Character Discussion Oda could have made Kidd..

He should've unlocked ACoC but I'm assuming Oda didn't want Kid to outshine Law so he's saving it for later
Law usually outshines Kid anyway. And that’s with Oda trying to give Kid more shine. It’s Oda’s fault for designing Law so smart and with the best abilities. Law would wipe the floor with Luffy if given the same haki treatment.

Post automatically merged:

Oda is a legit Luffy fan and he can’t have any of Luffy rivals outshine him. Look at how strong he made Law in PH and early DR, made the guy so popular he was a few votes from overtaking Luffy in the popularity poll. I bet he learned to never have anyone outshine Luffy in an arc again.
This is true.

Last edited:
With Kidd's df oda could have made him as strong as Luffy if not stronger this arc. Kidd could be extremely broken and top tier if oda wasn't limiting his df and he wouldn't really need stronger haki as his df would be so strong. But oda chose to make Kidd apart of luffy's cheer squad. Dude literally gave up his grudge against kaido and completely put his faith in Luffy not himself this arc. This arc killed the Luffy/Kidd rivalry for no real reason.

He could have easily made Kidd stay in Udon and train with Luffy in Ryou haki and eventually use AdCoC against Big Mom (split the sky with her) along with his DF awakening which he could have done crazy things with

Why would Oda limit his characters like this?
Can't give a side character the same pu's as the protagonist in the same arc.Kidd will show up with advanced COC eventually.Zoro unlocked it the first day he found out he had COC.I wish Law had COC,but that might have made him to broken for the verse,his df breaks all the rules.

Oda doesn't know how to do training. He just gives his characters random BS power ups out of nowhere.

It's completely fine for Kid and Law to focus on awakening instead of haki, but why couldn't Oda just show them training for it instead of just revealing that they had it all along? Oda could have even revealed how awakening works beforehand, so the audience might have even been able to anticipate Luffy's awakening.

This is why I say Kubo is better at writing a battle manga, at least for the first few major arcs of bleach. Just look at how Kubo handled Bankai vs Oda's handling of awakening. Its pathetic on Loda's part.

Haki as a system also seems kinda nonsense. Like what about haki makes it to where Luffy has all of the advanced haki powers and people like Kid or Law have none?

It seems as if Luffy just unlocks these haki abilities magically whereas other people are just clueless about haki. But this makes no sense if haki is supposedly the strongest power in one piece.

If Roger had no DF and was pirate king, wouldn't the power of haki be widely known? Wouldn't every strong pirate be a haki master? Why isn't this the case? Why is it just Luffy?

Its almost as if haki as a power system only exists so that Luffy and Zoro can reach their goals(which is exactly what it is). Loda doesn't need to actually justify Luffy's power increases, he just magically gives him a new haki power every time he gets his ass beat.
Post automatically merged:

I think it would be completely fine for Luffy to have all of the advanced haki powers, whereas other characters had none, if there was actually an explanation.

But instead the explanation is that Luffy is just super duper special.