General & Others Oda the regurgitator.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
You never cease to amaze me Lee

Regardless of the contents of the chapter you'll always find something to complain about

Did we know which family among the 20 Imu was a part of?

Did we know the names of the Gorosei?

Did we know Imu had the Perennial Youth Surgery performed on them?

Did we know Vivi and Cobra were D.'s?

Did we know what weapon Imu used to destroy Lulusia?

No?

Then how is that regurgitating information we already knew?
I didn't come here for this so don't mind me for butting in. But most of those things aren't half impressive or groundbreaking.

+ Remember one thing. Oda said he will adjust the story for the newcomers so they don't have to bother about what happened in the previous 1000 chapters.

aKa "I will retcon whatever I want to fix the plot holes I can't explain".

Did we know what weapon Imu used to destroy Lulusia? = I think everyone and their mothers dropped the predictions about either VP tech or Ancient Weapon and we even got a nod to Ancient Weapon theory by one of the Gorosei. Nothing groundbreaking here bro.

Did we know Vivi and Cobra were D.'s? = This one we actually didn't. Not that groundbreaking tho since all of the Ds for now were fighters ( minus Rouge but she was just Roger's side bitch lol ). So I don't feel like Vivi being a D. will change a lot. We knew Nefertaris deflected right.

Did we know Imu had the Perennial Youth Surgery performed on him? = Again like above. Everyone and their mothers dropped the predictions about Imu and Gorosei being after such surgeries.

Did we know the names of the Gorosei? = No but everyone got it right that they will be named after planets. Again nothing groundbreaking. Oda and his symbolism fetish.

Did we know which family among the 20 Imu was a part of? = No. But tbh. If Joyboy wasn't related to any of the 20 Families this will be irrelevant as fuck since we knew all families aside Nefertaris were evil enough to go along with the plan of destroying the Ancient Kingdom.

One Country being attacked by one organization, and then one Prince/Princess who gets Luffy & co, there to save the Island.
Didn't happened that much Wano DressRosa FI and Alabasta by extent you can add Arlong Park if you consider Nami as a princess unless I forgot some of them
5 arc among 20+

Moreover most stories have a basic template for their arcs that doesn't prevent some of them to be masterpieces

Now you're being willfully obtuse

We knew of the Youth Surgery since Dressrosa, yes. Did we know it was performed on Imu?

What do you mean it isn't confirmed? We know Vegapunk was involved in it's creation or reawakening, we learned the name of it, and we know why Imu was unable to use it on any island beforehand.

We didn't know which member of the 20 Imu was a part of or if they were a part of the 20 at all. We knew literally nothing about them before this string of chapters other than their position in the WG.

Poneglyphs being scattered we knew but you're assuming Oda put that in there as a reveal instead of just another line in the chapter
Oda still has not confirmed what it was that destroyed Lulusia. It is still a vague topic with more questions than answers; was it VP tech, was it actually an ancient weapon, or was it VP energy source, etc. Still not confirmed!

Who cares about which member is who. Imu being part of the 20 family was obvious. My 3 year old told me "papa Lee, Imu is part of the 20 family.". You consider that a lore drop? Is your standards really that low?

Youth Surgery again you consider that a lore drop? So now any info given to us is considered a lore drop? We have no standards anymore? I expect a manga that has been going on for 25 years, hiding mystery nonstop for the past two decades should have higher standards than what you are giving it. Doesn't take much to hype yall if you guys are considering these as lore drops.

Any info that wasn't explicit is now a lore drop. Man, the standards are low.

Last two chapters were just regurgitation of things we already knew. Oda did the same thing during Oden's flashback and people called that a "lore drop". Just regurgitate things the readers already knew but this time convey it through the words of a "hype" character (in this case Imu) and then poof you have your so-called new lore drop chapter. And the new info we supposedly did learn isn't really new info since it hasn't been confirmed yet, just more questions added to the hundreds of others.

Compare this so-called "hype lore drop" chapter with Kingdom chapter where we see our MC get character development and where the laws of a state starts to get formed. No nonsense people running around creating fake drama. Actually relevant events that progresses the plot occur their instead of needing to use mystery 90% of the time.
Cry nartotard. One piece chapter 1 is better than all of Narto combined. Nartotards shouldnt be allowed to speak here.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Didn't happened that much Wano DressRosa FI and Alabasta by extent you can add Arlong Park if you consider Nami as a princess unless I forgot some of them
5 arc among 20+

Moreover most stories have a basic template for their arcs that doesn't prevent some of them to be masterpieces
Romance Dawn, Syrup Village, Arlong Park, Alabasta, Skypeia, Enies Lobby (Robin was the "Princess" & CP9 were bad guys), FMI, Dressrosa, Wano so far.

The basic template is the same, but yea additionally Oda adds a lot of lore, world building & themes both design wise and story telling wise. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, i'm saying that Oda is known to have a base template and adding more elements.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Wano was bad

But since then one piece has been good. Few issues but that's okay. Nothing is perfect. It's enjoyable.

Knowing your history here, I do think your criticism isn't genuine and you are trying to seek attention by nit picking things.

Romance Dawn, Syrup Village, Arlong Park, Alabasta, Skypeia, Enies Lobby (Robin was the "Princess" & CP9 were bad guys), FMI, Dressrosa, Wano so far.
Some of them are really stretched
Romance dawn, Syrup Village and EL had no country to save that's why I hesitate to put them
As for for romance dawn I can't even consider Zoro as a prince or someone to save man accepted it he just got betrayed

During Skypiea SH were looking for the Gold city it happened to be Enel's territory they didn't even knew they had someone to save

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Some of them are really stretched
Romance dawn, Syrup Village and EL had no country to save that's why I hesitate to put them
As for for romance dawn I can't even consider Zoro as a prince or someone to save man accepted it he just got betrayed

During Skypiea SH were looking for the Gold city it happened to be Enel's territory they didn't even knew they had someone to save
Yea but like i said the basic template is the same.
New Island, New Villain with his Bad Organization. New Rulers.

Skypeia arguably had more differences than similarities though so you maybe right. It is more comparable to Dressrosa imo, False Gods & "D./Natural Enemy of Gods" and with Enel's & Doflamingo's Games for the second half of the arc. So you are correct.

Im not saying that this is a bad thing btw, just saying that Oda reuses stuff a lot.

Wano was bad

But since then one piece has been good. Few issues but that's okay. Nothing is perfect. It's enjoyable.

Knowing your history here, I do think your criticism isn't genuine and you are trying to seek attention by nit picking things.
I told yall Wano was bad, yall told me I was nitpicking.
I told yall what is happening inside of Egghead was bad, yall told me I was nitpicking.
Now I am telling yall what is happening outside of Egghead isn't new information, yall told me I was nitpicking.

Cycle continues. You guys never learn from Oda false hype. He does it everytime and yall fall for it.

"nitpicking" lol. Oda not revealing answers to questions for 25 years is now considered nitpicking.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I told yall Wano was bad, yall told me I was nitpicking.
I told yall what is happening inside of Egghead was bad, yall told me I was nitpicking.
Now I am telling yall what is happening outside of Egghead isn't new information, yall told me I was nitpicking.

Cycle continues. You guys never learn from Oda false hype. He does it everytime and yall fall for it.

"nitpicking" lol. Oda not revealing answers to questions for 25 years is now considered nitpicking.
People can make judgements on their own. I don't think your opinion matters in this regard.

Wano was seen bad by many.

And, you talk about not revealing names for 25 years? There is time for everything. Your fav Naruto didn't reveal about kaguya as well.

Tbh, I think you deliberately badly criticize one piece because deep down you feel insecure that one piece is still going strong while your fav series got wrapped up and got dusted long time ago.🤭

You are criticizing one piece as some sort of defensive mechanism to make yourself feel better and hide the reality that one piece overshadowed your fav despite running for 25 years.

You just can't accept the reality and proof is despite hating one piece you still read it and then resort to nit picking to make yourself better

It's okay lee. You are coping. It happens I guess 🤷

I didn't come here for this so don't mind me for butting in. But most of those things aren't half impressive or groundbreaking.

+ Remember one thing. Oda said he will adjust the story for the newcomers so they don't have to bother about what happened in the previous 1000 chapters.

aKa "I will retcon whatever I want to fix the plot holes I can't explain".

Did we know what weapon Imu used to destroy Lulusia? = I think everyone and their mothers dropped the predictions about either VP tech or Ancient Weapon and we even got a nod to Ancient Weapon theory by one of the Gorosei. Nothing groundbreaking here bro.

Did we know Vivi and Cobra were D.'s? = This one we actually didn't. Not that groundbreaking tho since all of the Ds for now were fighters ( minus Rouge but she was just Roger's side bitch lol ). So I don't feel like Vivi being a D. will change a lot. We knew Nefertaris deflected right.

Did we know Imu had the Perennial Youth Surgery performed on him? = Again like above. Everyone and their mothers dropped the predictions about Imu and Gorosei being after such surgeries.

Did we know the names of the Gorosei? = No but everyone got it right that they will be named after planets. Again nothing groundbreaking. Oda and his symbolism fetish.

Did we know which family among the 20 Imu was a part of? = No. But tbh. If Joyboy wasn't related to any of the 20 Families this will be irrelevant as fuck since we knew all families aside Nefertaris were evil enough to go along with the plan of destroying the Ancient Kingdom.
That’s the thing

I’m not arguing in favor of the quality of the reveals

I’m arguing that they’re “reveals” to begin with

Lee claims that Oda’s just regurgitating information we already knew

I’m saying he isn’t

Whether you like the reveals or not is a whole different discussion

Notice how I’ve never once said any of the reveals are good

Why are you moving the goalpost?

If you don't like the reveals then say that

Don't claim he's regurgitating information then say "well.... it's new but it's bad"
^ What I said earlier in the thread

Because the thread isn’t about the quality of the reveals but whether they’re reveals/new information at all

Yes I’m sure most people thought Imu had the Perennial Youth Surgery performed on them but this gave us confirmation

Is it a crazy reveal? Honestly…? No, but it’s a reveal nonetheless

It’s the same as the Momo is a pink dragon because Vegapunk is a perfectionist thing

Most of us predicted that and we ended up being correct. It’s still a reveal just not an unexpected one

Sigh, you either offscreen enough content and blame Oda, or you get the usual Lee bitch posts about "filler" lol.

Dont be upset Naruto is over and Boruto is ass bro. If you dont like something, then just dont read it. Ill never get the self torture if the series is so bad to you

Last edited:
I’m arguing that they’re “reveals” to begin with

Lee claims that Oda’s just regurgitating information we already knew

I’m saying he isn’t
You said, "Did we know which family among the 20 Imu was a part of? Did we know the names of the Gorosei?". My case is over. You guys find name reveals as a lore drop. No standards whatsoever. A name reveal is now considered a lore drop by One Piece fans.

And I literally listed you the regurgitation of Oda.
Post automatically merged:

People can make judgements on their own. I don't think your opinion matters in this regard.

Wano was seen bad by many.
My butt it was. It was me and a few other people on here telling yall how bad Wano is and yall were saying "you are nitpicking". Vast majority on here liked Wano.

Oda is a known regurgitator.
Every arc has almost the same template.
One Country being attacked by one organization, and then one Prince/Princess who gets Luffy & co, there to save the Island.

Not like other Shonen are better, like Bleach f.ex.
"They go to a place, meet people there, and fight other people there. Soooo derivative" this is what you sound like

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
"They go to a place, meet people there, and fight other people there. Soooo derivative" this is what you sound like
I mean... thats what happens right? Just look at the manga and see the plot elements being repeated from previous arcs... Marineford, Impel Down, Sabaody were a bit different but other than that? There aint much.

And its not a bad thing. Idk why OP fans get angry when i point that out.