rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman potentially being Robin behind the mask has gotten me thinking about this page from 1003:

So a few things:

1. If you follow this in "rough" order. You can see that 1004 mainly covered Nami/Usopp dealing with Ulti, Franky fighting Sasaki, and Sanji dealing with Black Maria. This is fundamentally what we got this chapter, leaving Jinbe/Yamato for later (what I assume to be covered in 1005/1006)

2. Chopper, Robin and Brook are left out from this. Not only because of space, but if that WAS Robin (very likely) with Sanji, then this is because Oda didn't want to show what those particular strawhats are doing.

IMO, its because Oda has plans to have Chopper, Robin, and Brook shift the current fights going on.

- Firstly, Nami and Usopp are entirely struggling with just Ulti. Dealing with her brother too seems like overkill. They've also ONLY been exclusively fighting her. As if Page 1 really has nothing to do with trying to kill them. She's the only one trying to attack or has attacked them. This leads me to believe Chopper WILL eventually be involved in this fight. He is part of their weakling trio, and a feel like perfect fit to help them. Oda used them to help deal with Sasaki's subordinates, but they are moving around everywhere, so next could be to Chopper while he's making a vaccine.

- Second, Robin being with Sanji (if true) outright proves that Oda hid Robin to leave it a surprise for this chapter that she is there, or else we would have guessed it beforehand. Her taking over Black Maria, especially after Black Maria and Sanji's comments, make perfect sense now.

- Third, those comments have NOTHING to do with Brook or Brook being involved, which is leading me to believe that Brook went into the mansion to assist Jinbe and take over the WsW fight. Yes, Jinbe has some weird tie to WsW at the moment, but that could potentially be answered pretty soon if means anything. I would be pretty shocked if Brook didn't get anything while everyone else did, especially Robin and Franky.

- Lastly, this would then support Yamato (also framed in the above), Jinbe and Sanji moving on to the Calamity fights. A perfect 3 for 3. Also it takes into the assumption that Yamato is Luffy's 11th, but also powerful enough to handle a commander herself in her fathers crew (or at least a weakened Jack if we are going with that). It also leaves Zoro with Luffy to fight the Yonko. It ALSO leaves the other 3 Supernova (Drake, Apoo and Hawkins) to potentially join that fight to have a true Worst Gen vs Yonko battle.

Granted, I have no idea what is happeing with Orochi, his subordinates, the Numbers, and the Big Mom Pirates, but I do think that based on what we are seeing now, its safe to at least try and make this assumption as a likely possibility on the account that it seems only Strawhats seem to be fighting the Flying 6, and the entire arc is really about the new generation defeating the old, which means I don't believe Marco is facing either King or Queen.
Post automatically merged:

So with Sanji being unable to fight the female enemies, and Luffy, Zoro, and the others being wrapped up in their own fights against Kaido’s forces, looks like Robin will be faced with quite a bit of a struggle, one we can’t just expect someone like Luffy or Kyros to leap into right away.

Thats only if Brook is meant to support, but I'm really starting to think Whos Who will be his. Oda has avoided showing Jinbe fight unlike Franky vs Sasaki (so far), so I wonder if that is because its not really his battle.

The woman potentially being Robin behind the mask has gotten me thinking about this page from 1003:

So a few things:

1. If you follow this in "rough" order. You can see that 1004 mainly covered Nami/Usopp dealing with Ulti, Franky fighting Sasaki, and Sanji dealing with Black Maria. This is fundamentally what we got this chapter, leaving Jinbe/Yamato for later (what I assume to be covered in 1005/1006)

2. Chopper, Robin and Brook are left out from this. Not only because of space, but if that WAS Robin (very likely) with Sanji, then this is because Oda didn't want to show what those particular strawhats are doing.

IMO, its because Oda has plans to have Chopper, Robin, and Brook shift the current fights going on.

- Firstly, Nami and Usopp are entirely struggling with just Ulti. Dealing with her brother too seems like overkill. They've also ONLY been exclusively fighting her. As if Page 1 really has nothing to do with trying to kill them. She's the only one trying to attack or has attacked them. This leads me to believe Chopper WILL eventually be involved in this fight. He is part of their weakling trio, and a feel like perfect fit to help them. Oda used them to help deal with Sasaki's subordinates, but they are moving around everywhere, so next could be to Chopper while he's making a vaccine.

- Second, Robin being with Sanji (if true) outright proves that Oda hid Robin to leave it a surprise for this chapter that she is there, or else we would have guessed it beforehand. Her taking over Black Maria, especially after Black Maria and Sanji's comments, make perfect sense now.

- Third, those comments have NOTHING to do with Brook or Brook being involved, which is leading me to believe that Brook went into the mansion to assist Jinbe and take over the WsW fight. Yes, Jinbe has some weird tie to WsW at the moment, but that could potentially be answered pretty soon if means anything. I would be pretty shocked if Brook didn't get anything while everyone else did, especially Robin and Franky.

- Lastly, this would then support Yamato (also framed in the above), Jinbe and Sanji moving on to the Calamity fights. A perfect 3 for 3. Also it takes into the assumption that Yamato is Luffy's 11th, but also powerful enough to handle a commander herself in her fathers crew (or at least a weakened Jack if we are going with that). It also leaves Zoro with Luffy to fight the Yonko. It ALSO leaves the other 3 Supernova (Drake, Apoo and Hawkins) to potentially join that fight to have a true Worst Gen vs Yonko battle.

Granted, I have no idea what is happeing with Orochi, his subordinates, the Numbers, and the Big Mom Pirates, but I do think that based on what we are seeing now, its safe to at least try and make this assumption as a likely possibility on the account that it seems only Strawhats seem to be fighting the Flying 6, and the entire arc is really about the new generation defeating the old, which means I don't believe Marco is facing either King or Queen.

Thats only if Brook is meant to support, but I'm really starting to think Whos Who will be his. Oda has avoided showing Jinbe fight unlike Franky vs Sasaki (so far), so I wonder if that is because its not really his battle.
Following your logic would result in:King vs Sanji,Queen vs Jinbe,Yamato vs Jack,Marco goes to heal scabbards and protect momo and hyiori/toki.Brook vs WhosWho and Weak trio vs Dino brothers.Apoo,Hawkins and Xdrake go up the dome to fight the Yonko!Elite gifters,Elite Ninja and Numbers can get taken down by Yakuza bosses and other side characters...CP0 can probably call a buster call after the fight is over(arrest BM+KAIDO)!BM pirates will probably show up when the island lands somewhere,Buster call can arrest Kaido and BM pirates can rescue BM+Peros....!

Last edited:
Following your logic would result in:King vs Sanji,Queen vs Jinbe,Yamato vs Jack,Marco goes to heal scabbards and protect momo and hyiori/toki.Brook vs WhosWho and Weak trio vs Dino brothers.Apoo,Hawkins and Xdrake go up the dome to fight the Yonko!Elite gifters,Elite Ninja and Numbers can get taken down by Yakuza bosses and other side characters...CP0 can probably call a buster call after the fight is over(arrest BM+KAIDO)!BM pirates will probably show up when the island lands somewhere...!
Yup, pretty much my thoughts exactly, this is providing Brook isn't with Robin and is towards Jinbe. The scabbards, if they recover, could get decent moments against the Numbers or Orochi's subordinates. I think that is where they will be used next. The only outlier here is the Big Mom Pirates. I'm not entirely sure if they are still showing up or not, but I'd be surprised if they were delayed indefinitely the rest of the arc.

The only other thing that is ambiguous I guess is the relative strength between Sanji and Jinbe and who should fight who, but I definitely want to avoid that argument so right now I'm just rolling with whatever is popular on that front. But, Sanji does apparently have some connection to Queen, but if I'm making exceptions for the Jinbe/WsW connection, then I can do the same for Sanji.

But what about the Lurking Legend?is it Rocks,is it Shiki,is it this alliance the novas are about to crush?Shiki was planning something for 20 years later,will he show up?
Oda said this arc will surprass MarineFord,for this either he makes a master piece with the characters that are already here or this needs to have more factions joining the fight!

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
But what about the Lurking Legend?is it Rocks,is it Shiki,is it this alliance the novas are about to crush?Shiki was planning something for 20 years later,will he show up?
Oda said this arc will surprass MarineFord,for this either he makes a master piece with the characters that are already here or this needs to have more factions joining the fight!
The lurking legend was Im a.k.a rocks d. xebec

Yup, pretty much my thoughts exactly, this is providing Brook isn't with Robin and is towards Jinbe. The scabbards, if they recover, could get decent moments against the Numbers or Orochi's subordinates. I think that is where they will be used next. The only outlier here is the Big Mom Pirates. I'm not entirely sure if they are still showing up or not, but I'd be surprised if they were delayed indefinitely the rest of the arc.

The only other thing that is ambiguous I guess is the relative strength between Sanji and Jinbe and who should fight who, but I definitely want to avoid that argument so right now I'm just rolling with whatever is popular on that front. But, Sanji does apparently have some connection to Queen, but if I'm making exceptions for the Jinbe/WsW connection, then I can do the same for Sanji.
BM pirates can't join the fight because the island is floating on the sky,i think Oda only brought them here to deliver and later rescue BM!I think BM will permanently turn into O-lin after getting defeated by Kidd,this way Oda can't end her part on the Story without killing her!As for Kaido,he either gets killed by Zoro or he gets arrested by CP0 and sent to impel down,both outcomes have some poetic justice.In case he dies,he wanted to anyway,if he gets captured he gets denied his dream,so Oda can do whatever he wants!

The lurking legend was Im a.k.a rocks d. xebec
How can IM be a legend if most people in the OP verse don't about known her/his existance,how did Rocks get to Control the World Gov. by the shadows?Who was Shanks talking about to the Gorosei?
IMO Oda should declare rocks dead somehow and re-introduce Shiki into the plot!

BM pirates can't join the fight because the island is floating on the sky,i think Oda only brought them here to deliver and later rescue BM!I think BM will permanently turn into O-lin after getting defeated by Kidd,this way Oda can't end her part on the Story without killing her!As for Kaido,he either gets killed by Zoro or he gets arrested by CP0 and sent to impel down,both outcomes have some poetic justice.In case he dies,he wanted to anyway,if he gets captured he gets denied his dream,so Oda can do whatever he wants!

Thats only assuming Onigashima doesn't land anytime soon. I don't imagine the island being in the air until the fights end. Theres a big chance the fighting take place on and around the capital too. Oda loves involving the citizens of a country in the battles. I was insinuating they arrive at the mainland of Wano sooner or later, but who knows.

He said the final war was the one that surpasses Marineford not Wano

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Fun chapter.

1003 did seem to be transitioning the focus back to the lower floors. And now we have the palette cleanser from the roof fight, at least for now. Even moreso than the roof chapters, this chapter cements to me even further we're on the decisive battles of the arc. Oda rarely elaborates on Strawhat fights unless they were crucial victories for them, and through CP0, Oda basically told us that these executives are theirs to beat.

The stars were Nami, Usopp, Franky, Tama.

Starting with Tama, I love that she's so proactive in trying to save Wano. She could've stayed and left the fighting to the adults, but if they fail now, then there's no point in staying in Wano where it's "safe." She's very self aware of her ability to convert the Gifters, making her more a legitimate player rather than a plot device. Everything from Acts 1 and 2 are coming together. Gifters that were minor antagonists early on are now allies to the cause. Tama who was the arc damsel at one point is now the x-factor to victory.

Speaking in tandem Nami and Usopp, they are meeting my expectations on how to deal with Ulti and P1. Bewilder them by turn coating their subordinates and making chaos from that. Usopp predictably shoots the dango with his slingshot for maximum effect. This part of the chapter was hilarious.

They're playing the F6 like dang fiddles, and I'm loving every moment of it. Nami even dishing out some nice payback on the Pachy caving her skull in by zapping her to the ground. Nami mentioning she needs more power, however, is a curious bit. Could Zeus come back into play? That would require Linlin to come back. We'll see how Oda approaches that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the roof battle started implicating everyone else. The structure of the island is collapsing, after all. Speaking of the roof top, I can't help but draw parallels between Nami and Usopp working together to Luffy and Zoro working together at the top.

Strongest duo vs Monster siblings
Weakest duo vs Monster siblings

Luffy and Zoro are fighting Linlin and Kaido with all their might and willpower, whereas Nami and Usopp fend off Ulti and P1 using trickery and out of the box tactics.

On the flip side, while the human duo fight brawns with brain, Franky's fighting brawns with brawns. What more can be said, Franky looks like a boss, dealing with Sasaki and his armored squadron, not skipping a beat in the process. Franky's always been one of the most reliable Strawhats. He's consistently building and going the extra mile for the team, like when he advised the samurai to build more ships for the Alliance, maintaining the Sunny over all these arcs, and beating arc opponents that prove troublesome, or are in the way of important tasks, like freeing Robin in Enies Lobby or destroying Doffy's SMILE factory.

No point talking too extensively on Sanji. This is Oda stalling him until his main arc matchup. I wish he had done something different for Sanji, but oh well. On the positive side, he isn't letting himself get distracted by the women, and seems hyper focus on the task at hand. His future task also appears to be heading for Kin'emon and co's current location in order to protect them.

Black Maria name dropping Robin does lean on the two ladies doing battle, and at this point, why deny it? Robin is long overdue for some shine, and it will come sooner rather than later.

This is definitely Robin, and Sanji picked up on it pretty quick, responding to Black Maria not to under-estimate his crew mate. Like he knows she has some scheme at play.

On a final note, Oda decides to leave us with another mystery to compliment last chapter's, and that's the identity of the 10th person with the unconscious Samurai. It's Hiyori, and I'm confident of it. She still has some loose ends that need tying up, such as her desire to kill Orochi, Orochi figuring out Komurasaki and Hiyori are one in the same. Which kinda increases Orochi's chances of survival. Orochi even has some purpose beyond Hiyori. The Samurai he's wanted dead are completely helpless and ready to be killed by anything. Sanji already has his eyes set on protecting them, but maybe this could also be where Momo steps in to defend his vassals.

Thats only assuming Onigashima doesn't land anytime soon. I don't imagine the island being in the air until the fights end. Theres a big chance the fighting take place on and around the capital too. Oda loves involving the citizens of a country in the battles. I was insinuating they arrive at the mainland of Wano sooner or later, but who knows.
It could be,but for that to happen Oda would need to kill a bunch of Wanonense citizens!My guess is the island lands just before getting into the capital!

It could be,but for that to happen Oda would need to kill a bunch of Wanonense citizens!My guess is the island lands just before getting into the capital!
Well, interestingly enough, Kaido means to set the island right on top of the Capital Mansion. May be large enough and there maybe enough space to basically let that happen. I don't think he intends to kill anyone, just round them up as slaves for his new country.

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility either. We had Dressrosa and Pica rearranged the entire Kingdom. Birdcage basically destroyed it all too, leaving almost nothing left.

Fun chapter.

1003 did seem to be transitioning the focus back to the lower floors. And now we have the palette cleanser from the roof fight, at least for now. Even moreso than the roof chapters, this chapter cements to me even further we're on the decisive battles of the arc. Oda rarely elaborates on Strawhat fights unless they were crucial victories for them, and through CP0, Oda basically told us that these executives are theirs to beat.

The stars were Nami, Usopp, Franky, Tama.

Starting with Tama, I love that she's so proactive in trying to save Wano. She could've stayed and left the fighting to the adults, but if they fail now, then there's no point in staying in Wano where it's "safe." She's very self aware of her ability to convert the Gifters, making her more a legitimate player rather than a plot device. Everything from Acts 1 and 2 are coming together. Gifters that were minor antagonists early on are now allies to the cause. Tama who was the arc damsel at one point is now the x-factor to victory.

Speaking in tandem Nami and Usopp, they are meeting my expectations on how to deal with Ulti and P1. Bewilder them by turn coating their subordinates and making chaos from that. Usopp predictably shoots the dango with his slingshot for maximum effect. This part of the chapter was hilarious.

They're playing the F6 like dang fiddles, and I'm loving every moment of it. Nami even dishing out some nice payback on the Pachy caving her skull in by zapping her to the ground. Nami mentioning she needs more power, however, is a curious bit. Could Zeus come back into play? That would require Linlin to come back. We'll see how Oda approaches that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the roof battle started implicating everyone else. The structure of the island is collapsing, after all. Speaking of the roof top, I can't help but draw parallels between Nami and Usopp working together to Luffy and Zoro working together at the top.

Strongest duo vs Monster siblings
Weakest duo vs Monster siblings

Luffy and Zoro are fighting Linlin and Kaido with all their might and willpower, whereas Nami and Usopp fend off Ulti and P1 using trickery and out of the box tactics.

On the flip side, while the human duo fight brawns with brain, Franky's fighting brawns with brawns. What more can be said, Franky looks like a boss, dealing with Sasaki and his armored squadron, not skipping a beat in the process. Franky's always been one of the most reliable Strawhats. He's consistently building and going the extra mile for the team, like when he advised the samurai to build more ships for the Alliance, maintaining the Sunny over all these arcs, and beating arc opponents that prove troublesome, or are in the way of important tasks, like freeing Robin in Enies Lobby or destroying Doffy's SMILE factory.

No point talking too extensively on Sanji. This is Oda stalling him until his main arc matchup. I wish he had done something different for Sanji, but oh well. On the positive side, he isn't letting himself get distracted by the women, and seems hyper focus on the task at hand. His future task also appears to be heading for Kin'emon and co's current location in order to protect them.

Black Maria name dropping Robin does lean on the two ladies doing battle, and at this point, why deny it? Robin is long overdue for some shine, and it will come sooner rather than later.

This is definitely Robin, and Sanji picked up on it pretty quick, responding to Black Maria not to under-estimate his crew mate. Like he knows she has some scheme at play.

On a final note, Oda decides to leave us with another mystery to compliment last chapter's, and that's the identity of the 10th person with the unconscious Samurai. It's Hiyori, and I'm confident of it. She still has some loose ends that need tying up, such as her desire to kill Orochi, Orochi figuring out Komurasaki and Hiyori are one in the same. Which kinda increases Orochi's chances of survival. Orochi even has some purpose beyond Hiyori. The Samurai he's wanted dead are completely helpless and ready to be killed by anything. Sanji already has his eyes set on protecting them, but maybe this could also be where Momo steps in to defend his vassals.
I see King interupting his fight with Marco to go after scabbards himself so we get Sanji vs King.Rember Robin can free Sanji and attack Black Maria+her Subordinates all at the same time!
If Orochi is alive we could get Momo+Hyori vs Orochi!

I give this chapter 2 out of 5. I only enjoy Franky vs Sasaki parts, everything else is meh. Bad chapter + another 2 weeks of waiting + Chick Corea passing away = ruin my mood. What a sad day on a New Lunar Year day.

True, it was a trash chapter. The only good thing was Franky's feats that put him at least at Jimbei's level or who knows maybe even beyond.
He is pretty much the only one close to Zoro and Luffy in terms of strenght.

And the passing of Chick Corea is a bad thing....to scientology. My man Al Di Meola is still kicking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.