Chapter Discussion Oda does not care about the Strawhat crew

Luffy 20 chapters ago :

What "we" buddy? Your bum ass crew ain't doing shit, buster call getting defeated? All side characters doing.

I can't believe it, this author brought 9 VAs and the arc might end in a way that straw hats won't defeat a single one cause he rather uses them as hype tools for other characters.
I mean, at this point I don't care that much as I gave up on the crew years ago but it's really ridiculous when you think about.
Introducing the Giants to fight the Buster Call instead of using the SH, at least let them fight together. Brogy one shooting an VA, who cares ? Give that moment to a Straw Hat.

Alright, what interesting things did the Straw Hats not named Luffy/Sanji/Zoro/Franky do this arc?
Your Thread is about "Since Time-Skip", not Current Arc that only just hit 50 Chapters
Half of this Arc wasn't even about Straw Hats, and even in remaining Half, it was mostly about Vegapunk's Team
Your problem is with like 15 Chapters where Half-Crew didn't have cool Scenes? In a Manga that is Over 1100 Chapters?
Apparently giving Secondary Characters some more Focus is considered Bad here

Your Thread is about "Since Time-Skip", not Current Arc that only just hit 50 Chapters
Half of this Arc wasn't even about Straw Hats, and even in remaining Half, it was mostly about Vegapunk's Team
Your problem is with like 15 Chapters where Half-Crew didn't have cool Scenes? In a Manga that is Over 1100 Chapters?
straw hats are the secondary characters lmao, they haven't been the main focus of an arc since we entered the new world, with sanji being the sole exception lmao.

The problem is that there are too many secondary characters. Look at the Vice Admirals just in the latest chapter, Oda used like half of the chapter on them only for one of them to be one shot by a secondary character.

Nami, Usopp, Chopper and Brook didn't get real fights in the final arc of the Yonko saga, an arc that lasted more than 4 years. Wano suffers the most of the introduction of characters that didn't need to exist.
Every Strawhat isn’t going to get a big fight in every arc

Looking back at it, how often has that truly happened? You can count it on a single hand even if you include pre timeskip

Certain characters will be left with different tasks depending on the arc, it is what it is

Also Usopp and Nami did get real fights they just didn’t win in a satisfying manner

Chopper also went head up against Queen for a while then went on to do Doctor things

Brook played support while Robin took on Black Maria, nothing wrong with that

Which was like 100 chapters and almost 3 years ago. Even then like half the crew got the shaft
One Piece’s pacing has always been like this, it isn’t a new issue

The entire crew bar Luffy was sidelined for what most people consider the greatest arc stretch in One Piece

In Skypiea (another arc a lot of people like) half the crew didn’t get full fights, nothing new

I’ll acknowledge that Usopp and Nami got shafted in Wano that’s pretty much undeniable but the rest of the crew did pretty good

The Straw Hats are just flanderized cheerleaders compared to their old selves and even Zoro and Sanji's only big fight in years was in Wano, since before that Oda kept Zoroscia absent from the manga for over 2 years since Dressrosa ended while Sanjino didn't get a single full fight in Whole Cake to himself despite being an arc centered around him and his awful power rangers family who he didn't even get to fight and he gets set up with an awful romance plot line to boot. :goatasure:

We hardly see even team-up fights like we did during Thriller Bark and Skypiea.
Nami, Usopp, Chopper and Brook didn't get real fights in the final arc of the Yonko saga, an arc that lasted more than 4 years. Wano suffers the most of the introduction of characters that didn't need to exist.
Almost every friggin chapter was some new samurai deadbeats getting introduced who ultimately didn't matter and did little to advance the plot. Even now I still can't bring myself to give a poop about Orochi's Onibananawashu and their baldhead leader's dead sister fucking around with Bighead the Ninja.

Even Dressrosa's character bloat felt somewhat justified by the end when many of them became part of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet, but considering they haven't done jackshit since then, even in moments that would've made sense, like fighting outside of Wano to keep out more of Kaido and Big Mom's allies, even they're starting to feel pointless. They wouldn't have needed more than one chapter a few panels to themselves.

It just convinces me that Oda's editors were a lot more stricter before the timeskip, and reading some of their feedback now suggest they're mostly fanboys these days.
:kidwat:
@Kizaruber Eats also gave a pretty great rant of their own in regards to Oda's treatment of the Straw Hats sans Luffy which I think deserves to be shared here.

Amen man.

Elbaf sized rant incoming:
Monster Point become a fucking joke. One of the most tragic, brutal parts of One Piece. Chopper becoming what he was afraid of becoming, like Franky and Sanji losing their humanity too. Robin having to become a demon too as the WG kept insisting she was, despite being just a child and doing nothing wrong, just existing.

If people think my opinions/takes are bad now, wait until I go full gloves off, start firing on all cylinders and really share what I think of the story and Oda.

But they'll ignore all of that and just call me a hater, say "just drop the series then hurr durr, stop reading", "why are you reading if you hate it so much", but they forget, I've invested 20 years of my life following this shit, even though its changed for the far worse, become something its truly not and never should have been, like MANY things and people do in life sooner or later, I still hold onto those memories of the series I once truly loved, that inspired me, enthralled me and I just want to see this journey to the end, regardless of how long it takes and how much I hate it, I refuse to give up on it just like I gave up on so many things in my life and regret it so much now too.

Fuck man, their echochamber mentality, their outright pedstalising of Oda, the deification of him unironically, the cult behaviour is why the series is going downhill so much too. Once someone rules at the top for too much, they get complacent, overconfident, lazy, whatever. Entitled.
We need criticism, we need challenge, we need to be surprised. We can't grow and be better if we don't let ourselves be out of our comfort zones.

Is Oda really proud of One Piece as it is? Is this really the same Oda who was writing and drawing this series pre TS? I don't think so. The series really jumped the shark for me at Sabaody, Marineford, the timeskip and especially after it and despite some major highs with some storylines post TS, some side storylines, the post TS is such a completely overbloated, messy, inconsistent, trolltastic, senstionalist, overconvoluted, pretentious, overcompensating, self indulgent shitfest, that I genuinely sad for what OP has become.
I used to be upset other series ended far too soon, got axed or w/e but honestly its a blessing for them in hindsight ironically. As the cliche saying goes, as cheesy as it is, "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

The open minded, tolerant, loving fanbase have told me and other outspoken critics of OP to go "unalive ourselves" for criticising the series before. In fact ironically, when I was new to OP, I praised SOME of the 4Kids voice actors on Youtube and got spammed with death threats and people wishing me to get cancer and off myself lmfao. What a fanbase. That was almost 20 years ago now. 2006/2007ish I think.

I loved OP for the adventure feeling, the spontaneity without it being forced/exaggerated, the chemistry of the SHs, their personalities, dreams, ambitions and it felt like Oda was REALLY into developing their dreams over the timeskip for the most part but then its all for naught, just a fucking big joke on us post TS.

Oda unironically said he made Chopper a mascot now as you said, made him cuter because its more appealing and sells more merch. He has no fucking shame or soul left anymore. Well he does have some soul left somehow but hes sold a lot of it at this point, most of it.

The SHs are flanderised, shallow cariactures of what they once were. I could type a whole giant essay on Usopp or Sanji alone or even Chopper too but this post is already long enough as it is and I'll risk reaching salt levels comparable to our most extreme users here too.

The reason I do so much of this AI writing shit is to try and desperately compensate for what Oda doesn't do for us, doesn't care to do for us, will never care to do for us and also what he's completely, utterfly fucked up and doesn't care how we feel about it.

Oda said himself, he doesnt fucking care how we think or feel before the final saga started, hes writing whatever he wants and for his own entertainment. How fucking narcissistic. He wouldnt be where is now without all the support hes been given, especially the people who actually buy the merch, manga volumes, physical anime shit and w/e.

Oda will never give us what we want to see, but he'll bait the fuck out of us, he'll mislead us, give us silhouettes, 2000 reaction faces, anything he wants plot wise, regardless of powerscaling, logic, plot induced stupidity or w/e and we're expected to "SMILE" and not say anything bad, much like the victims of the SMILE fruits or our lovely "NIKA" who apparently just wants to have fun only and laugh, much like Smile victims lmao.

The Smile fruits should have been Kaidos attempt at replicating Joyboys fruit, the Nika Zoan at least but you know, its not like King told Kaido about Joyboy decades ago or anything too....oh wait.....ZOINKS! Its not like Queen worked with VEGAPUNK, Judge and Caesar, they knew how to clone PEOPLE and devil fruits, Caesar made an artifical zoan and an AQUATIC ZOAN AT THAT but again somehow Oda never actually had Kaido making the SMILE fruits be actually related to Nika as it should have been.

One last thing is people who claim to be the biggest fans of the series DONT UNDERSTAND, is for someone to HATE something so much, its probably either out of jealousy ofc OR they love it so much, that they hate what its become, they've noticed the flaws, the cracks, the anomalies, the discrepancies and they refuse to stick their heads in the ground or cover their ears and shout LALALALA pretending there's nothing wrong.

I've admitted I'm more fond of some of the things I did hate post TS now BUT theres still a ton of plenty unforgivable, irreedeemable mistakes/choices by Oda post TS and I'm tired of him getting a free pass on them by most of the fanbase.

I really miss One Piece when it focused on the Strawhats and actual adventure, when it was about exploring this strange, gigantic, crazy, creative, wonderful, unique world with extremely memorable characters, shocking and emotional moments and it didn't worship itself so much and be worshipped by others so much constantly too.

All this heavy handed political focus, the exaggeration of the brutality/edgier/darker/emotional as well as "goofier/gag" sides of the series and the move from focusing on the SHs to pointless, arc exclusive side characters has done immeasurable, irrepairable damage to the series.

I've said before, I felt the SHs actually died at Sabaody and Oda did say they were eradicated then or w/e too. Aside from Sabaody incident, the death of Ace and Odas handling of Sanji over the TS and just after it, as well as his completely awful handling of Nami in SOME ways post TS (Tit Surgery) are some of the most egegriously jumping the shark moments ive ever seen in a series by far. Once again, One Piece excels and stands above others in a whole other league of its own, in the ironically worst ways possible here too.

Sorry I just had to get this off my chest. Anyway I'm gonna keep ranting and going on tangents if I don't stop so I will now lmao. You get the idea ofc.

God help us all if I decide to go in on Usopp too, it will be a bloodbath I promise lmao. I will struggle not to awaken my salt salt fruit if I do. Or use it awakening rather, as I awakened it a long time ago now actually.

The problem is Oda has constantly been shoving in a bunch of extra characters that most of the strawhats can't get any shine

There was absolutely no reason for their to be 9 scabbards other than

Nine Red Scabbards sounds bad ass said outloud

Did we really need 6 vegapunks? I think 2 or 3 would of sufficed

Every Strawhat isn’t going to get a big fight in every arc

Looking back at it, how often has that truly happened? You can count it on a single hand even if you include pre timeskip

Certain characters will be left with different tasks depending on the arc, it is what it is

Also Usopp and Nami did get real fights they just didn’t win in a satisfying manner

Chopper also went head up against Queen for a while then went on to do Doctor things

Brook played support while Robin took on Black Maria, nothing wrong with that
You can solve all of this with Yamato not existing, not giving Raizo a fight that lasted 100 chapters, and only have 4 scabbards like you intended too instead of 9, and does anyone remember the characters called Numbers ?

Kurozumi Wiwi, post: 5196270, member: 7757"]Luffy 20 chapters ago :

What "we" buddy? Your bum ass crew ain't doing shit, buster call getting defeated? All side characters doing.

I can't believe it, this author brought 9 VAs and the arc might end in a way that straw hats won't defeat a single one cause he rather uses them as hype tools for other characters.
I mean, at this point I don't care that much as I gave up on the crew years ago but it's really ridiculous when you think about.

Which was like 100 chapters and almost 3 years ago. Even then like half the crew got the shaft
" Well kizaru did comment about frankys grow when he pierced saturne with radical beam and impressed that sanji blocked a laser.

"E="Kurozumi Wiwi, post: 5196270, member: 7757"]Luffy 20 chapters ago :

" Well kizaru did comment about frankys grow when he pierced saturne with radical beam and impressed that sanji blocked a laser.[/QUOTE]
Since smoker vice admirals don't have a good reputation :risitavirus:

The problem is Oda has constantly been shoving in a bunch of extra characters that most of the strawhats can't get any shine

There was absolutely no reason for their to be 9 scabbards other than

Nine Red Scabbards sounds bad ass said outloud

Did we really need 6 vegapunks? I think 2 or 3 would of sufficed
Pythagoras and Edison have been particularly useless, and Pythagoras was killed without any real impact or emotion. Even York's betrayal feels hollow since most of it was resolved OFFSCREEN.

Pythagoras and Edison have been particularly useless, and Pythagoras was killed without any real impact or emotion. Even York's betrayal feels hollow since most of it was resolved OFFSCREEN.
That York thing is what keeps this arc from reaching a 9/10 the murder mystery aspect is why I enjoyed the arc in the first place I wish the whole arc was the strawhats trying to figure out who murdered Shaka tbh