the man who showed him (and his entire crew) empathy doesn't track. I could see Gin being on the Red Haired Pirates crew, and having a friendly spar/Davey Back Match against Sanji, but not as an actual "beat me or die, Sanji" type enemy.

Luffy vs Blackbeard
Zoro vs Shiryu
Nami vs Lafitte
Usopp vs Van Augur
Sanji vs Burgess
Chopper vs Doc Q
Robin vs Devon
Franky vs Pizarro
Brook vs Vasco Shot
Jinbe vs San Juan Wolf
Yamato vs 10th Captain
Thats what i think for BB match ups. I always thought like this. Lets see at the end how much of this is gonna be true.

Just because nami and laffite share the same job doesn't mean that they have to fight against each other
If the reasoning for the match-ups are occupations, sure. I don't think it's a coincidence that Titans 2 through 4 are a sniper, a navigator, the number two, and a former North Blue King, and then Doc Q is included with Titans 5 through 9. I do think Nami and Lafitte have more in common than many think.

If the reasoning for the match-ups are occupations, sure. I don't think it's a coincidence that Titans 2 through 4 are a sniper, a navigator, the number two, and a former North Blue King, and then Doc Q is included with Titans 5 through 9. I do think Nami and Lafitte have more in common than many think.
Yeah because 2 - 5 will fight the EB Straw hats, but Nami will likely fight Pizarro.

If you agree with my theory, why does Sanji get the navigator over Nami and Nami gets a former North Blue royalty over Sanji?
Because Nami and Pizarros fight makes more sense than Nami vs Lafitte.

Lafitte is too prominent of a character for Nami. She and Lafitte share no similarities other than being navigator, but even that wasn’t Lafittes primary role is as a leader of the crew. He wasnt even introduced on the ship. He was introduced as the member who takes the missions separate from the rest of the crew. Much more akin to Sanjis roles than Namis.
Post automatically merged:

He needs to go somewhere into the plot, no where else to go but the BB Pirates. Not to mention, BB can probably lie to him to get him on his side. Weevil seems like an idiot and Bakkin will do whatever gets her the most money

Because Nami and Pizarros fight makes more sense than Nami vs Lafitte.

Lafitte is too prominent of a character for Nami. She and Lafitte share no similarities other than being navigator, but even that wasn’t Lafittes primary role is as a leader of the crew. He wasnt even introduced on the ship. He was introduced as the member who takes the missions separate from the rest of the crew. Much more akin to Sanjis roles than Namis.
Nami is one of the most prominent members of the crew, moreso than Sanji. The only thing Oda can do to make Pizarro prominent is have him be the second strongest (behind Shiryu), which requires Sanji to fight him.
Post automatically merged:

Taking on secret missions doesn't take away from the fact he is officially a navigator. While being a sneak does tie into Sanji, it definitely ties into Nami as well.