Current Events Official Translation: It’s Zorover

oh now u wanna change goalposts huh
still dont wanna accept the L
What a loser
" gucci " my ass
Zoro low diffs Lucci
There your internet W champ
On what basis is this hurting Zoro's character ?
Zoro is the guy that scolds his captain and his crew for not taking things seriously enough, and apparently he was playing around with his opponent for dozen of chapters while his crew is in danger and everyone was trying to escape. Sanji even points it out with the deadweight comment.
if you only care about powerscaling, there's no issue i guess

first it was
" koh zoro will postpone gucci "
then " it wasn't a low diff , it was a mid diff "
then " this actually hurts zoro's character "

the copium is crazy , they dont wanna accept that they are fuckin retards
When downplaying Zoro's feats doesn't go their way, they hide behind "muh karaktah". Like Oda has been spoon feeding you this stalling gimmick for 5 arcs back to back, and you still don't get it lmao.

Zoro's character is fine :steef:
Post automatically merged:

Zoro low diffs Lucci
There your internet W champ

Zoro is the guy that scolds his captain and his crew for not taking things seriously enough, and apparently he was playing around with his opponent for dozen of chapters while his crew is in danger and everyone was trying to escape. Sanji even points it out with the deadweight comment.
Of course he took it serious. That's why HE was the one to keep lucci at bay and not sanji, when they were both there.

"Why did the fictional character that doesn't have a will of it's own, not beat Lucci from the get go?" Maybe, just maybe it's because Oda has a story to tell and it's not all about Zoro beating people.

Somehow people become ignorant when it comes to Zoro.

Last edited:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
He's always been using literally the least amount of power required after the timeskip vs antagonists. It's evident and closely linked with Mihawk's philosophy and teachings.

He never tries to be flashy unless required after postimeskip and has always held back.

Dismissed Hozukyu as fodder and told him to stay away.
1 sword vs Hordy.
1 sword vs Monet.
Santoryu and toying with Pica until required to do so or when his friends were in danger, in which case he pulled out 2 high level/ secret techniques.
Only took Wano seriously since the stakes in place were kind of insane.

What Zoro says to Luffy isn't to do with power usage, if it was he would have insisted luffy to use gear 4th and end everyone that came before Doflamingo.
It's the fact the Luffy is goofing around and making jokes, while Zoro himself got caught off guard by the Whisky brothers in the new world.

He's yelling at Luffy not to drop his guard or be taken by surprise.

In Egghead, he trusts Luffy and Sanjino to take care of things. He knows Luffy is where Saturn is via haki, but I guess he shouldn't have trusted Sanjino to take care of Vegapunk.

He's always been using literally the least amount of power required after the timeskip vs antagonists. It's evident and closely linked with Mihawk's philosophy and teachings.

He never tries to be flashy unless required after postimeskip and has always held back.

Dismissed Hozukyu as fodder and told him to stay away.
1 sword vs Hordy.
1 sword vs Monet.
Santoryu and toying with Pica until required to do so or when his friends were in danger, in which case he pulled out 2 high level/ secret techniques.
Only took Wano seriously since the stakes in place were kind of insane.

What Zoro says to Luffy isn't to do with power usage, if it was he would have insisted luffy to use gear 4th and end everyone that came before Doflamingo.
It's the fact the Luffy is goofing around and making jokes, while Zoro himself got caught off guard by the Whisky brothers in the new world.

He's yelling at Luffy not to drop his guard or be taken by surprise.

In Egghead, he trusts Luffy and Sanjino to take care of things. He knows Luffy is where Saturn is via haki, but I guess he shouldn't have trusted Sanjino to take care of Vegapunk.
For most fights that aren't the Lucci ones it makes sense as most of the time there's no need for him to hurry (like against Hyouzou everyone was having an easy time against the fishmen and Luffy was taking care of Noah)
Thing is, in this case the objective is to escape and his crew is literally waiting for Zoro (hence why they sent Jinbe get him) to come back to go, if he's supposed to be the first mate of the crew it makes him look like a bad one.
Heck a few chapters ago Zoro himself was telling Lucci that he's in a hurry.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
For most fights that aren't the Lucci ones it makes sense as most of the time there's no need for him to hurry (like against Hyouzou everyone was heavy an easy time against the fishmen and Luffy was taking care of Noah)
Thing is, in this case the objective is to escape and his crew is literally waiting for Zoro (hence why they sent Jinbe get him) to come back to go, if he's supposed to be the first mate of the crew it makes him look like a bad one.
Zoro doesn't even know what's going on? They need to escape but Zoro has no communication with them.

Only Jinbei carries that transmission dial and he overhears this chapter hence finishing the fight off.

Trusting your crewmates to take care of things isn't bad lmao. They might get hurt and get a few bulbs I.e. Even Robin got hurt because he didn't take Monet serious. But she survived.

Likewise he knows that Saturn was on this island, but he knows that Luffy is there to take care of things. He's not going to babysit the whole crew every single day.

Zoro doesn't even know what's going on? They need to escape but Zoro has no communication with them nor does he know what's going on.

Only Jinbei carries that transmission dial and he overhears this chapter hence finishing the fight off.

Trusting your crewmates to take care of things isn't bad lmao. They might get hurt and get a few bulbs I.e. Even Robin got hurt because he didn't take Monet serious. But she survived.

Likewise he knows that Saturn was on this island, but he knows that Luffy is there to take care of things. He's not going to babysit the whole crew every single day.
That's fair but Zoro himself stated that he was in a hurry a few chapters ago and expressed the wish of wanting to wrap this up :

This stallfest simply doesn't make sense if he's able to end it so easily.

I blame Oda's hackery more than anything though, as this fight was more of a plot device to keep the character busy til the Gorosei arrive.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
That's fair but Zoro himself stated that he was in a hurry a few chapters ago and expressed the wish of wanting to wrap this up :

This stallfest simply doesn't make sense if he's able to end it so easily.
The writing was contradictory. He tells him he's in a hurry and then in the next instance "you're not the one in control of the fight"

I blame Oda's hackery more than anything though, as this fight was more of a plot device to keep the character busy til the Gorosei arrive.
Yep. He was just a stall device so Zoro was out of the picture. Or else Vegapunk won't die that easily.