Le Fishe Thread Oda hates the Strawhats

He doesn't like to focus on them anymore
It's sad but true
No. Its wrong.

There are simply no more arc focused completely on them.

The reason why you think that Oda doesn't care about the strawhats is because all the arcs meants to solidify the places of the strawhats in the crew are in past and most are pre timeskip.

But One Piece is not only about the strawhats :

Logue Town and reverse mountain Whiskey peak, Little Garden and Alabasta were not about the strawhats
Skypiea was not about the strawhats
The entire Summit war Saga was not about the strawhats.

In reality, there is no reason to focus specifically on a strawhat right now. Simply because they are not put in condition were they are personnaly challenged.

And yet... it still happens for some of them despite what you can say:

- PH was a good story for the development of Chopper
- Dressrosa was a good story for the development of Usopp
- Wano was a good story for the development of Zoro

And you are forgetting Whole cake. Which is literally an arc focused on all the Strawhats and Sanji.

You can also expect Usopp to get a big development in the near future.

So no. Oda is not hating on the strawhat or forgetting them. He is simply developing them with more subtilities and focusing on other character that are as important for the story in the waiting for the moment when he will developp them a lot more : Which would be at the very end of the story.

We literally had two consecutive arcs where oda tried to shove a condom down our throats. The fucking final villains couldn't do anything to the shp. They weren't allowed to... Fucking saturn, a supposed final villain, got embarrassed by the weak trio...

Yeah oda doesn't focus on the shp other than the M3 and nami much. But that's been the case for the whole post timeskip really. But condom, zolo, lanji and nami are still the most popular, most relevant characters with the most panel time. They are shp still. So the correct way to frame it would be "oda doesn't care about anyone besides the M3 and nami in the shp"

The SHs still get screen time but the audience itself doesn’t give a shit about them except for M3. Like nobody gives a shit if Chopper will do his Chopper things. Big part of the community only cares about the fights anyways, just look at the comments per chapter.

Rej

This forum is retarded.
The SHs still get screen time but the audience itself doesn’t give a shit about them except for M3. Like nobody gives a shit if Chopper will do his Chopper things. Big part of the community only cares about the fights anyways, just look at the comments per chapter.
That's really only a WG/Twitter/KoL thing to do, and in the end together they make maybe like 10% atleast of the vocal and seen community in the english One Piece bubble.

It's a big part, but a part noone cares about nowadays and not the majority.

One Piece has other values than battles, power and agenda. And Oda made it clear quite early in the story.

That's really only a WG/Twitter/KoL thing to do, and in the end together they make maybe like 10% atleast of the vocal and seen community in the english One Piece bubble.

It's a big part, but a part noone cares about nowadays and not the majority.

One Piece has other values than battles, power and agenda. And Oda made it clear quite early in the story.
More like 95+% of the vocal audience will care about a good fight and will chime in during such hype moments, just remember the hype that roofpiece generated. This is a shounen at the end of the day, the battles are a major aspect. The story and mystery is still important of course but you can’t really be in the story’s highlights (unless you have a really emotional moment) without a good fight involved.

Rej

This forum is retarded.
More like 95+% of the vocal audience will care about a good fight and will chime in during such hype moments
90% of the vocal audience will also care about Chopper doing Chopper things. It's just that you don't see them because you are walking this world with a filter. Or the brawler dudes, the little shounen bois are just louder.

That is my point.

Wano was full of Nami or Usopp doing Nami and Usopp things for example.
Chopper had his whole stretch fighting against a virus then helping Zoro. Sanji had a moment with Robin.

I just mean for people to take off their filters once in a while before trying to act all-knowing about the manga and the community.
Post automatically merged:

Not to discredit you, but the hype generated wasn't my point. My point is that there is much more to One Piece that sadly gets filtered by this wannabe internet audience. And that beyond that there is a majority audience that doesn't put that filter on.

90% of the vocal audience will also care about Chopper doing Chopper things. It's just that you don't see them because you are walking this world with a filter. Or the brawler dudes, the little shounen bois are just louder.

That is my point.

Wano was full of Nami or Usopp doing Nami and Usopp things for example.
Chopper had his whole stretch fighting against a virus then helping Zoro. Sanji had a moment with Robin.

I just mean for people to take off their filters once in a while before trying to act all-knowing about the manga and the community.
Post automatically merged:

Not to discredit you, but the hype generated wasn't my point. My point is that there is much more to One Piece that sadly gets filtered by this wannabe internet audience. And that beyond that there is a majority audience that doesn't put that filter on.
Well yeah, what I said was exaggerated. Of course there are still a lot of people who will care or enjoy the other SHs. My point is that the big action will still carry the momentum for interest. Try and get Chopper doing doctor things for 3 chapters straight and watch how dead the forums will be. Even the youtube community will have pretty much nothing to talk about. Big fights from major characters or lore and mystery getting unraveled are the most highly rated chapters.

Rej

This forum is retarded.
Well yeah, what I said was exaggerated. Of course there are still a lot of people who will care or enjoy the other SHs. My point is that the big action will still carry the momentum for interest. Try and get Chopper doing doctor things for 3 chapters straight and watch how dead the forums will be. Even the youtube community will have pretty much nothing to talk about. Big fights from major characters or lore and mystery getting unraveled are the most highly rated chapters.
Yup that sounds better than the stuff you said in your first post to which I replied lmao.

In hindsight, I agree with the statement of saying that the strawhats are fleshed out as characters, so we don't need that many new moments for them overall. Just give them a good mix, mash it together with other chars or parallel battles, it will be enough. And I think that good mix is available.

Maybe people still refuse to see it, but if someone is ever bored out and thinks they have seen it all but can't see more - then I suggest watching like videos from real storylovers like MelonTee or Merphy. Sometimes they string details together and make minor things, that a regular battle shounen doofus would miss, into a big aspect that has values and is of interest.

Many things sadly get drowned in the "unga bunga battle shounen hype" that just comes naturally with these series.
Not saying all shounen are like unga bunga battle hype. There are many many other niches, like normal mystery series or slice of life/romance series that define shounen.

Understood this in dressrosa only when half of the crew split off.
Then wano ,
Half of them were running in background.

Egghead follows the same line of running background and luffy and zoro only getting to fight.

Elbaf will pure nika wank