General & Others Oda Doesn't Have a Power Scaling

Then there's Coby who's only a Captain like Tashigi. As stated before Maynard is a VA and if he a normal marines, then he same rank of Coby.
Those two are rookies, Of course their Rank will be low, they haven't paid their dues yet.

Not to mention that Tashigi's Clinging to Smoker probably hurt her promotion chances. Commodores and Rear Admirals said to lead their own squad in G5

Well seeing quite the number of people with different opinions of how the scaling works, proving the point lol.

Once again, Oda doesn't have a real power scaling. Feats alone are irrelevant as characters are as strong as the plot needs them to be and the weakest characters can run over the strongest ones.

Because of the vagueness and inconsistencies, people fill in the gaps with their own interpretations and assumptions and try to kill each other for not agreeing with their subjective takes lol
So why didn't Chopper beat Queen?

The power creep factor was always a part of one piece, but the luck factor is a little more relevant and we see it in every chapter, just how Queen and Pero would kill chopper-the entire floor-Nami-Tama etc, if Sanji wasnt released on time from bms spider weeb. This shit is pure luck-plot.
Just how luffy is saved by laws crew, who should be part of the war rn, Law had contact with them and they knew what it happening rn, but they just stayed in water-right where Luffy is supposed to fall :kayneshrug:
In fact there are so many luck factors its crazy, I cant fking write all that shit, just look in basically any chapter from one piece.:luuh:It is what it is I guess, Oda wasnt bullshiting when he said that this manga is for little kids(young boys as his primary target). We just gotta enjoy the story and the fights how they are, no need to think much about it, it is rly not worth it, Oda himself does not put more brain in basic power levels, he does put in worth drawing moves tho and cool stuff.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
It wouldn't wonder me if characters start showing continent+ or multi continent lv feats in EOS.
That's what mostly happens in battle shounen with a solid worldbuilding.
It won't bother me either since escalation is to be expected. Thing about OP fights is that they don't matter. Any hype or build up Oda gives him characters is nothing but a tool for shock and story telling like hyping Kaido's durability for the shock of the Scabbards stabbing him for the first time.

There’s nothing to “get” context is just another word for headcanon to you guys. Finish school before acting like you know better
Lol, Roo, my master's program will not be required for reading comics. Don't be triggered.

Headcanon would relate to arguing my ideas over yours, where we both have opinions on the fan level. I have my own ideas, like on Haki, but you don't know them because they aren't being presented as relevant. I'm saying that understanding of the work is based on the author. If you're 1000 chapters into something you don't get, stop blaming someone else.

Did the Fandom actually believe that Oven is above Doflamingo back then? I wasn't active
There was this really iconic thread once upon a time. I don't know when and from whom, but basically everyone on this forum still remembers it.
And mate, don't make me start. I'm not posting much, but I'm very, very long in this game. I don't when you came into it, but here are some few others:
The main problem within the powerscaling of them community is, that pretty much everything always at first gets treated as a pure reference to the character's physical strength. Like all sorts of abilities and stuff that act independently of physical strength, cause people have no patience/are dumb as fuck, I dunno.

You'd lose your faith, if you'd see the Sabo scales from back then. Some people legit thought that Sabo could physically brawl it out with Boundman no problem (primarily coming from scaling Dragon breath). Turns out it was most likely advCoA lvl2, that just wasn't introduced yet.

A big chunk of Zoro fans still believes that everything he does reflects his physical strength, even though his major power up during the timeskip was mastering advCoA lvl1, namely putting haki onto your sword to make it more durable and/or infusing haki blasts into attacks.
Back then: Zoro, who's barely able to move under gravity -> pushing Fujitora back with an airslash = Zoro "G5 lvl of physical strength" in his pinky finger alone. Then gets blocked by one handed Fujitora, Kamazou and Apo's Tonfas???
Turns out haki blasts became a thing and a guy like Kawamatsu even builds his whole fighting style onto that specific application of haki flow.
Standardized top tier stats: EVERY character, really everyone, that is/was liked by the commnuity casually had G3 level of strength. No joke, everyone. Akainu and Aokiji's farts were Boundman level. People expected them to deal with that via base strength alone. And those Blackbeard "neck chop"- scalings- Ridiculous. You legit would get a stroke reading those now.
Turns out there is stuff like haki barriers, advCoC and all that fancy stuff, which scales very high and with which characters actually can bridge insane base stat differences. Who could have seen this coming...

People complaining about powerscales shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, for real.

It wouldn't wonder me if characters start showing continent+ or multi continent lv feats in EOS.
That's what mostly happens in battle shounen with a solid worldbuilding.
Just to make an example...to me, Kaido being a villain that is taken out before the endgame phase/final sections of the story even begin as well as his rumor like characteristic of his supposed top 1 status (and other things as well) were never good signs. I think that the possibility that there currently are, say, 6/7 characters stronger than him is very real.

Zoro blocking Hakai (for a moment) is a crazy feat and I agree but to me him doing this NOW is a testament of whatever impressive shit a stronger version of Zoro might do later.

Last edited:
And can't wait for Burgess to have way more physical strength feats than BM cause of inflation lol

:kaidowhat:
The thing is, let's take Shiryu for example and keep him here for a moment.

Current Zoro has :

• Done all this shit in Wano already

• Will do some more, he might forge a black blade, he should fight King, he might go back to fight Kaido, he might end Kaido's life.

• There is clear foreshadowing for him being that monster samurai which Kaido believes won't appear again.

EoW Zoro will be a monstrosity.

But by the time he will fight Shiryu, I expect Shiryu to give Zoro a very hard time and Zoro will probably need to evolve/grow as well during that fight.

Then, what do we think of Shiryu ?

And if he fights Kizaru in the final war after all this shit while being even stronger? Then, how strong will Kizaru look?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
You said powerscaling doesn't exist. So anybody should be able to beat anybody
Again, what are you trying to prove? I said power scaling doesn't exist in the traditional sense and that everything is vague by design. Characters are as capable as the plot needs to be. Jinbe almost killed BM because of the plot. BM didn't die because of the plot. Everything is dictated by the plot.

Again, what are you trying to prove? I said power scaling doesn't exist in the traditional sense and that everything is vague by design. Characters are as capable as the plot needs to be. Jinbe almost killed BM because of the plot. BM didn't die because of the plot. Everything is dictated by the plot.
Plot you mean her Homies she had since she was introduced. Jinbei pushed BM, noting else

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Plot you mean her Homies she had since she was introduced. Jinbei pushed BM, noting else
Once again, what are you trying to say? Power scaling has nothing on the plot as Oda prioritizes story telling above all. Kidd and Law almost succeeded in beating BM by throwing her into the ocean aka plot. BM was saved because Prometheus got to her in the nick of time aka plot.

So yes, anybody can defeat anybody with the right circumstances aka plot. It seems like you're thinking pure power levels in saying Chopper didn't beat Queen 1v1 or something?

Lol, Roo, my master's program will not be required for reading comics. Don't be triggered.
Sure…

I'm saying that understanding of the work is based on the author. If you're 1000 chapters into something you don't get, stop blaming someone else.
You’re criticizing my comment stating that I do not understand the author yet theres no tangible way of actual measuring if either of us is right or wrong because Oda himself doesn’t give a fuck. Stop acting like you’re smart when you’re not, it shows

The moment Usopp was able to take Arlong's Cracker/Jack/etc. with a common hammer right after leaving his small village, the moment readers should have understood how Oda manages this issue; but obviously they didn't back then nor are doing it now.

Waiting to see how readers make some logic out of Who's Who being able to damage a guy like Jinbe to the point of putting up a fight against him as his versus in this arc: a Jinbe who could block with his bare hands (well, okay, let's assume he was using armament there) a killing punch from a Sakazuki who could melt the World's Strongest Man's head away with it.

There's a vague power scale, such as Admirals being the strongest marines, Emperors plus Mihawk being the strongest pirates, top commanders being stronger than officers...? Yeah, probably. But that's pretty much it, from that basis Oda is very flexible with power performance and his characters will usually subordinate their capabilities to the narrative he wants to play, not the other way around.

no respectable writer should care too much about power level
what matters the most is plot and nothing else

if Oda fuck up power level to create an epic and great moment ... I can't give less of a fuck, neither should you ...
At the end of the day I'd say people who are so obsessed with power levels don't have appreciation for writing, they only see this as a videogame; I can assure you that. So sadly your statement, which I agree with, will be ignored by them.