One Piece Chapter 1,073: "Miss Buckingham Stussy"

Rate ?

• Total voters
Thoughts on Stussy (and interpretation of the current situation on Egghead):

Back in WCI there was firstly Du Feld, who noted that Stussy must be truly old by now (being young decades ago). In fact, Stussy’s age is a mystery. And seeing as she get’s angry regarding this matter, she must be very old – at last her real age is not mirrowed by her beautiful exterior, because she looks very young. It makes me wonder if she is actually immortal in some way.

It would fit how Oda is portraying her with all the attributes of a vampire. I strongly think that it was this `uniqueness´ that made the world not accepting towards her, as the letter of Vegapunk read. And all I want to know is, to what extend Oda applies those vampire-like abilities and qualities to her: Does she have to drink blood on a regular basis? Is she able to heal from a fatal wound or walk on walls or ceilings? Is she able to transfer her vampire-abilities if she bites someone (Oh please Oda: I want to have a flying, blood sucking, square giraffe!!!)?

In my opinion Stussy is a character whose allegiance I cannot really put at the moment. She obviously is with Vegapunk. But than - why not choose a moment to strike Lucci and Kaku down that is more convenient for everyone to act upon her alliance? I mean, Luffy had beaten Lucci unconscious for a few moments earlier. She could have acted upon this opportunity. She did not. And it was also her, who contacted the navy. If I was in her shoes and on Vegapunk’s side, I would have not contacted anyone from the WG, knowing they could very well act upon that important information, which Akainu did and contacted Kizaru immediately in return. Kizaru now knows what will await him on Egghead and is now preparing for it (ordering as many battle ships to the island as possible). No real ally would knowingly play into the hands of the enemy if said ally knew their friend would ask her for help in the near future. She is making things worse for Vegapunk with this behavior.

Also something bothers me about the general picture Oda is giving us of her character. Saying that - did you notice how she is not only pictured as mysterious, but also gives me a somewhat oppressing feeling? – Her constant smile is somehow unnerving. And she is in my opinion hiding something behind that smile. Look at how she has more than once gone behind people’s backs (Du Feld, Lucci/Kaku). If I would describe her, I would say – she is as slippery as an eel. This makes her unpredictable in my opinion. We do not know what side she has choosen. I mean, look at the current situation. She could have just helped Vegapunk, because he has asked her and it is made so obvious in the manga that she must be on Vegapunk’s side. She even called him back, saying she has stopped Lucci and Kaku. But she also could have just followed through with Akainu’s order to CP0 to not engage the SHP. So, she stopped her collegues in time, because Lucci was again rushing things and even destroying the Labo (-they had orders to not break anything in the lab.). If I were in her shoes and on the side of the WG, I would act the same, then hide behind that pretty smile of mine until I would strike from the back again. What I want to say is: She could also be a double agent at the time, which I’m pretty sure she is. She would just have to play her role and make sure the Sunny does not leave the port before Kizaru arrives.

Anyway, if she is on Vegapunk’s side or on the one of the WG - for both options there are pros and cons:

Option Vegapunk: She is born through Vegapunk’s experiments, so she is his daughter in a way. That means she must at least have some sort of personal connection with him. Even if the world didn’t recognize her existence, Vegapunk did always. But allying with him also means she is going to be pursued by the WG and has to go into hiding.

Option WG: On the other side, if she decided to side with the WG here, she could very well live her life on as she has done up until now. And look at how she is actually enjoying it (wedding party with Big Mom). She is living life to the fullest and she would not be able to do so, if she followed Vegapunk. She is in fact now accepted by the WG at last and I don’t know how much this matters to her. But that also means she has to betray her father.

The real question of this chapter is, if she is an ally of Vegapunk or working for the Word Government as a double agent.

The Tamate box was a secret treasure that no one knows the history of.

Probably those energy steroids are a medicine from the ancient kingdom tho
It makes you older, you can see it on the One Piece wiki.
Post automatically merged:

Back in WCI there was firstly Du Feld, who noted that Stussy must be truly old by now (being young decades ago). In fact, Stussy’s age is a mystery. And seeing as she get’s angry regarding this matter, she must be very old – at last her real age is not mirrowed by her beautiful exterior, because she looks very young. It makes me wonder if she is actually immortal in some way.

It would fit how Oda is portraying her with all the attributes of a vampire. I strongly think that it was this `uniqueness´ that made the world not accepting towards her, as the letter of Vegapunk read. And all I want to know is, to what extend Oda applies those vampire-like abilities and qualities to her: Does she have to drink blood on a regular basis? Is she able to heal from a fatal wound or walk on walls or ceilings? Is she able to transfer her vampire-abilities if she bites someone (Oh please Oda: I want to have a flying, blood sucking, square giraffe!!!)?

In my opinion Stussy is a character whose allegiance I cannot really put at the moment. She obviously is with Vegapunk. But than - why not choose a moment to strike Lucci and Kaku down that is more convenient for everyone to act upon her alliance? I mean, Luffy had beaten Lucci unconscious for a few moments earlier. She could have acted upon this opportunity. She did not. And it was also her, who contacted the navy. If I was in her shoes and on Vegapunk’s side, I would have not contacted anyone from the WG, knowing they could very well act upon that important information, which Akainu did and contacted Kizaru immediately in return. Kizaru now knows what will await him on Egghead and is now preparing for it (ordering as many battle ships to the island as possible). No real ally would knowingly play into the hands of the enemy if said ally knew their friend would ask her for help in the near future. She is making things worse for Vegapunk with this behavior.

Also something bothers me about the general picture Oda is giving us of her character. Saying that - did you notice how she is not only pictured as mysterious, but also gives me a somewhat oppressing feeling? – Her constant smile is somehow unnerving. And she is in my opinion hiding something behind that smile. Look at how she has more than once gone behind people’s backs (Du Feld, Lucci/Kaku). If I would describe her, I would say – she is as slippery as an eel. This makes her unpredictable in my opinion. We do not know what side she has choosen. I mean, look at the current situation. She could have just helped Vegapunk, because he has asked her and it is made so obvious in the manga that she must be on Vegapunk’s side. She even called him back, saying she has stopped Lucci and Kaku. But she also could have just followed through with Akainu’s order to CP0 to not engage the SHP. So, she stopped her collegues in time, because Lucci was again rushing things and even destroying the Labo (-they had orders to not break anything in the lab.). If I were in her shoes and on the side of the WG, I would act the same, then hide behind that pretty smile of mine until I would strike from the back again. What I want to say is: She could also be a double agent at the time, which I’m pretty sure she is. She would just have to play her role and make sure the Sunny does not leave the port before Kizaru arrives.

Anyway, if she is on Vegapunk’s side or on the one of the WG - for both options there are pros and cons:

Option Vegapunk: She is born through Vegapunk’s experiments, so she is his daughter in a way. That means she must at least have some sort of personal connection with him. Even if the world didn’t recognize her existence, Vegapunk did always. But allying with him also means she is going to be pursued by the WG and has to go into hiding.

Option WG: On the other side, if she decided to side with the WG here, she could very well live her life on as she has done up until now. And look at how she is actually enjoying it (wedding party with Big Mom). She is living life to the fullest and she would not be able to do so, if she followed Vegapunk. She is in fact now accepted by the WG at last and I don’t know how much this matters to her. But that also means she has to betray her father.

The real question of this chapter is, if she is an ally of Vegapunk or working for the Word Government as a double agent.
Vegapunk's ally, my dude... So do not get your hopes too high. :josad:

Last edited:
How strong do you guys think the Gorosei are? I really hope Saint Jegarcia Saturn does more than just command the Seraphim, it would make a lot of sense for him to be a very strong opponent and would raise the stakes quite a bit too.

Man i don't understand how some fans come to the conclusion that s hawk pushed zoro back lol
It's the complete opposite for the love of God...
Anyway zoro's physical strength is off limits as always but i hope s hawk to grow up and have an epic duel with zoro.
It is very interesting that Seraphim's are actually humans and i really want them to break free from the mind control and have them as the protectors later in the story.
Stussy was amazing 🤩 enough said.
Aramaki's W shouldn't be overlooked because weevil's strength is the real deal, of course this W doesn't mean that aramaki would beat a yonko.
If marco tries to help he will get caught as well lol but he is a nice dude, so he might go.
Now the best part of the chapter is Saturn. In the previous chapters i was under the impression that kizaru has Seraphims or a hostage to deal with the strawhats but no i was wrong....
It is an old man sitting on a chair and drinking his tea lol
Kizaru with Saturn on his ship is confident that THEY will stop a yonko with his crew lol.
Fantastic chapter 5 stars

Okay I'll give my bad Theory a shot by all the things people already said about Saturn this is what I put together.

Why did they send Saturn to deal with the egghead Situation specifically? Saturn was a God in the ancient Roman Religion, and the Greek equivalent of Saturn was Cronus or "Chronos" (time).

:saturn:

If we assume this dude has some kind of time Power / ability you can spin this further and look at the scene in Chapter 1073 where Luffy wonders where Vegapunks main body went all of a sudden given Luffy couldn't even sense him with his observation haki could imply that when Bonney touched Kumas bubble-memories she and Vegapunk both got sucked into another dimension to witness Kumas backstory. We already have some devil fruits that open up variations of dimensions. The door door fruit of Blueno, the mirror world of brulee, pocket pocket fruit, even blackbeards dark dimension and caribous swamp thing. If the World Government knew that Dr. Vegapunk could create and enter such dimensions with kumas Powers as a back-up measure, this guy Saturn could have the ability to follow them and finish the task in killing him.

"If" everything I said previously happens and even luffy couldn't sense them because they might be in a different dimension right now...we know one Person that is on egghead now who can.

Who saw Film Red knows that a specific duo used their observation Haki to communicate through dimensions !!! Usopp will navigate them to safety with his haki

Your time as Captain is up Luffy, Usopp about to emerge in this arc and that won't even be his final Power Up. Elbaf still will give him additional Powers

:steef::pepecopium::pepebusi:

Thats all I had to say.

Interesting take on Stussy's situation, made me revise some of my thoughts.
I still believe Stussy will end up on a good side, but she is really similar to Robin for me, and even Nami in the very beginning was somewhat antagonistic to the crew (albeit for noble reasons and Arlong basically kept everyone hostage), so I can see a theme of female nakama not becoming ones until their redemption arc?

Okay I'll give my bad Theory a shot by all the things people already said about Saturn this is what I put together.

Why did they send Saturn to deal with the egghead Situation specifically? Saturn was a God in the ancient Roman Religion, and the Greek equivalent of Saturn was Cronus or "Chronos" (time).

:saturn:

If we assume this dude has some kind of time Power / ability you can spin this further and look at the scene in Chapter 1073 where Luffy wonders where Vegapunks main body went all of a sudden given Luffy couldn't even sense him with his observation haki could imply that when Bonney touched Kumas bubble-memories she and Vegapunk both got sucked into another dimension to witness Kumas backstory. We already have some devil fruits that open up variations of dimensions. The door door fruit of Blueno, the mirror world of brulee, pocket pocket fruit, even blackbeards dark dimension and caribous swamp thing. If the World Government knew that Dr. Vegapunk could create and enter such dimensions with kumas Powers as a back-up measure, this guy Saturn could have the ability to follow them and finish the task in killing him.

"If" everything I said previously happens and even luffy couldn't sense them because they might be in a different dimension right now...we know one Person that is on egghead now who can.

Who saw Film Red knows that a specific duo used their observation Haki to communicate through dimensions !!! Usopp will navigate them to safety with his haki

Your time as Captain is up Luffy, Usopp about to emerge in this arc and that won't even be his final Power Up. Elbaf still will give him additional Powers

:steef::pepecopium::pepebusi:

Thats all I had to say.

Blind fanboyism

With Lucci and Kaku out, Vegapunk has control over the Seraphims again. Clearly, Saturn Gorosei is here to override that order to raise the stakes once more. Garcia possibly anticipated that the scientist would turn against them. In addition, the marines of G-7 are heading that way as well. In that universe, old people are extremely strong