Character Discussion Oda could have made Kidd..

Oda is a legit Luffy fan and he can’t have any of Luffy rivals outshine him. Look at how strong he made Law in PH and early DR, made the guy so popular he was a few votes from overtaking Luffy in the popularity poll. I bet he learned to never have anyone outshine Luffy in an arc again.

shit writing imo, he should talk to Kishi and Togashi when it comes to writing rivals

Oda wants Kidd to be more DF focused based fighter probably.
He could have meant that. "Yes Haki is above all but still there can be other means to win" but at the same time if you look who got knocked out and who was still awake during their defeat "Kaido and Big Mom" we can safely assume that Haki and Raw Power can overcome "Luffy Zoro" and other means are still viable "Ussop Nami" or maybe both "Kid Law Sanji".

I feel like Oda doesn't want Luffy to have any real rivals that Luffy can fight with everything but Blackbeard. taking kid out of udon was basically for luffy to learn ryuo by himself. ok, after all, luffy is the protagonist, but the way oda did it was very strange. if kid would run away from udon, why not make him run away instead of being caught and used as an incentive for luffy to learn ACOA? does not make sense. with law is like that. in dressrosa we learn that law learn sword techniques and martial arts in the training of the donquixote family, so why not add this to the character's fighting style instead of making him focus exclusively on the akuma no mi. in haki it's the same thing. both law and kid have knowledge and know how to use haki, why not make them use it in a fight. the fight against big mom was the perfect opportunity to develop their haki, with kid learning ACOA and ACOC and law too, after all law is a character that makes sense to have the conqueror's haki

Oda could have done Kid and Law actually beat Big Mom. Not showing BM as a winner beating down the 2 of them and for no reason they getting back up like nothing happened.

The Ryou Udon part wouldn't of made sense

Kid isn't that kind of character

He should've unlocked ACoC but I'm assuming Oda didn't want Kid to outshine Law so he's saving it for later
This is it. I keep saying it. The only reason Oda for some reason made conquerers haki play no role in a Kidd vs BM climactic battle is because Law was there. If Kidd and Big Mom started clashing with their CoC it’d make Law look like a side character and Oda didn’t want to do that :kayneshrug:

It sucks, just hope going forward Kidd doesn’t have to share shine with Law next time he gets focus.