rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda's reason for Kidd being able to bypass Kaidou's durability by simply slamming him to the ground = he's Luffy's rival. Cringing at everything Kidd is doing rn, it not only defeats everything Luffy and Zoro worked for, but it makes Kaidou look like an absolute gimmick. Years of buildup for some mediocre gear 3rd level force to get to Kaidou. I get the idea behind brute force and no limits fallacy, but at least make the threshold higher, like a KKG level of force required, his moves look like generic wrestling moves at best rn. For as creative as Oda can get, he is as basic as it gets when it comes to battle tactics. I was curious how Oda would handle Kidd in this fight, because we know what Luffy, Zoro, Law can do to deal with Kaidou, disappointed with his answer to that which was, "he can damage him because he is on their level" great...
if you dont think a giant robot suplexing a dragon is cool youre not a real man

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
You are assuming that his robot is gear 3rd level he used it together with luffy when he transformed that was oda's way of saying that's kidd's version of gear 4
It really doesn't make much of a difference. Because G4 itself was useless despite how much force it packs, we saw that in act 1.

I brought up G3 because all Kidd did was bodyslam Kaidou to the ground, this is the same dude that was introduced shrugging off falling into the ground from 10000 meters up in base form. Now the ground is apparently hurting him in zoan with what visually looks like mediocre force compared to that massive fall.

No effort to show his attack's force on the surroundings either, something like this would have sufficed

Unless the ground at the top of Onigashima is made of adamantine Kidd's attack did jack all, if his level of force can damage Kaidou, Moriah could put Kaidou into a coma. Like I said if Oda wants to go with the brute force route with Kidd, atleast make an effort to make his attacks look visually impressive, there needs to be destruction on a massive scale. This is just lazy.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
It really doesn't make much of a difference. Because G4 itself was useless despite how much force it packs, we saw that in act 1.

I brought up G3 because all Kidd did was bodyslam Kaidou to the ground, this is the same dude that was introduced shrugging off falling into the ground from 10000 meters up in base form. Now the ground is apparently hurting him in zoan with what visually looks like mediocre force compared to that massive fall.

No effort to show his attack's force on the surroundings either, something like this would have sufficed

Unless the ground at the top of Onigashima is made of adamantine Kidd's attack did jack all, if his level of force can damage Kaidou, Moriah could put Kaidou into a coma. Like I said if Oda wants to go with the brute force route with Kidd, atleast make an effort to make his attacks look visually impressive, there needs to be destruction on a massive scale. This is just lazy.
G4 was innefective before but its not anymore since luffy's attacks are clearly working now,and the ground can't break that way or they would fall down below.

He literally told the SNs to come and then just stood there but with zoro's attack he was told to dodge,don't be mad just cause sanji isn't looking good right now.
When did I mention Sanji? I know he doesn't belong on the roof. I also know that Zoro will have his time to shine in this battle, and I think it will come down to him and Luffy. But this is obviously not his big moment. Not every chapter has to be a Zoro chapter. So far he has the least feats of anyone on the roof. That's obviously going to change, but let's be realistic about it. And if you really want to convince me, actually post the panel where Kaido dodges. To be honest, I'm not even trying to down play Zoro. Your version is an L for Zoro because he wasn't able to hit Kaido if he tries to dodge. Dodging is part of every battle, and if Kaido can just avoid Zoro's attacks, then this isn't going to go well. Personally, I think it's better for Zoro if Kaido didn't dodge, because that would mean he just still has to master Emma, which he will do before the end of the battle. If a target as big as Kaido in punching bag form can easily avoid his attacks, that's a bigger L.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
When did I mention Sanji? I know he doesn't belong on the roof. I also know that Zoro will have his time to shine in this battle, and I think it will come down to him and Luffy. But this is obviously not his big moment. Not every chapter has to be a Zoro chapter. So far he has the least feats of anyone on the roof. That's obviously going to change, but let's be realistic about it. And if you really want to convince me, actually post the panel where Kaido dodges. To be honest, I'm not even trying to down play Zoro. Your version is an L for Zoro because he wasn't able to hit Kaido if he tries to dodge. Dodging is part of every battle, and if Kaido can just avoid Zoro's attacks, then this isn't going to go well. Personally, I think it's better for Zoro if Kaido didn't dodge, because that would mean he just still has to master Emma, which he will do before the end of the battle. If a target as big as Kaido in punching bag form can easily avoid his attacks, that's a bigger L.
Again zoro's attack was the only one dangerous enough for kaido to dodge,i'm sry sanji isn't doing good but oda warned us when he said sanji would never be cool again. Downplaying zoro isn't gonna make sanji look any better.

ZORO: "ONE SWORD STY--"

An even better chapter than the last!

Oda really bled on the pages with the art, it encapsulates the intensity of the fight well.
Zoro and Luffy had some really fierce looks this chapter, here are a few!

Zoro looks really beastly here, I like how Oda split the panel between him and Kaido

Especially after this chapter, Killer has just as much right to be up top as Kid and Law, with him edging them out so far in performance. Of course Zoro has the best hype feat so far in the fight. This chapter also makes it like 6 times this arc that Zoro has protected his captain. Really on his Marco shit.

To Zoro Luffy and Killer, the supernova trio
:cheers:

We need a better translation, but how Zoro stated that he needs to unleash more of Enma last chapter, and how Linlin stated it isn't a regular sword and, after his attack, Zoro is actually panting while lamenting on missing suggests that he may be using more haki than he should, in my opinion. Maybe he's panting because he unleashed more of Enma's power (therefore let it drain more of his haki than before), hence why he's a bit tired, and he was angry he missed because he can't allow himself to release too many of those slashes?

We need a better translation, but how Zoro stated that he needs to unleash more of Enma last chapter, and how Linlin stated it isn't a regular sword and, after his attack, Zoro is actually panting while lamenting on missing suggests that he may be using more haki than he should, in my opinion. Maybe he's panting because he unleashed more of Enma's power (therefore let it drain more of his haki than before), hence why he's a bit tired, and he was angry he missed because he can't allow himself to use too many of those slashes?
Similar to G4 Luffy, there needs to be a limit and drawback so Zoro can't spam Enma at full power, otherwise he'd be too strong and he still needs to grow and get stronger past Wano.

Similar to G4 Luffy, there needs to be a limit and drawback so Zoro can't spam Enma at full power, otherwise he'd be too strong and he still needs to grow and get stronger past Wano.
I agree, although I assume he would still have growth margin left even if he mastered Enma by the end of Wano. But it certainly seems suspicious that he was the only fighter there showing tiredeness out of the blue right after missing a slash that got him upset. Won't surprise me if he can only allow himself to perform a limited amount of such threatening slashes before weakening himself both in terms of his haki and physicals.

Again zoro's attack was the only one dangerous enough for kaido to dodge,i'm sry sanji isn't doing good but oda warned us when he said sanji would never be cool again. Downplaying zoro isn't gonna make sanji look any better.
Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Your only defense now is to trash Sanji, who I never even mentioned. Downplaying Sanji isn't going to make Zoro look any better, especially when no one is talking about Sanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.