General & Others Oda needs to learn from Togashi on how to handle power ups and fights.

Does HxH and Naruto handle power systems and fights better than One Piece

• Total voters
Just because you do not like the cost and as he gains mastery over the ability the cost lessen or go away completely does not negate that they are there and have an effect on him and what he can do. Ofc Gear 3 doesn't affect him like it did when he first learned it that was over 2 years ago. Gear 4th still has a 10 minute draw back weeks after the Doflamingo fight. Saying Nika form has no draw back is bleh because we saw what Luffy looked like when he came out of that form and it more than likely does have a drawback we just do not know what it is yet (because Nika was introduced 2 chapters ago). When Gon used his power up no one knew what the drawback was, it was only revealed chapters later. You're jumping the gun with this one.
Luffy trained for G2 and G3. I dont have problems with it. Its not outta nowhere like Nika form and Adult Gon. However lets be real is the Nika form ever gonna have drawbacks like Adult Gon. Hell to the fuck no. Did any of Luffy's tier jumps in haki ever do ? Nope.
Post automatically merged:

I've been trying since the days of fansubs for the original anime to get into it, since I really like YYH. But the intro is so boring that I can't make it.

But what I said was the argument itself that Gon is better handled isn't compelling. I can explain why Jotaro or the others work as compelling leads and it has nothing to do with them taking bigger Ls, lol
I never stated Gon > Luffy only due to combat. Gon is a trillion times better than Luffy due to a vast array of things. Combat was only the topic of dissusion here. And yes Gon is also far more compeling if hes not plot armour relaint like Luffy.

Oda had a perfectly good power system in place with devil fruits, all he had to do was not create haki and we wouldn't have this power escalation problem; fights shifted towards who has the better haki wins and since everyone uses haki in more or less the same way there isn't much room left for uniqueness, it's like in dragon ball where everyone fought the same way more or less and the villain of the week was stronger than last week because he did everything the same just better and haki is like that. Oda could've just stuck to DFs and had characters apply them in unique ways, like adding more dimensions to a shape; everything stays fresh and personalized. But Luffys new gear is definitely a step in the right direction, anything that moves away from bland haki fights and more of what early one piece had the better, besides the whole Mythical Zoan Sun God part......everything else about it is great.
Without haki and solely df or physical strength he would have to bullshit even moreso Luffy and non df users especially beating much more powerful and logia/hax paramecia users.

My vote is overall no, simply because you dumped Naruto with HxH

Without haki and solely df or physical strength he would have to bullshit even moreso Luffy and non df users especially beating much more powerful and logia/hax paramecia users.

My vote is overall no, simply because you dumped Naruto with HxH
Yeah the idea that Oda would forever stick with rock paper scissors on DF fights is pretty contrived. It's the same sort of dead end Araki hit with Hamon. OoH a SaLt SwOrD aGaInSt AoKiJi

We saw Garp hint at armament shortly after the gears showed up and by that point it was already pretty obvious that the series wasn't halfway done.

Hiatus x Hiatus clowns, pretending that their dead comic is a valid comparison for anything.
In 390 chapter Hiatus x Hiatus pulled a thousand different power ups, called it a system, had the MC "sacrifice" his powers just to regain it, and compare it to one piece.
When One Piece was at chapter 390 the only power up we had seen was gear second.
The only one.

Hiatus x Hiatus clowns should wonder why that series could never have the foundation to even reach a 1000 chapters.

Naruto is cool but shits the bed when literally everything done is trivialised by jesus naruto one shotting every enemy and ninja skills being reduced to ki blasts.

Nika form ever gonna have drawbacks like Adult Gon. Hell to the fuck no. Did any of Luffy's tier jumps in haki ever do ? Nope.
We know that Haki is based on the characters will power. Luffy's G4 consumes so much Haki he has a "time limit" before he can use it again, that is certainly a drawback. Nika form could kill him to which we have Law to play the role of "Nanika". You are counting your chickens before they hatch here is all I am saying. Could I be wrong? Yes, I can be wrong, and if I am proven wrong I will graciously admit it. Until then Oda has setup the pieces in a way that makes sense for Luffy to be saved in Gon-esq fashion, but with better foreshadowing for how Luffy can be saved. So much so that there are many theories for when how Law gives up his life for him.
1st - Law uses the eternal youth surgery on Luffy by sacrificing his life. This is the good choice. Because it's already setup for quite sometime. It has actual consequences (a character's death) and it will also explain why Luffy can keep using G5 going forward, because he will have eternal youth.
My thinking is more inline with this theory but I will not ignore the fact that Chopper could save Luffy (and Zoro) at the end of this arc.

Yeah the idea that Oda would forever stick with rock paper scissors on DF fights is pretty contrived. It's the same sort of dead end Araki hit with Hamon. OoH a SaLt SwOrD aGaInSt AoKiJi

We saw Garp hint at armament shortly after the gears showed up and by that point it was already pretty obvious that the series wasn't halfway done.
Yeah unless he turned everyone into a df user it wouldn't work, physical strength alone wont get you the win against gura, logia, Law's hax which ignores physical stats, swords/weapons in general would get easily broken by these various abilities without haki and the list goes on. But if he gave everyone a df what's the point, haki is dormant in everyone in the OP verse anyway.

Yeah Oda really sucks at handling fights. Not only is there serious inconsistencies in haki usage, but Oda also sucks at just drawing fights. The paneling can get too cluttered sometimes, making it difficult to determine what sequence of events is happening. Did Luffy punch then twist, then punch again? Also with haki being an "invisible power" it's hard to see when it's being used. Was AdCoC used? Idk, the black lightning would suggest so, but Oda has used this lightning in other fights/clashes.

I get the feeling that Oda didn't lay the ground work for what exactly haki was since the beginning. We're literally just now learning about AdCoC, a whole 600 ass chapters since haki was introduced. That is insane. Oda should have laid out exactly what haki was going to be, how it worked, tiers of progression for the power system, and by god a better way to draw it then a limb turning black, or black lightning spewing from a clash. It makes things very difficult to see who's winning, or who has stronger haki.

I

Indigo

Yeah Oda really sucks at handling fights. Not only is there serious inconsistencies in haki usage, but Oda also sucks at just drawing fights. The paneling can get too cluttered sometimes, making it difficult to determine what sequence of events is happening. Did Luffy punch then twist, then punch again? Also with haki being an "invisible power" it's hard to see when it's being used. Was AdCoC used? Idk, the black lightning would suggest so, but Oda has used this lightning in other fights/clashes.

I get the feeling that Oda didn't lay the ground work for what exactly haki was since the beginning. We're literally just now learning about AdCoC, a whole 600 ass chapters since haki was introduced. That is insane. Oda should have laid out exactly what haki was going to be, how it worked, tiers of progression for the power system, and by god a better way to draw it then a limb turning black, or black lightning spewing from a clash. It makes things very difficult to see who's winning, or who has stronger haki.
I do agee with you, but i just wanna say the panelling got bad in general, not just fights, since the time skip.

Pre-TS fights were drawn much better.

Yeah unless he turned everyone into a df user it wouldn't work, physical strength alone wont get you the win against gura, logia, Law's hax which ignores physical stats, swords/weapons in general would get easily broken by these various abilities without haki and the list goes on. But if he gave everyone a df what's the point, haki is dormant in everyone in the OP verse anyway.
It's weird because judging by some comments, most people were very young in 2007 and not actually reading. Readers even back then knew a timeskip was inevitable and that it would bring a new way of fighting, because there wasn't an answer for beating Ener or Aokiji based on what we saw. We thought Rokushiki was a big enough wall to cause this, when it debuted.

And now we're ten years out from the time skip, but there are people who started reading after Haki was introduced talking about Haki as if it's something new lol.

He did it
We know exactly what Haki is
Adv haki was shown a few times 13 years ago Sentomaru
Rayleigh
3 Admirals