General & Others Oda has had the Sun God planned out since Pre TS

No shit.
Nobody is contesting the fact that Luffy was planned to become the new Nika/Sun God. What people have an issue with is how the transition happened and the effects this had both on Luffy's personality (no more nuance, just nonstop laughter) and on the story itself (90% of cast now simping for him), when not on the very fight quality (= diminishing to close-to-zero tension).
To put it simple:
Most readers would've swallowed down an even bigger retcon than Gomu Gomu = Nika Nika, had it not turned Luffy retarded.
Part of me hopes that, at least like the anime has portrayed somewhat, that Nika is a far scarier entity and the laughter just masks it. The anime portrays Gear 5 sometimes like this:

And part of me hopes this wasnt just a stylistic choice, but an allusion that the transformation is actually scarier than implied.

If you think about the stuff Gear 5 is trying to emulate, the antics potrayed in some of those cartoons are about bringing out the worst tendencies for laughs.

Anyway, my point is is that Gear 5 might only be Luffy's hybrid transformation, not the full "Nika" one. If thats the case, then its possible Oda is hiding something a little more sinister if Nika fully takes over. Hell, look at the Gorosei in their full zoans and how Oda focuses on their eyes, as if the Zoan has taken over in a way. Sanji even comments on it here:

Anyway, long shot, but I am hoping Luffy's powers get a bit more serious

It was most likely planned since the beginning of the story. Not in all details maybe, but the idea was their for sure.
You can't find any evidence for that. We only heard of Nika by Who's Who and we had the Impel Down arc for that to be explored. And Kaido is literally the only one to claim that rubber isn't suppose to work like that when fighting Snakeman and this is said only chapters before the revelation. Boundman has the same ability that Kaido claimed to be not rubber.

Also if only awakening allowd Nika to be free with his imagination how Luffy DF worked before? Why he only had a rubber body and nothing else?

You can't find any evidence for that.
There is no real proof of that. That's just logical in term of storytelling analysis. To create a shonen character, you need to search for:
- The power of the protagonist
- What will be the high of the power of the protagonist in order to planned the end of your story correctly
- What will be the biggest counter to your protagonist in order to planned the end of your story correctly

If you don't have those three elements, you will most likely go blind and you won't be able to create an organic story. One Piece is a story that is meant to be organic. Its a story were every details are meant to support the narration so its ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE that Oda didn't had at least a vague idea of what the final form of the fruit of Luffy would be.

And Kaido is literally the only one to claim that rubber
Why he only had a rubber body and nothing else?
That's because you accepted too fast things that should not be possible to begin with.

In reality, Luffy uses his abilities a LOT of time in a way they are not supposed to:
- Gear 2
- Gear 4
- The way he recovers
- You could even say taht his fruit has impacted also his environment this whole time (the Klaubertman would be one example of creation our of imagination)

A simple gomu gomu fruit shouldn't be able to do everything that Luffy did in the story. The power of imagination over matter is - in reality - a concept that Oda introduced a lot sooner that people thinks.

It was a retcon with no foreshadowing. He didn't plan it before time skip at all lol
Shitty retcon btw, he took a big shit on his own manga and legacy by doing so
Nop

There is no real proof of that. That's just logical in term of storytelling analysis. To create a shonen character, you need to search for:
- The power of the protagonist
- What will be the high of the power of the protagonist in order to planned the end of your story correctly
- What will be the biggest counter to your protagonist in order to planned the end of your story correctly

If you don't have those three elements, you will most likely go blind and you won't be able to create an organic story. One Piece is a story that is meant to be organic. Its a story were every details are meant to support the narration so its ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE that Oda didn't had at least a vague idea of what the final form of the fruit of Luffy would be.
If you can trace back to justify events that happened then those events weren't pre planned. This is simple.

You can claim he didn't let any clues for us so his revelation makes no fucking sense because the entire story contradicts it therefore it is a retcon.

That's because you accepted too fast things that should not be possible to begin with.

In reality, Luffy uses his abilities a LOT of time in a way they are not supposed to:
- Gear 2
- Gear 4
- The way he recovers
- You could even say taht his fruit has impacted also his environment this whole time (the Klaubertman would be one example of creation our of imagination)

A simple gomu gomu fruit shouldn't be able to do everything that Luffy did in the story. The power of imagination over matter is - in reality - a concept that Oda introduced a lot sooner that people thinks.
And here you are accepting G5 too fast that shouldn't be possible.

G2 and G4 were perfectly explained and his awakening goes against those explanations and it makes no sense at all. And then you removed G3 that would be his most obvious and well explained power up after G5 since we saw that a lot in cartoon (Tom & Jerry for example).

The way he recovers??? How exactly? He takes a lot of time to recover after his most brutal fights (and Zoro follows similar path). Or you talking about his meat? Well G5 doesn't explain that. It makes no sense.

The ship spirt has nothing to do with Nika. I believe Franky knew about it and told Usopp.

Law DF isn't supposed to do a lot of what he does. Kid DF too. Queen, Sasaki are just ridiculous. Kaido coated in magma-like fire makes no fucking sense.

At the end Oda is just making whatever the fuck he wants as he told when making G5 and coming with low effort excuses that makes no sense.

Karakuri DF being logia like makes no sense. Perospero making a functioning arm made of his DF makes no sense. Enel "God form" that Luffy beated makes no sense. And it doesn't make sense for Luffy to be immune to high voltage lightning.

Now, to go against my own words for just a second.

In some digital corner, someone cooked:

Who's Who was focused on competing with Sasaki to find Yamato, and wanting to kill X-Drake for being a traitor. He even says all that in the second panel that you posted, but is weirdly cut off for some reason....

Last edited:
Sun god wasn't just for the show itself, but rather oda using his work for the display of masonic symbology.

The oscars cerimony itself is a sun god worshipping event FULL of masonic and occult symbolism.

If you can trace back to justify events that happened then those events weren't pre planned. This is simple.
That's not how storytelling works lol

You can claim he didn't let any clues for us so his revelation makes no fucking sense because the entire story contradicts it therefore it is a retcon.
I didn't claimed that. He did let clues for us, just not at the very beginning of the story, more like around chapter 300/400 with the arrival of gear 2. You could say that the simple nature of Luffy's fighting style since the beginning of the story is also a clue and a forshadowing in itself tho.

And here you are accepting G5 too fast that shouldn't be possible.
G5 is self explanatory, there nothing more to accept mate. It makes perfect sence.

G2 and G4 were perfectly explained
Indeed, because the story is goofy by essence it made sence, but in reality, those were HUGE forshadowings

G3 that would be his most obvious and well explained power up after G5 since we saw that a lot in cartoon (Tom & Jerry for example).
Oh, you are right, gear 3 is also a forshadowing, I don't know why I forgot it.

Or you talking about his meat? Well G5 doesn't explain that. It makes no sense.
Yes it does. G5 is the power of imagination over matter and body. In other words:
- If Luffy thinks he can stretch, he will stretch. (If Luffy thinks he can't stretch anymore then his arm will be ripped appart)
- If Luffy thinks he can create a baseball hat, he will create a baseball hat
- If Luffy thinks he will reach his limits, he will shrink, get older or flat out like a balloon
- If Luffy thinks he can enhance his body by pumping his blood he will create gear 2
- If Luffy thinks he can make his arm bigger and stronger by blowing into it (even if it doesn't make sence), he will create gear 3
- If Luffy thinks that he can apply haki to his muscles and create stronger attack by blowing into his bones he will creates G4 and make different variants
- If Luffy thinks he can't die, he won't die (and if Luffy thinks he will die then he WILL die)
- If Luffy thinks that he can lose weight he will lose weight just by running
- If Luffy thinks he can recover just with a nap and a chunk meat he will recover just with a nap a a chunck of meat
Etc.

Luffy will only be stopped by his own mind, thoughts and imagination. That's why his fruit will be both his strenght AND his weakness. Because Luffy KNOWS that there is no shortcut toward victory, so he will create his own weaknesses. But he will also create his own strenght like the way he can recover.

Luffy is Luffy. He is serious when he needs to be and goofy the rest of the time. So his fruit will follow the pattern.

The ship spirt has nothing to do with Nika. I believe Franky knew about it and told Usopp.
How can you be sure ? Did you ever see any other Klabautermann ? Not really hm?..
In reality its a myth. And its probably a myth because the first one to create one was most probably Joy Boy.
We saw how the fruit of Luffy warped reality (at least visually) in chapter 1044.. so the creation of the soul of the Merry due to a long exposure to the fruit and the will of Luffy for the ship to be a real crewmate should not be excluded.

Law DF isn't supposed to do a lot of what he does. Kid DF too. Queen, Sasaki are just ridiculous. Kaido coated in magma-like fire makes no fucking sense.
Technically, ALL fruits are the "fruits" of imagination.. so what I said still stands. its not because Nika is Nika that other fruits can be a little bit pushy on the imaginative side as well

At the end Oda is just making whatever the fuck he wants as he told when making G5 and coming with low effort excuses that makes no sense.
And that's just pure ignorance.

G5 is literally the pinncacle of the theme of the entire story. The story IS gear 5 and gear 5 IS the story. The theme of happyness and joy is literally imprinted in EVERY aspect of the story.

Trust me that any one with a bit of writing skill can see how beautiful and well thought of it is for gear 5 to exist in such a context.

Karakuri DF being logia like makes no sense.
He is not a logia.

Perospero making a functioning arm made of his DF makes no sense.
Of course it does.. He can literally control candy... Are you for real ?

Enel "God form" that Luffy beated makes no sense.
Why ? Enel can shape electricity as he wants and he is a logia, of course it makes sence.

It you who doesn't make sence right now lol

And it doesn't make sense for Luffy to be immune to high voltage lightning.
Okay, I don't even now why you can take yourself seriously sometimes ...

Last edited:
Goku had a tail, crilin had no nose and Piccolo was a demon.
Dragonball was a much sillier world where dogs were like people and even the king of the world was one.
I still believe it's a bad example and Goku being a Sayan is a retcon. It took 17 volumes and another entire saga for the retcon to happen, but Goku was no different than Tien having 3 eyes.
On the other point, i agree. NIKA being Gom Gom is silly and retarded. Even if Oda ends up explaining it properly it'd be too late.
Dragon Ball wasn't silly, Dragon Ball Freeza arc >>> any arc in One Piece. it was peak. Also Sayajin arc is best post time skip arc in any shonen. Battle between Goku and Vegeta was really something.

Now speaking about Earth population, Picalo was called as demon only by humans, case his part was god himself. So Picalo also wasn't a human. Now you said that there is nothing special in Goku, but you are wrong. Goku wasn't just an allien, he was stronger then any allien, which made people ask where he come from. And we get explanation, when we learned that Goku is sayajin - strongest warrior race in whole universe.

While yes, Gomu Gomu awakening could looked like Nika, without Nika fruit. This line of chosen one makes zero sence.
Post automatically merged:

Which can be explained easily
go on explain that to me
Post automatically merged:

They wouldn't have been able to get the fruit as the fruit ALWAYS happens to escape them. It seems to be in its nature to be free from their reach.
No that make no sence, since Gorosei learned about Luffy who have that fruit. Unless Nika suppose to look different, this is example of bad writing.

Dragon Ball wasn't silly, Dragon Ball Freeza arc >>> any arc in One Piece. it was peak. Also Sayajin arc is best post time skip arc in any shonen. Battle between Goku and Vegeta was really something.

Now speaking about Earth population, Picalo was called as demon only by humans, case his part was god himself. So Picalo also wasn't a human. Now you said that there is nothing special in Goku, but you are wrong. Goku wasn't just an allien, he was stronger then any allien, which made people ask where he come from. And we get explanation, when we learned that Goku is sayajin - strongest warrior race in whole universe.
I dont believe you have read the original dragonball, as you are only talking about DBZ.

Re-read the first 17 volumes and goku is just "strange". Not even once in the first 17 volumes they have a arc or any doubts about Goku being an alien. Piccolo being a demon is a retcon, clearly. As you see Piccolo spawning literally demons like tamburin that DO NOT LOOK like Namekians.

go on explain that to me
Just did.

No that make no sence, since Gorosei learned about Luffy who have that fruit. Unless Nika suppose to look different, this is example of bad writing.
It literally mentionned by the Gorosai that the fruit seems to be the embodiement of Freedom, always escaping them. So yes, it makes sence. If the fruit is the embodiement of the dream of Freedom, I don't know how the fruit could be trapped and kept away.

The thematic of freedom embodied in the ability of the character themself IS LITERALY what we call amazing milking. It IS good writing. Amazing in fact.

I dont believe you have read the original dragonball, as you are only talking about DBZ.

Re-read the first 17 volumes and goku is just "strange". Not even once in the first 17 volumes they have a arc or any doubts about Goku being an alien. Piccolo being a demon is a retcon, clearly. As you see Piccolo spawning literally demons like tamburin that DO NOT LOOK like Namekians.
Idk I never though about Picallo as a demon. More to that Kirin tower where god live, actually was called like birthplace of god in red army arc. More to that I from the very begining believed that he is from Shenlong race - dragonid race. Even before Picalo arc we saw real Demon-human, that summoned Kame senin sister. Picalo's monsters didn't look like demons at all, but dragon race. Dragon's birth from the eggs, so fo me it was obvious connection between Picalo Daimao and Shenlong. They even have same skin LOL. And yes, I believed that Goku, Picalo, Tenshin han and even Pilaf are not a humans. It was really obsious.