Status
Not open for further replies.
Usopp aka Mr Irrelevant haha
I think how Oda is doing it is (outside Luffy)

Dressrosa: Usopp's arc to shine
WCI: Sanji's Arc to shine
Wano: Zoro's Arc to shine
Usopp was a significant character in Dressrosa, but Elbaf should be the one arc where he get's most focus :goyea:

As usual though the M3 never go out of the top 5 SH's in terms of panel time in the arcs they are part of :finally:

It'll be interesting to see what the end result is. Im sure Kaido will be 2 or 3 by the end (assuming the final fight is long/brutal). Linlin will shoot up too depending in if she's fighting or not. Most of the strawhats should surpass the scabbards once battles start too, since the scabbards are out of commission for now
Kaido cannot be 2 as Zoro's panel time will keep increasing too alongside with him. He'll probably end up as 3rd imo.

As Expected Oda thrives off Fan Speculations and debates between Fandoms. Nothing is ever clear cut for a reason.

Source: Greg Werner - Shueisha & Toei Animations Columnist responding to Fan Questions.

Question: Asked what is the relationship betw Shanks and Mihawk
I feel like all series do this at some level it’s a good way to keep people interested But because one piece is so big it’s gonna take years to find out the answers we want to know

Also Oda will probably never directly answer some questions like “who’s stronger Mihawk or shanks”
Post automatically merged:

Usopp aka Mr Irrelevant haha
I think how Oda is doing it is (outside Luffy)

All of this is prefacing solely on my own opinion

Dressrosa: Usopp's arc to shine
WCI: Sanji's Arc to shine
Wano: Zoro's Arc to shine
Ussops arc will be Elbaf imo

I feel like all series do this at some level it’s a good way to keep people interested But because one piece is so big it’s gonna take years to find out the answers we want to know

Also Oda will probably never directly answer some questions like “who’s stronger Mihawk or shanks”
You bet he would never. This is why he continues the Zoro-Sanji rivalry. 90% of the readers including myself believe Zoro to clearly be the stronger of the two but there are still others who do debate on that topic. All these techniques keep the fandom alive.

We have no idea if Elbaf is going to happen, it's just speculation, but if it does I dont think he'll shine like he did in DressRosa.

Usopp was literally the main reason the GrandFleet formed, gonna be tough to outshine that and turned all the toys back to normal too
Ussopp always mentions elbaf as his entire character Is about being brave something the giants embody like he mentioned in little garden

It's well known that "Unanswered questions" is a big reason to why a lot of the 18+ part of the fandom who are the majority are so invested in the story. If he was to reveal everything tomorrow it would damage the manga
An unrelated Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word

"A weasel word, or anonymous authority, is an informal term for words and phrases aimed at creating an impression that something specific and meaningful has been said, when in fact only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated. Examples include the phrases "some people say", "most people think", and "researchers believe." Using weasel words may allow one to later deny any specific meaning if the statement is challenged, because the statement was never specific in the first place. Weasel words can be a form of tergiversation, and may be used in advertising and political statements to mislead or disguise a biased view. "

Side note, Which Yonko are they encountering in Elbaff. BB or Shanks, definitely has to be one of them, im assuming shanks based of Oda's previous post about them.

If Usopp shines more in Elbaff (assuming it happens) then in Dressrosa (in which he makes a bigger impact), then ill def admit to being wrong.

In terms of character development that's more probable, but in terms of overall impact i dont see it happening. Again, just my opinion

An unrelated Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word

"A weasel word, or anonymous authority, is an informal term for words and phrases aimed at creating an impression that something specific and meaningful has been said, when in fact only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated. Examples include the phrases "some people say", "most people think", and "researchers believe." Using weasel words may allow one to later deny any specific meaning if the statement is challenged, because the statement was never specific in the first place. Weasel words can be a form of tergiversation, and may be used in advertising and political statements to mislead or disguise a biased view. "
Hmm?
It is proven that roughly 90% of OP readers are 18+.
You don't need any" weasel words" for that, I can show you the official poll (from Japanese TV) as evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.