Break Week Oda's terrible sense of basic, fundamental power level writing

OK, so your initial question was how would Katakuri, King and Queen take the attack.
Queen would get white eyes and fall down like a boulder but would get up after a second. King would stay conscious, but would cough up blood and get wobbly feet. Katakuri would see himself exploding in the future, so he would turn his whole body into mochi and, after the blast, splatter around. After that he would reassemble.
At least that is how I think it would play out.

Luffy took internal attack and of course at best it could stun Luffy for a moment. Why do you talk as if Luffy was out cold for long time. Powerscaling is not so linear in one piece. It is a blast attack. Even Kizaru blown into pieces. The attack is similar to Killer internal attack against Kaidou. Why make a big deal out of it. There is nothing inconsistent here. G3 knocked out Kaidou for few seconds in chapter 923.
Post automatically merged:

OK, so your initial question was how would Katakuri, King and Queen take the attack.
Queen would get white eyes and fall down like a boulder but would get up after a second. King would stay conscious, but would cough up blood and get wobbly feet. Katakuri would see himself exploding in the future, so he would turn his whole body into mochi and, after the blast, splatter around. After that he would reassemble.
At least that is how I think it would play out.
Katakuri can't see the future about how attack works. It is like how he reacted first when he got hit by Snakeman.

Oda just dont care about power scaling.
Context matters. A touch from sugar can obliterate Yonko.

Hiatus x Hiatus, with the pages of text, less than half as many chapters written in twice as much time, and yet still finding room to give certain characters bullshit?

I might not have finished it, but even I know that Hunter x Hunter isn't even nearly as ambitious as One Piece in the sheer variety of power tiers available. It shouldn't even count.

How about everything Naruto before the war arc?
As a counterpoint, how about everything from Naruto during and after the war arc?

Though really, even as early as the end of part 1, the cracks are showing in the Naruto powerscaling system. I mean, Sasuke was as fast as Lee by the Chunin Exam finals, but by the hospital visit before the Sasuke retrieval arc, Naruto was roughly as fast as him as well.

And yet, even with a Kyuubi Boost, 1000 Naruto clones weren't enough to overcome base Kimimaro, despite a still injured, not properly healed, base Lee seemingly matching him hit for hit. How fast is Lee even supposed to be?
A bad series. Couldn't even get past the first major arc.

That comedy of power inflation?

Tokyo Ghoul? So many!
Ah yes. It's so hard to keep power levels consistent when the setting is modern era and nobody is stronger than a combat plane.

LMFAO Kizaru is a LOGIA user that is why he was cut in half! Was Kizaru knocked out with white eyed and needing Sentomaru to carry him off?

Dude don't @ me again with such nonsense. You obviously don't understand what "context" means.
@, Because you criticizing me for context is the pot calling the kettle black.
You can wake me up in the middle of the night while i am drunk af while stubbing my toe on the bed and j could still name you 5 authors better at it
And yet not even one is mentioned by you.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Oda never had an established power scaling so a lot of power creeps seem to occur. He does whatever he wants for the plot.

In Wano alone Zoro:
-passes out from hunger and a shoulder stab
-cant get pass nameless gifters even with help
-Cant stop Apoo even with Drake's help
-Takes hakai, thunder bagua, indira etc without getting knocked out
-can react to Kaido and BM etc and force them to dodge

Killer gets one shot by Zoro but takes attacks from Emperors and has lots of strength to spare.

Boundman got one shot by Base Kaido. On the roof Base Luffy could barely keep up with Base Kaido. Suddenly, Base Luffy can take multiple hits from Hybrid Kaido and speed blitz him. Kinemon took multiple attacks from Kaido to the head also, looking better than Boundman.

Oda simply doesn't care.

One Piece has one of the most consistent power scaling ever. There is always a clear cut hierarchy between the tiers.
Its just some fans who just wont accept some facts.

I think that Oda has a different conception of the power scaling from fans, even though sometimes he just makes characters stronger by time without telling us like with Law, which make people confuse about It.
It's true that you can occasionaly find something weird like Kinnemon doing better than Boundman.
It's like sometimes power interactions are the main thing and a big deal (like with Apoo), while other times haki is everything (like with Kaido and Big Mom against Law powers).
One piece can be weird because recently, for examples, according to Oda, If you don't protect with haki and you're a normal human, you can be pierce and damaged by everyone with a sword or a gun, but at the same time even without haki some characters can survive Town level blows (and I am low-balling).
So.. yeah?

Katakuri can't see the future about how attack works. It is like how he reacted first when he got hit by Snakeman.
Katakuri doesn't need to know how the attack works to now that he would blow up. Luffy saw the future too but because he isn't a logia or a special paramecia he doesn't have a way to avoid it. The snakeman thing is different. Kata saw the future and avoided the attack but the same attack came back before he even got the chance to look at the future again.

-passes out from hunger and a shoulder stab
-cant get pass nameless gifters even with help
-Cant stop Apoo even with Drake's help
-Takes hakai, thunder bagua, indira etc without getting knocked out
-can react to Kaido and BM etc and force them to dodge
Most of these aren't really comparable.
1. Zoro was suffering from food poisoning and had a deadly hit that would have killed him if it wasn't for Hiyori, Zoro has Normal durability and Killer Should be fast and Lethal. People will mention Daz Bones forgetting that Zoro had a reason to stay up back then.
2. Gifters are strong in groups, especially against people with "Normal" Durability. You can say "why didn't Zoro just Use AoE moves" which I can answer with "Same reason why Luffy didn't use Elephant Gun Gattling against the Enraged Army", plot.

Oda is horrible in many things... not just powerscaling...

However, out of all the horrible things Oda does, powerscaling mess is not something I’m angry at... because I loved the chapter where Luffy and Zoro were caught by surprise by Apoo and he made them run away.. the two strongest guys from our alliance

In fact, this was the highest level of threat we got this arc Lol
For the two main dudes run away from smile users and apoo hahaha

I like unexpected events and unexpected outcome of fights...
So that made me enjoy it and it was the only time Kaido’s army got any hype and we felt their threat,

So that is fine by me... I am more concerned about other horrible shit Oda does, like having HORRIBLE execution for a plot he built for many chapters...

Nami vs Upti had the WORST end of any one piece fight I have ever seen!

Dude, freaking Kabaji vs Mohji in cover story was better done than this shit!

Oda just dont care about power scaling.
I would not say he doesn't care. He doesn't care enough to have them consistent throughout the story and prefers to plasmate the plot the best way according to him first therefore placing power levels subsequently according to its best.

Again, for the hundreth time this thread isn't meant to be a power level discussion. The thread is about how Oda inconsistently use's character's when the same situation for other character doesn't apply. I gave examples, like Luffy needed to be carried off which will never happen if it were King, Queen, Dolfamingo, Jack etc. or Tama being able to tank Ulti attack. Hence why I said Oda has a terrible sense at scaling characters.

Again, for the hundreth time this thread isn't meant to be a power level discussion. The thread is about how Oda inconsistently use's character's when the same situation for other character doesn't apply. I gave examples, like Luffy needed to be carried off which will never happen if it were King, Queen, Dolfamingo, Jack etc. or Tama being able to tank Ulti attack. Hence why I said Oda has a terrible sense at scaling characters.
And everyone is telling you they're different characters. Durr, hello. Zoro doesn't have the durability of Franky so he had him block the bullets, would he not eat him alive if they fought? All these people are telling you to pay attention and this thread is just you saying nuh uh

Hiatus x Hiatus, with the pages of text, less than half as many chapters written in twice as much time, and yet still finding room to give certain characters bullshit?

I might not have finished it, but even I know that Hunter x Hunter isn't even nearly as ambitious as One Piece in the sheer variety of power tiers available. It shouldn't even count.
Are you on drugs?

Hunter x Hunter in 390 chapters has much more quality content than One Piece will ever produce in its 1500+ chapter entirety.