Status
Not open for further replies.
He was still quite weak before the TS started so I'm only prominently counting the 2 of them that constituted the TS time.
momanga was sent by sengoku, someone who can fight hanacock if need be without lusting, he failed he should range in the yc2 to yc1 level
Koby who was bout to die by akaniu, the same akaniu, is sending him to capture hanacock instead of momanga this time
which means akaniu acknowledges his strength to capture someone on that level hanacock is def a yc1 at and at worst yc2

Do you assume that based on the real kabuki play ??? Do you know if oda confirmed what kabuki he is inspired from ?
All we know is that the real life OP kabuki play was 3 Acts and Oda himself supported it:

“It’s not possible for us to decide on the day the thing we call ‘manga’ was born, but if you were to say that Giga is the origin [of manga], then we could point out that artists already made drawings containing dialogue back in the Heian and Edo period. They were used to portray comical scenes. I believe that that “absurdity” is exactly what manga is all about. I started drawing One Piece as a way for kids to get their minds off of things during their free time, but in recent years, One Piece has been accepted into the lives of people of all ages, demographics, and across borders. One Piece is about a band of pirates’ adventures.

Then you have Kabuki, a traditional, formal, art form that Japan prides itself on. That’s the image we have of Kabuki, but nonetheless, it was originally a thing made for the masses, a composite art form that has its roots in the portrayal of the “kabukimono” that rebelled against the world[‘s norms].

To be honest, Kabuki actors just look so much like pirates to me. For years one would say the two almost completely incompatible, opposite cultures, but with these “pirates that are actually kabukimono” at the center [of this piece], these two cultures [of pirates and kabuki] might actually integrate well together. But I’m leaving it up to you to be the judge of that yourself.

This amazing crew, featuring En’nosuke Ichikawa, really brings this world to life.
Mind the gap, because you are now entering the ocean, and the time…is the Great Age of Pirates.

I hope you enjoy.

Eiichiro Oda”

OP Kabuki info: https://web.archive.org/web/20170623101201/http://www.kabuki-bito.jp/theaters/shinbashi/play/317

Naw so luffy can be trained by rayleigh and hyorgu and can be able to fight 2 yonkos
but koby can legit be trained by the man who has fought roger many times, and cant even face a yc1
hes equal to current luffy , hanacock df is hax which shouldnt even be counted but ok, momoanga is horny not koby
Sorry to say this, but Oda doomed Koby the moment he refused to let the mistake of "rear admiral" pass by... WHILE EVERYONE was happy for the promotion, Oda just modified it back to Captain, and that's basically telling you that Oda started to put a restriction on his progression and make his progress at a slower pace....

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Oda revealed that things are going to be grim for Sabo, Boa Hancock and Vivi - One Piece (opfanpage.com)

Now here's the caveat to the message:

- It was supposed to tease what happens the following year (2020) at the time
- It also mentions "when its all over, things will look grim"

So either, Oda entirely meant for Wano to end in 2020 (lol) or he's just implying that he will tease these things between Acts 3 and 4 about the things happening "after Wano ends". Translating Japanese is weird so we can't entirely be sure of the meaning.

Again though, Shanks is "supposed" to be moving this year (2021), based on Oda's Jump Festa 2020 message. So either we claim that Wano is ending in 2021 (which still seems unlikely but I guess possible) or again, there is a mid Act update. He could also show up this arc I guess as well but that seems a little ridiculous at this point in the arc.

Finally, it just comes down to the pure fact that 993 had an advertisement on its cover page that said Act 3 was ending soon. Yes. its been 10 chapters, but relatively speaking the Act is currently 45 chapters. If it ends at, lets say 50, saying this 35 chapters into the Act isn't a lie.
  • Oda is extremely bad at timelines.
    • He reliably underestimates timelines. You can be confident that things will take longer than Oda says.
    • Trying to take Oda's timelines at face value is very silly.
  • I read Oda's message as showing what would happen to Sabo and co after Wano was over.
    • Oda's Jump Festa Message said:
      The Wano Kuni arc is finally moving towards its climax as well!! I’ve been looking forwards to drawing Wano Kuni a lot, so I’m psyched! And once it’s over, things are going to be grim. Sabo will…!! Vivi will…!! Hancock will…!! AAAAAAAA…!!!
      • This is clearly referring to after the Wanokuni arc is over and not a particular Wano act.
    • I don't have to contort the message to assume he meant a Wano act instead of just an arc, when I know Oda reliably underestimate how long things will take.
  • I still haven't seen a source on the Shanks moving in 2021 part
    • Again, Oda is terrible at timelines, so it's not clear how much it even matters.

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
Really?

- Nobody wants to see new weapon attacks from Franky? Or a new form from his cyborg body?
- Nobody wants to see Jinbe finally go all out?
- Nobody wants to see Chopper get redeemed and have an all out battle with new points?
- Nobody wants to see an Usopp/Nami tactical teamup against a headbutting powerhouse?
- Nobody wants to see Yamato's devil fruit?
- Nobody wants to see Brook or Robin get well deserved fights that they haven't gotten in years?

Damn, I didn't think "we" all didn't care about that.
Dont Care. Only the Rooftop Fight matters.

Sorry to say this, but Oda doomed Koby the moment he refused to let the mistake of "rear admiral" pass by... WHILE EVERYONE was happy for the promotion, Oda just modified it back to Captain, and that's basically telling you that Oda started to put a restriction on his progression and make his progress at a slower pace....
it was meant to be captain in the first place, it would ruin the plot

This is why Sanji fans get disappointed every time.
Sanji will not fight King. SANJI'S OPPONENT IS QUEEN.
Oda made it clear the moment Queen talked about Germa. The dude literally has Germa's gadgets installed in his body.
He can extend his neck. It literally acts as a winch. It is similar to Yonji's device that he wears on his right forearm. EVEN THE DESIGN IS THE SAME. He must have other germa gadgets yet to be shown.
I'm ready to bet all my money that Sanji will fight Queen and not King. He will face a hybrid-cyborg with Germa modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.