Chapter Discussion Oda not only ruined Nami’s 1v1 this arc, but he also ruined her fighting style in the span of half a chapter.

Did Oda ruin Nami’s fighting style and 1v1 this arc?

• Total voters

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
Not only is Nami’s climatact alive now

Not only does Nami not have to do anything to attack anymore...

Not only was Ulti nerfed due to Big Mom clownery...

But the fact that this fight was over in half a chapter without Nami even doing anything is absolutely abysmal

I’m curious, is anyone actually ok with this? Even is Ulti is ok after this attack, this will be the third time Oda take KO’d her, so either way it’s gonna be trash.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
Cry more. You're not making any hot takes when everyone on this forum bitches about everything all day
Post automatically merged:

like why is everyone here obsessed with complaining. This one is the most nonsense yet
So Nami having barely half a chapter to 1v1 a nerfed character after almost a decade of no fights isn’t a legitimate criticism? Oda bootlickers are hilarious lol

He ruined Sanji more. Pre timeskip Sanji used to do what the Vinsmoke brothers manage to do, with the help of their technology. Sky Walk, producing fire, being so fast, etc.
But right now Sanji is reduced to be using the same technology as his brothers. Would be better if he goes "invisible" not because of Raid Suit but because of his overwhelming speed.

That being said, he also ruined Nami's style. Good job ruining 2 Straw Hats' style in 1 arc.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
What makes you think that's her 1v1 for the arc and ulti isn't joke fodder. Too much ulti hentai you think she's important?
I don’t even like Ulti lol. She’s a fucking flying six, why the hell would she be joke fodder? Who else is Nami gonna fight this arc? Lol
Look, imho there are tons of writing decisions that you can criticize Oda for ... this is not one of them.

Nami never was a fighter.

Her "fighting style" has always been "rely on an overpowered weapon to one-shot opponents".

This didn't change at all. She simply hits harder now.
Her “fighting style” was mostly relying on her weather knowledge and strategies in conjunction with her climatact. Now she doesn’t have to do either because of Zues lol

He ruined Sanji more. Pre timeskip Sanji used to do what the Vinsmoke brothers manage to do, with the help of their technology. Sky Walk, producing fire, being so fast, etc.
But right now Sanji is reduced to be using the same technology as his brothers. Would be better if he goes "invisible" not because of Raid Suit but because of his overwhelming speed.

That being said, he also ruined Nami's style. Good job ruining 2 Straw Hats' style in 1 arc.
Pre timeskip Sanji didnt have fire powers, nor could he skywalk.
Post automatically merged:

Sanji derangement syndrome is certainly a thing.

Nami's last decent fight was in Alabasta. She stopped doing battle enritely after Thriller Bark
While everyone focused on getting stronger she focused on studying weather stuff and getting hotter
Oda wanted to give her a power up and I'm fine with it. True, he 180 her fighting style, but Nami's fighting style was not a theme for concern on the fandom as a whole. Unless you are a hardcore Nami enthusiast, her change in fight style means nothing
Same thing as Usopp. He was just a fun and lying piece of shit but he actually got strong and can now use these pop green bullshit after timeskip. Still, nobody gives a fuck about Usopp's fighting style either

What bothers me was Zeus. Dude was a cute fluffy cloud wearing a colorful cap. I loved that little son of a bitch and it hit me hard when he aparently died. Now he comes back as the climatact animation, man, that's not OK at all. I hope he retains his cloud form

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power

Sanji fighting style is garbage as well now too. I hope the Raid Suit gets destroyed by Queen...

Remember when Sanji did Hell Memories pre timeskip why can't we go back to the good old days.
Sanji's good old days was when:
- Sanji trolled Mr. 0 via Den Den Mushi in Little Garden
- Sanji and Chopper trolled Baroque Works, including Mr. 0, with having Chopper running around as "Mr. Prince" and Sanji went inside to save the day by defeating the alligator
- Sanji opening the door in Ennies Lobby

Now cool moments instead are given to side characters like Otama. :josad: