Current Events Oda likes hyping up people before beating the crap out of them. Green bull is going to get it.

I've talked about this concept before, of the "respectful loser". Oda likes to give people good feats before beating the crap out of them.

Zoro was a "respectful loser" like Marco, Jozu, Vista, etc... in MF. Oda is trying to send them out on a high note, and you guys take that as cues to consider them Top Tier or whatever.
Examples:

- Marco/Jozu blocking Kizaru/Mihawk. Then Marco gets taken out by a pair of handcuffs, and Jozu gets one shot/amputated.

- Zoro blocks Hakai and uses Ashura, before he gets sent downstairs to deal with Commanders, cause his playtime with Yonkos was done.

- With King/Queen he treated them like crap, then right before their defeat he hyped them up, and after treats them like shit once more.

In fact an opponent's hype is highest right before their defeat. This is in some ways to hype up the character defeating them too.

When you look at Greenbull's dialogue "Someone of my rank won't be done in by underlings", Oda is going out of his way to protect the relevancy of the Admirals. We've seen them fight Commanders before, but it has never been outright stated that Admiral > Commander until now.

But we can also see that Greenbull is being arrogant af. Luffy has just defeated the World's Strongest Man, and been declared a Yonko. We know what happens when people underestimate Luffy

Back then the Supernovas were still rough around the edges. But this is THEIR TIME. This is the moment the Supernovas didn't just take out "Mere Warlords" but Yonko.

We're in the midst of Supernova wank, and Greenbull is being all arrogant and underestimating Luffy. We know that's a recipe for disaster. Now more than ever.

Luffy never finished his bout with Fujitora in Dressrosa, but he will do certainly do it here if given the chance.

There ain't no running this time.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Green Bull being defeated in Wano is not happening. This would make all post Kaido and Big Mom bounties completely redundant for one. We would literally need the marines to issue entirely new bounties after we just got brand new ones, lol.

For two, it would take another few dozen chapters to actually beat him, at which point the Straw Hats would need to rest in Wano again before leaving Wano-and the Marines will likely send another combat force for the Straw Hats in that time, effectively repeating this process all over again lol.

It amazes me how little people actually think about the implications of what they are saying before they post nonsense threads. Lol

Oda couldn't even have Ryokugyu fully overshadow Zoro and have him beat flame King, instead having him beat flameless King, there's zero chance Oda will make Luffy look bad here just to make Ryokugyu look good, 50-50 chance that they either don't fight or Ryokugyu gets folded.

Green Bull being defeated in Wano is not happening. This would make all post Kaido and Big Mom bounties completely redundant for one. We would literally need the marines to issue entirely new bounties after we just got brand new ones, lol.

For two, it would take another few dozen chapters to actually beat him, at which point the Straw Hats would need to rest in Wano again before leaving Wano-and the Marines will likely send another combat force for the Straw Hats in that time, effectively repeating this process all over again lol.

It amazes me how little people actually think about the implications of what they are saying before they post nonsense threads. Lol
He took “Ryokugyu is arrogant and will get punished for it eventually (like all antagonists)” and misconstrued it as “Ryokugyu is arrogant and will get punished for it next chapter.”

Plus how is he reading “I won’t lose to mere commanders/subordinates” as implying that he’ll lose to Luffy? By his logic doesn’t that imply that Zoro or Yamato or Sanji will beat him? That is definitely not happening here lol.

Last edited:
How much do you want to bet that they don't even seriously fight? Oda doesn't just have antagonists get defeated out of the blue with no set up. Especially at the end of an arc that had nothing to do with them.

Ryokugyu will challenge Luffy. They'll clash, if Aramaki has CoC, they might even split the sky. Then Ryokugyu will aknowledge Luffy, and return back to Sakazuki with the beast pirates.

Can you just admit you were wrong about the admirals? Lol “mihawk top 2”
I gave Fujitora an "A", King a "B", and Queen a "B-". Unlike some here, I never considered the Commanders anywhere near Admirals.

Enough of this garbage. Doffy solos all Calamities combined. Luffy and Law in Dressrosa were stronger than every single Calamity, and they still needed outside help.

Doflamingo > Katakuri ~ Dressrosa Luffy > Law ~ Kid > Calamities ~ Enma Zoro Raid Suit Sanji

S Kaido

A+ Akainu/Aokiji
A Fujitora/Old Rayleigh/Current Luffy
A- Doflamingo/FS Luffy (no advanced CoA)/Current Sabo

B+ Katakuri/Dressrosa Luffy
B
Enma Zoro, King, Marco, Law, Kid
B- Jozu, Vista, Jack, Queen

You have 1 B level and two B- against 1 A-. Queen and Jack can't even touch Doffy. Given his awakening and flying.
And this was still pre-awakened Supernovas^. That's how far back I wrote this. Obviously Luffy/Law/Kid got stronger than that.

So no I never underestimated the Admirals, but Greenbull is walking into a fucking slaughterhouse here.

How much do you want to bet that they don't even seriously fight? Oda doesn't just have antagonists get defeated out of the blue with no set up. Especially at the end of an arc that had nothing to do with them.

Ryokugyu will challenge Luffy. They'll clash, if Aramaki has CoC, they might even split the sky. Then Ryokugyu will aknowledge Luffy, and return back to Sakazuki with the beast pirates.
And wtf would the point of that be? Circlejerking? Have you ever written even a short story mate? Do you know how narrative works?

After Ryokugyu came to Wano in 1052 i thought there was a chance he was going to be humiliated ; especially after the CP-0 turned out to be underwhelming , which was unexpected to me since this is the first arc where they get feats .

But i was also well aware that there is a very important difference between CP-0 and Ryokugyu - that is the fact that we know Ryokugyu is a top tier beast like his fellow Admirals and Kaido/BM .

Now after 1053 - Ryokugyu got a very strong start , he looks very convincing and an absolute menace . However i think there is still a chance he will be humiliated considering what he could end up confronting ( most of the Alliance members in Flower Capital ) .

So i agree with you he could be humiliated , but i think you only wrote the arguments for it , i think there are arguments against it like :

1. We will enter the Final Saga next chapter ( and Ryokugyu is one of the strongest of the 2 final factions )
2. The fact that Oda has kept this character hidden for 340 chapters ( 713-1052 , the longest out of all 5 Admirals infact )
3. Or the fact that this character is based on an actor whom Oda probably respects ( and the actor is deceased too ) - Yoshio Harada .

Anyway , let's see what will happen with him in the next chapter , i do think there is going to be a fight , however short it may be .
How much do you want to bet that they don't even seriously fight?
It seems an anime guy knew Oda and his staff were planning to have a fight against Ryokugyu , however short the fight may be .

That tweet is from when 1052 spoilers came out ( when Aramaki arrived in Wano ) , and that user said "gave it away before hand" , so it looks to me like the anime guy said that before 1052 spoilers even came out .

So yes , i think there will be a fight , starting next chapter i guess . whether it will be just Luffy vs Ryokugyu or the whole Alliance members in Flower Capital vs Ryokugyu , i don't know , though .

But my feeling seeing that tweet is that , the fight is going to last more than 1 chapter - 2 to 3 chapters , at least .

After Ryokugyu came to Wano in 1052 i thought there was a chance he was going to be humiliated ; especially after the CP-0 turned out to be underwhelming , which was unexpected to me since this is the first arc where they get feats .

But i was also well aware that there is a very important difference between CP-0 and Ryokugyu - that is the fact that we know Ryokugyu is a top tier beast like his fellow Admirals and Kaido/BM .

Now after 1053 - Ryokugyu got a very strong start , he looks very convincing and an absolute menace . However i think there is still a chance he will be humiliated considering what he could end up confronting ( most of the Alliance members in Flower Capital ) .

So i agree with you he could be humiliated , but i think you only wrote the arguments for it , i think there are arguments against it like :

1. We will enter the Final Saga next chapter ( and Ryokugyu is one of the strongest of the 2 final factions )
2. The fact that Oda has kept this character hidden for 340 chapters ( 713-1052 , the longest out of all 5 Admirals infact )
3. Or the fact that this character is based on an actor whom Oda probably respects ( and the actor is deceased too ) - Yoshio Harada .

Anyway , let's see what will happen with him in the next chapter , i do think there is going to be a fight , however short it may be .

It seems an anime guy knew Oda and his staff were planning to have a fight against Ryokugyu , however short the fight may be .

That tweet is from when 1052 spoilers came out ( when Aramaki arrived in Wano ) , and that user said "gave it away before hand" , so it looks to me like the anime guy said that before 1052 spoilers even came out .

So yes , i think there will be a fight , starting next chapter i guess . whether it will be just Luffy vs Ryokugyu or the whole Alliance members in Flower Capital vs Ryokugyu , i don't know , though .

But my feeling seeing that tweet is that , the fight is going to last more than 1 chapter - 2 to 3 chapters , at least .
Wasn’t it confirmed that the anime thing was mistranslated?

Oda doesn't know to accurately give a power level, so Characters who at first looked weak could later end up looking strong. His only consistency is Usopp and Nami, weak tards but given the tools to success without putting in the work.

Wasn’t it confirmed that the anime thing was mistranslated?
I'm not aware if it was . However even if it was , i think 1054 being the start of Final Saga is another reason to believe there is going to be a fight imo , at the very least Luffy vs Ryokugyu .

If it's Luffy vs Ryokugyu then Aramaki definitely isn't going to be humiliated , if it's vs the whole Alliance in Capital then maybe .

either way it is predictable what will happen.
Akainu told Green Bull not make things worse but we know for that is exactly what will happen Green Bull will make things worse for Akainu and the WG.
there are two options:
1. he get defeated.
2. he do something in favor of the strawhats and against the WG.
so let us wait and see which one will happen

oh yeah, because introducing GB and making him job on his introduction serves....what exactly to the story?
It's to show Luffy's progress you tool. Read what I wrote.

Dressrosa ended on a showdown between Luffy and Admiral, and Luffy's crew dragged him away. Now they're in the same situation.

Look at the way Fujitora and Greenbull handle Luffy.

Fuijtora "You got the strength to back up your words"

Greenbull to a much stronger Luffy "I'm going to take his head"

Dressrosa ended on a showdown between Luffy and Admiral, and Luffy's crew dragged him away. Now they're in the same situation.

fujitora was barely trying and everyone saw it

we don’t need to see luffy’s progress because we already saw it when luffy went from being one shotted by kaido in g4 to soloing him we don’t to see him beat another top tier because it will literally do nothing to the story

no author in their sane mind would introduce one of their strongest antagonists only to be beaten after 5 mins by the main character, and it would make the character that fights greenbull later seem less impactful because well he’s already beaten before

unless you think this is the last we will see of greenbull which is even more dumb

We just saw his progression, he beat an emperor, why do we need to see his progression again?

So here are the 4 reasons Ryokugyu will not be defeated , even if he fights the Alliance :​
4. we don’t know anything about him or his powers.

The Alliance don't know his powers as well , other than dangerous Nutrients-Absorbing attack , he could have :

1. Poisonous Mushrooms

2. Mind-Controlling Fungus

3. Flowers that can make opponents unsconcious

All these will be dangerous attacks that can catch people off-guard & take them down instantly .
Some other possibilities for Ryokugyu's powers :​

4. Awakening
The thing which Oda maybe has skipped with Kaido & BM , but i don't think he's doing this to the Admirals , Punk Hazard is of course the strongest proof they have it , but Akainu causing post-MF BBP to run away is a proof as well imo .​

5. Full-Zoan form being his strongest form
Since Admirals are really dependent on their DFs , yes i think we can expect his Full-Zoan form to be his strongest form , just like Sengoku . And yes i think he is a Mythical Zoan .​

The exact opposite to Kaido whose Full-Zoan form is his weakest form , GB will be stronger than the Azure Dragon in his Full-Zoan form and his huge size may help him to better deal with a lot of people at the same time , like for example he can create bigger & therefore more dangerous Nutrients-Absorbing attack .​

6. It's very possible Ryokugyu can be stronger than normal with excessive Light or Water
Which 7 members of the Alliance posses - Franky has Light , Raizo Jinbe Nami Usopp have Water , Yamato Brook have Frozen Water .

Especially Raizo + Jinbe who have already demonstrated to generate & control this much Water with "Water of Zou" :
https://mangasee123.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-1049-page-8.html

Aramaki may also be able to pull-out plants that shoot-out water himself , like Usopp's Green Star Sprinkler : https://mangasee123.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-1046-page-9.html

And then Aramaki absorbs the Water and make himself bigger/stronger than he already is .​

7. Quick-Regeneration like Marco
We know in real-life plants can re-generate/re-grow if you chop off their stems .​

Last edited: