Future Events Oda's killing problem - does he have the guts to kill Kaido?

How will Oda solve the killing problem?

• Luffy ends his pacifist run and kills Kaido

• Zoro finally commits an on-panel murder

• Kid or Law do the dirty work for them

• Big Mom backstabs Kaido

• Blackbeard appears and backstabs Kaido

• He doesn't. Kaido is imprisoned eternally (in a Poneglyph or something? idk)

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wano? Oh you mean just some random ass country? Totally not his base of operation for the past 25 years.
Why can't you dimwit understand that as long as Kaidou still lives, Wano will always be at threat. Even fucking Oda makes it clear that this war won't be won without taking Kaidou's fucking head, so stop acting like you are Oda's best pal or someshit and tell us that our reasons for Kaidou's death are stupid and Oda is totally not building up for that.
Man, stop feeding so deep into those kind of character statements. Kaido doesn't need to die. You take away his crew and crush him, by the time he picks up the pieces again, Luffy will be there to take care of his ass whenever he starts to act out of line.

He’s also the same man that portrayed Zoro saying “I want to avenge Yasuie” that never happened lol
But we are talking about a matter of scruples here.

Oda seemingly has none by portraying Kaido's death.

So the point is he will not care about showing pity for Kaido's character if it has to happen. Furthermore, Kaido himself still craves for death. But only by combat.

You already know what i think on this so i will address the other options.

Luffy aint killing him. I dont think that needs expanding on its just not something he does.

For people say zoro killing kaido is bad because it would take spotlight away from luffy kidd or law doing it would be much worse to luffys rep in comparison. Of course this would be even if they had the beans to do it which they dont.

This is something ive seen a lot. Big mom betraying kaido these were my thoughts on that before 1002

After seeing the way she not only took killer out before he could attack again but then reacted to zoro attacking him i feel more than vindicated in my beliefs on this topic.

Now this is an interesting one. Back in the day i thought this was the only other viable option. But events since 956 changed my mind on this or the marines coming at the end.
First of all blackbeard in 956 moved out to take something before the marines do so a clash between the two parties is inevitable. I dont see either coming to wano to take kaido out for a few reasons. First the arc needs to end with the feast luffy said and wano opening the borders.
Bb wont come to wano to kill kaido take his fruit then leave a) luffy alone or b) the road ponlyglyphs and would try sink wano.
Same with the marines they wouldn't come to take kaido away and wave off luffy and wish him a nice day.
On the capture front it has failed 18 times to restrain this man. 18. Add this to the ridiculous recovery this man has they cannot contain him. Why would it be different ?
@Garp the Fist made a thread just how much the idea of not just death but beheading kaido has been pushed so far in wano. All the ingredients to match ryumas legend are slowly falling in place
It has all the build up now its just about (excuse my pun) the execution.
You're a smart man bb.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Zoro killing someone does not go against his image, imo. When he became a swordsman, he was resigned to the fact he might have to kill people. As a wise man once said -

But what was always my biggest gripe against Zoro Killing Kaido isn't Zoro killing him, it's how it has to be depicted. Would Oda allow a brutal decapitation in his family friendly manga, and have it be celebrated? Because unlike Ace or Newgate's deaths, Kaido's would be considered a moment of triumph for our heroes, unless there's another piece of Kaido's character we're missing for his death to have some tragedy for us.

And what of Yamato? They claim to hate their father, but that's easier said than done. If they are to become a Strawhat, it would be very awkward to be sailing on the same ship as the man who murdered your father. Is there still some inkling of affection there? How does Oda reconcile it if he does go the route of Kaido being slain.

Lastly, I wonder how serious Kaido is about dying. When he was struck down by Oden and given an opening, he was quick to retaliate. When Linlin warned him about Zoro's dangerous attack, he was quick to comply. Does Kaido want to die? Is it just dying, or does it have to happen in a way he desires? A common trend amongst the Ds is that they do not run from death when faced with it. They know if they are to die here, they will die. But Kaido could be different, he might want to die a certain way, when his terms are met, and only tries his luck because he is hard to kill. Though he never takes it if the risk is too high.

What I'm saying is, we really need a Kaido flashback.

Man, stop feeding so deep into those kind of character statements. Kaido doesn't need to die. You take away his crew and crush him, by the time he picks up the pieces again, Luffy will be there to take care of his ass whenever he starts to act out of line.
Dude you are talking about the man who WB in his prime deemed too powerful to risk waging war against? And unless Luffy ascends way past Kaidou's level, he will always pose a threat to Luffy, Pirate King or not.

Bro, Yasuie knew that killing Orochi means shit because he's backed up by Kaidou, who is the real ruler of Wano. So, by killing Kaidou, he will avenge Yasuie.
He wasn’t going after Orochi because he was a ruler of wano he was going after him because we wanted to avenge Yasuie lol killing Kaido doesn’t change that orochi killed yasuie, Kaido didn’t make orochi kill Yasuie.
Post automatically merged:

But we are talking about a matter of scruples here.
What lol? That’s literally an example of the same thing. Zoro said he’ll definitely do something, he attempted to kill orochi but was stopped. Yes Kaido and orochi were allied but so what lol?

If Oda couldn't write Kyros killing scumbag Diamante off. Highly doubtful for Oda to kill Kaido off because that his dream and he likes to write villians getting their dreams shattered.

I foresee Oda going with this direction.. After Luffy defeats Kaido, Kaido yells at him to kill him but Luffy says No!So Kaido will get his dream destroyed by a person who is strong enough to kill him but refuses therefore the weak do not have the right to choose how they die. Foreshadowing by Law in punk hazard in chapter 662.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
You're a smart man bb.
Also is it just me or does blackbeard having the dragon fruit (and the fight not too far away if its before raftel) become repetitive and horribly mundane.
I dont know why on earth he never took marcos (if indeed he is to have a third)
As straight up regeneration negates the drawback of the yami. Though typing that out makes me realise how overpowered to fuck that would be.

Also is it just me or does blackbeard having the dragon fruit (and the fight not too far away if its before raftel) become repetitive and horribly mundane.
I dont know why on earth he never took marcos (if indeed he is to have a third)
As straight up regeneration negates the drawback of the yami. Though typing that out makes me realise how overpowered to fuck that would be.
Dark Phoenix with quake abilities that can use its talons to flip the world, with the ability to drag everything into a black hole and crush anything in its way ...

Not gonna happen tho

Last edited:
He wasn’t going after Orochi because he was a ruler of wano he was going after him because we wanted to avenge Yasuie lol killing Kaido doesn’t change that orochi killed yasuie, Kaido didn’t make orochi kill Yasuie.

What lol? That’s literally an example of the same thing. Zoro said he’ll definitely do something, he attempted to kill orochi but was stopped. Yes Kaido and orochi were allied but so what lol?

Kaidou allowed Orochi to be at his position. He bought in the Smile which directly leads to Yasuie's and Kuri's people suffering. Of course by Killing Kaidou, he will've avenged Yasuie.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
If Oda couldn't write Kyros killing scumbag Diamante off. Highly doubtful for Oda to kill Kaido off because that his dream and he likes to write villians getting their dreams shattered.

I foresee Oda going with this direction.. After Luffy defeats Kaido, Kaido yells at him to kill him but Luffy says No!So Kaido will get his dream destroyed by a person who is strong enough to kill him but refuses therefore the weak do not have the right to choose how they die. Foreshadowing by Law in punk hazard in chapter 662.
Lmfao wut

Kaido has fought FOURTEEN PEOPLE AND COUNTING so far.
The weak dont get to choose my ass.
Whats he gonna do beat him and just leave him there ? Whats stopping kaidos super recovery and him baguraing luffy

This actually fits perfectly with my speculation that Kaido use to be a weakling prior to eating his Devil Fruit. I forgot about that statement. Kaido constantly seeking to die a glorious death fits the motif that as a weakling he didn't have the option, which is why he is so adamant on trying to choose a battle of his own death now that he has acquired power. Man that would be a huge blow to his psyche if that happened.

Kaido want to die because He been living too long in Roger era when Rock died in God valley incident but y'all remember when Kaido fell down from sky front of kidd alliance because suicide bullshit and oda did plot armor on kaido for don't die yet when worst generation will come to wano and slice your head kaido.

:whitepress: I don't think so Oda did plot armor on this kaido for some reason.

Kaidou allowed Orochi to be at his position. He bought in the Smile which directly leads to Yasuie's and Kuri's people suffering. Of course by Killing Kaidou, he will've avenged Yasuie
I don’t really see how killing Zoro killing Kaido avenges Yasuie, I mean it’s only because he’s not in the picture anymore that we would have to assume in this situation hypothetically that Zoro wants to kill Kaido for that reason. His target in terms of avenging Yasuie was Orochi. If Zoro had killed him he would have said that we had avenged Yasuie. The whole scene with Hiyori and the entire build up of that sub plot was going in this direction. Like if a solider killed my friend and that solider is dead killing the general doesn’t make me feel like I’ve avenged my friend. I mean that’s just my opinion.
I was more saying that Zoro saying he’s definitely going to do something doesn’t mean that it’s set in stone and that’s that. There’s countless examples of saying you’re going to do something and not doing it. Like Luffy saying he’ll save Ace. I don’t know who’s going to kill Kaido or what’s going to happen I’m not trying to debate about that I already gave my opinion on that matter and the possibilities I see

I guess it more so revolves around the fact that killing someone with a sword is generally easier and seems more plausible than killing someone by punching them or beating them to death lol, if that were the case then Luffy would be bodying people left right and centre.

I mean Zoro does have that blood thirsty vibe about him and this has been mentioned multiple times and would kill, but if Zoro would kill Kaido I don’t see why Luffy wouldn’t. Like it would seem a bit weird if they knock Kaido down and then Zoro just kills Kaido. I mean I want Kaido to die but just not really sure Oda is going to go about it.

It would seem more impactful to the story if the scabbards were the ones to deal the killing blow, especially seeing as they’re alive and have been moved to a lower level, they’ll recover soon, it seems more emotional and attached to the story as it being their dream to kill Kaido take back wano, open the borders and avenge their master, rather than Zoro killing Kaido to further his own ambition and wanting to cut and kill Kaido because he’s strong, like Zoro isn’t any more attached to Kinemon and co than Luffy or Law, so imo if Zoro is killing Kaido because of his connection to the samurai and scabbards then Luffy and law would kill Kaido for them too.

Yeah we’ve had the alliance since Punk Hazard and things have been moving since then but it feels like the alliance at zou was where they were like “Yeah it’s time to do this” and loads of them were present there like I wouldn’t be opposed to Luffy Zoro Law snd Kinemon dealing the final blow together as Kid is part of the alliance but we all know he doesn’t have the same attitude as Law who is actually connected to these people as well. Even Law outright calling Kinemon by his name and just his name was like a moment where I was like “Damn it really makes you think that they’ve come a long way like Kinemon has known law and Luffy for a while now, Law actually considers him an ally” , even when he was so distant and cold to the Strawhats during their first encounter and cutting Kinemon apart and leaving him like nothing.

If not that then the scabbards could deal the final blow but as the journal state its this new generation of pirates that are going to take down Kaido whether they are the ones to kill him or not I’m honestly not sure. It could play out in the way we least expect it. Like the scabbards haven’t really played a huge role when you compare how much damage they did to Kaido and how much damage the 5 on the roof are doing, they went up there and performed abysmally and then Kin cried to Luffy, emotional as it was Kinemon isn’t a damsel in distress like most of the other people Luffy has saved he’s still a capable warrior and he’s not dead, he’s not even at deaths door by the look of things, I’m not sure what Kaidos intentions were by leaving them alive but all the scabbards are decent fighters and have time to recover below, they’re gonna stand up to the Yonko again most likely. Whether they will be the ones to land the killing blow or some one else or whether it’s multiple people we don’t know lol

This is just the way I see it.

Edit: Also what happens to Big Mom? And what happens to all the beast pirates? Surely they would have to kill his commanders too.