Future Events One of the new Emperors is a former Warlord

yes. Trafalgar Law.

difference is blackbeard ran away with his tail between his legs and never fully engaged whitebeard to the death
while kid and law didn't run, faced death and won

what they did is more impressive than what blackbeard did
Kid and Law's feat is near unparalleled. The only people who've ever done something like that, at least to our knowledge, is Luffy when he beat Kaido, and Roger/Garp beating Xebec.

Teach needed to prove himself because the strongest person he beat at that point was Ace, and he couldn't even kill a dying WB by himself.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Kid and Law's feat is near unparalleled. The only people who've ever done something like that, at least to our knowledge, is Luffy when he beat Kaido, and Roger/Garp beating Xebec.

Teach needed to prove himself because the strongest person he beat at that point was Ace, and he couldn't even kill a dying WB by himself.
Like getting more than one OP devil's fruits, shaking the entire island of MF, and fighting on equal grounds with Sengoku while having multiple YC level followers isn't enough to prove he is a top-tier.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I mean mind you, nobody even knew who teach was until shortly after the alabasta arc
It doesn't matter, honestly. Teach already gained fame as soon as he defeated Ace. He then went on to play a pivotal role in killing WB—and took his fruit—which is what makes him so scary in the first place—and then fought the fleet admiral to a stalemate. That is enough to put him at the top of the world. It didn't take people long to decide he was going to be the next Yonko. The likes of Chinjao and Shanks even acknowledge him as the potential PK candidate.

It doesn't matter, honestly. Teach already gained fame as soon as he defeated Ace. He then went on to play a pivotal role in killing WB—and took his fruit—which is what makes him so scary in the first place—and then fought the fleet admiral to a stalemate. That is enough to put him at the top of the world. It didn't take people long to decide he was going to be the next Yonko. The likes of Chinjao and Shanks even acknowledge him as the potential PK candidate.
I don't think he fought sengoku for very long. He also didn't do anything against WB that fodder couldn't do. Yes, he was obviously a major candidate, but its clear that alone wasn't enough to convince people he was emperor.

imo the fact that Teach wasn't initially confirmed as emperor makes it hard for me to see any shichibukai becoming emperor. Like people keep saying buggy's going to do it, but as it stands, buggy has the same amount of territory as Kid. One island.

Nobody has anything more than one island and I don't think anyone got a bunch of territory during the events of wano. Mihawk doesn't want it, neither does weevil, neither does hancock, and buggy is too cowardly to pick fights with the yonko.

I don't think territory is going to determine who's going to be the next emperor. I think its simple, the worst gen captains overthrow the emperors, therefore they will replace them and probably steal their territory. The WG sees this, and makes them emeprors. The only reason you couldn't make the same assumption for teach is, like I said, he was yet to fully prove himself.

Croc and Hancock are the most probable if one of the new emperor is from the Shicibukai imo
And maybe Buggy, through people overestimating him
Weevil only seeks destruction
Mihawk doesn't seems to be interested, but he could have a change of hearts I guess
Moria is just too weak
Doffy is in jail
Kuma... well it will be a plot twist if the Gov used him for that instead of using him as a horse for the Celestial Dragons

So when mihawk not named a emperor next chapter an Law/Kid/Luffy are, can we officially stop claiming he’s comparable to shanks….
Yeah because a 1-man show would totally ever be named a yonko.. Has nothing to do with individual strength and I am pretty sure you know that. If not reread Marineford and Wano. Marineford put him up there with the admirals by the way people reacted and the timing of taking turns against Luffy/Whitebeard or general power display. Wano portrays his haki as at least arguably top 5.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Feel like neither Law nor Kidd will be recognized as a legitimate yonko in the mainstream unless they will manage to conquer enough territory

Maybe they created an alliance. They know that Marines will go after them and Marines just got stronger with SSG. Possibly Mihawk, Croc, Boa, Buggy and maybe Weevil formed an alliance.

Its crazy how some people think Buggy cant become a Emperor because of strengt, after he become a Warlord it was clear that he would get a final fall-up, he didnt become a Warlord because he was strong, but because he is legendary in the verse.

-Former Roger Pirates;
-"Brother" to Shanks;
-Mastermind behind the biggest breakout of Impel Down;
-Fighted in the Marineford War;
-Have thousands of subordinates and most likely some territories in the NW;
-Seems to have taken a big part of the Underworld market after Doffy fall;
-Was able to push back the Navy after they try to capture him.

We know some of those are real, some not, yet to someone in the OP verse, he is one of the biggest active pirates and have a much bigger reputation and influence than Kid and Law. The ideia that by defeating BM Kid and Law would become Emperors make no sense, and that was made clear after we discover that Teach become a Emperor a year after he killed WB, after he had taken control over mostly of WB territory, grow his influencer in the NW and had finally defeated Marco and the others.

It's pretty much confirmed at least 1 ex-Shichibukai will become a Yonko, if we include Law.

That's 2 Emperors who used to be Shichibukai with BB. The WG knows how to pick them :milaugh:

The ideia that by defeating BM Kid and Law would become Emperors make no sense, and that was made clear after we discover that Teach become a Emperor a year after he killed WB, after he had taken control over mostly of WB territory, grow his influencer in the NW and had finally defeated Marco and the others.
The difference is that Kid and Law fought Big Mom in a battle and defeated her. WB fought an entire war and then Teach showed up when he was dying, cried like a bitch, and had his whole crew gang up on him.
What Teach did in MF was incomparable to Kid and Law vs Big Mom.

In any case, Buggy has as much territory as Kid. They both only have one island. The next emperors aren't going to be determined by territory because nobody has had time to conquer kaido/big mom's territory since the captains have fallen.