Break Week Oda's story telling after the surgery.

Future of OP

• Total voters
The surgery itself will help him draw better in general I assume, but I think it MIGHT impact his storytelling in general
doesn't see double anymore -> feels better -> less energy to draw as usual -> more energy to think about the story ahead
plus the break will give him time to rest and spend time with family to recharge

The whole point of the break is to give Oda a rest. Releasing chapters now would mean that oda would just immediately come back to work and behind schedule.
I know, that's why I said that maybe they didn't tell us about the surgery in real time, but rather waited 2-3 chapters to release his message.
If Oda knows he goes into surgery when 2-3 chapters are ready on his part, and will release while he's healing, I think he'd be more relaxed and will only go back to work when he is truly recovered.
I mean, suppose he did the surgery when 1083 was out and 1086 was ready for editing, he could have 3-4 weeks of recovering from the surgery without having the fans worry about anything, while after the announcement was published he can take the coming weeks to start working on a new chapter without haste. If I was his editor, that's what I would recommend him.

the entire problem was Wano, manga got better once we left it

he'll use this time off to think some roads and see howthey'll go

art wise i dont know what people complain here

Nothing will change his pacing whatsover. You will only see minimal art changes maybe 3-4 chapters after we are back.

Chances are 1087-1089 are already done, but 1090 isnt. He is usually 3-4 chapters ahead of publication.
Is he though?

I remember that during the release of chapter 900 a OP editor tweeted that Oda was working on the chapter just 13 days before it released officially.

Since then I am a bit skeptical about Oda being this far ahead of what's being published.

His eye surgery ain't a big deal... It's a pretty common thing and nothing is going to change much.... Because it's still his assistants working

Oda is not the kind to let others do his drawings for him. He lets them do the background and such, but every picture with motion, for example, he insists on doing himself.
The assistants draw the detailed final version not oda. He draws sketches and story panels for assistants to draw.... That's how it is for most authors with assistants.. And one piece has enough. Only thing oda draws completely is probably just covers or something special.

The assistants draw the detailed final version not oda. He draws sketches and story panels for assistants to draw.... That's how it is for most authors with assistants.. And one piece has enough. Only thing oda draws completely is probably just covers or something special.
Oda is not like most authors then. I've read it in several places that Oda doesn't let his assistants draw motion, and does most of the work himself. Here's an example I found just googling now. I've read it also somewhere else. In an SBS maybe?