Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGKONGGUN15

The Soul King
One Piece - Chapter 974
Title: Onward to Onigashima

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
Bato to --> https://bato.to/chapter/1416400

Viz: MangaPlus
Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!

Last edited:
A bit disappointed that the Denjiro and Hyory sheneningan is not a swordsmanship skill :sighting:

Everytime we see Orochi and Kaido together, we see that they talk to each other as equals. I have a hard time believing that it is only thanks for money. Note that Kaido did not order Orochi to kill the remaining Kozuki, he asked. He asked it as a favor:quest:

To think that Kanjuro can actually draw is the biggest twist of the chapter :eeke::eeke:

Kinemon cutting Kanjuro clone’s head, reminded me of Kyros vs Dofla
I also feel sad for Kinemon. He knew that there was a traitor among them but he did not have the strength to investigate :ronalugh:

So I guess Zoro will save Momonosuke and Hyory. And Momo will be the on ending Orochi with a « Sunachi »:bamathink:

I guess that next week we will have a flashback that will explained how Kidd joined the alliance and the end of act 3:hope::watchout:

Very good chapter.

While it was expectable, Kanjuro being the traitor was still a nicely done twist. It explains how the Beast Pirates knew about the return of the scabbards and Momo, how they located Zou and why Kanjuro stayed in Dressrosa and wasn't turned into a toy by Sugar.

The alliance looks really badass but they don't know yet what they're really up against.
I like the design of these Beast Pirates ships, this makes me want even more to see Kaido's flagship.

Very good chapter.

While it was expectable, Kanjuro being the traitor was still a nicely done twist. It explains how the Beast Pirates knew about the return of the scabbards and Momo, how they located Zou and why Kanjuro stayed in Dressrosa and wasn't turned into a toy by Sugar.

The alliance looks really badass but they don't know yet what they're really up against.
I like the design of these Beast Pirates ships, this makes me want even more to see Kaido's flagship.
I thought its jack ship looking by design

I had the feeling that no matter who the traitor was, there would be huge logic holes and inconsistencies. Lo and behold, there were.

How did Kanjuro know that Raizo had definitively made it to Zou when he himself ended up on Dressrosa with no way of locating Raizo? Also, why did he not spill the beans about the ankle tattoo in the first place?

This whole ‘hurr durr s/he was just acting!’ is getting old and cliche. Oh well, not like the flashback gave us any reason to be emotionally invested in the Scabbards. Just glad that the plot can finally move on and the Supernova trio are back in action again.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
- After reading the full chapter, I'm more certain that Kanjuro is irredeemable. He's emotionally disengaged to the point that he's unaware of any true self identity. He'll act his role to the point that it consumes him. He wouldn't have cared if he died a scabbard or not as long as he carried out a service for the koruzumi clan. There're no holes or cracks in his psyche for a redemption arc, unlike Pudding for example.

This character archetype is ripe for comeuppance in the worst way imaginable.

- Where's Shinobu? She seems to have vanised into thin air :zorothink:

- The Supernova lads grand entrance was well executed. The sea is for pirates not samurai. Game on! Who will be able to avoid Kaido's secret weapon. What secret weapon you ask? This of course...
DEM LONG LEGS BOI:yasu:

Great Chapter, and Kidd didn't ally with SHs. They simply are competing to, who gets to kill Kaidou first.

Kanjuro twist was a good one, yes many predicted it but that still doesn't make it bad. What could be considered the flaw here is, how Kanjuro acted when Oden died, if i remember correctly everyone wete moaning his death. Also, it would have been better, if Kanjuro had personal reasons for betraying Oden, instead he turns out to be psychopath who is delivering some performance. If he had a personal somewhat explanatory reason for betrayal he would have been considered one of the good written characters, he doesn't make the mark now.

The SHs and others arriving gives damn feels whn RS have been utterly betrayed and were in completely hopeless situation. We might get a flashback, on what saved the alliance and their ships.

Also Ls to those that kept sayin Kidd n Law won't be playing major role in this war.
Fans should read Punk Hazard to remind emself how Oda drew Law when he first got introduced Post ts.
And Kidd was always the most imp SNs, one can expect great feats from all 3 of em this arc since their main target/fight is Kaidou itself. Especially Luffy n Kidd they will be heroes of this arc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.