Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oden being alive would just be bad writing and I don't know why anyone would defend it.
It's either not the real oden or he's coming from the past. One piece ending will for sure play with time travel from what we've seen so far, especialy knowing that joyboy was in the past and will be in the future aswell. So i don't think it's bad writing just YET, i'd rather wait to see where oda is going to judge anything. :kata:

Time travel stories can transform a story in a masterpiece.. but it could also ruin it ... :usoprice:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
This Oden using two different swords does lead me to think it's Kanjuro. Kanjuro was a master artist, and if he wanted to successfully trick the Scabbards that his painting's the genuine article, a glaring mistake like drawing Enma and Ame No Habakiri, two swords Oden gave away to his kids and one of them currently in the possession of an ally, would have him found out.

We also have Oden looking as he did right before his death. That was the last time Kanjuro saw Oden, so he went with what was freshest in his mind. If this were Oden sent forward into the future, he would've been just before his execution, but he wasn't.

Now what would motivate Kanjuro to do this? Well, he might have tried to kill the Scabbards while they were down, but noticed they got up, so decided to whip up some trap to catch them off guard.

Or we can go with the absurd alternative that Oden survived his graphic and apparent death, somehow Toki survived as well, sent each other forward in time, and didn't make themselves known to the others until just now for reasons.

Last edited:
Momo is going to do something crazy. In the spoilers he is saying how weak and useless he is, but at the same time we have the CP0 talking about his artificial DF which was made from Kaidou's DNA. They are glad that the fruit was a failure - atleast this is what Vegapunk said to them, but i am pretty sure it was not a failure, he just didn't wanted to give it to the Navy/WG.
Oda is hinting it clearly.

This Oden is going to be revealed to be Fukurokujo desguised as Oden using the Henge no Jutsu. Why would he do that you say? It's obviously to trick the scabbards in making peace with Orochi and be best friends again.
It's going to be so emotional:doffycry:
There are several possibilities. I don't like how people are buying that this is Oden just too too easily.

In general it's important to consider all case scenarios and let's remember that Oda's mind is not very linear at all, we ought to embrace that.

I still see people (some zoro fans) taking sanji's snapped leg against vegro out of context.
:whitepress:....they lack basic knowledge about sanji to think him being injured is a significant thing and requires emphasis to undermine him... some even go far saying that him being injured wasn't even the part of the plot... like it is with zoro when he is injured and that influences his fight.. thats straight bias
There is bias on both sides.
Although, Sanji fans are very deluded and filled with a lot of denial.
Zoro fans, on the other hand, have absolutely no control nor limit to their wanking.

This Oden using two different swords does lead me to think it's Kanjuro. Kanjuro was a master artist, and if he wanted to successfully trick the Scabbards that his paintings the genuine article, a glaring mistake like drawing Enma and Ame No Habakiri, two swords Oden gave away to his kids and one of them currently in the possession of an ally, would have him found out.

We also have Oden looking as he did right before his death. That was the last time Kanjuro saw Oden, so he went with what was freshest in his mind. If this were Oden sent forward into the future, he would've been just before his execution, but he wasn't.

Now what would motivate Kanjuro to do this? Well, he might have tried to kill the Scabbards while they were dead, but noticed they got up, so decided to whip up some trap to catch them off guard.

Or we can go with the absurd alternative that Oden survived his graphic and apparent death, somehow Toki survived as well, sent each other forward in time, and didn't make themselves known to the others until just now for reasons.
You could also speculate that this is some weird quirk were Kanjuro is just trying to fit in with them again. Technically his "role" failed before so I could see him whipping this up as a means to try and get closer to them again. Maybe they find out pretty quickly and he apologizes after a gag. Idk.

There are several possibilities. I don't like how people are buying that this is Oden just too too easily.

In general it's important to consider all case scenarios and let's remember that Oda's mind is not very linear at all, we ought to embrace that.
I'm very much convinced it's not the real Oden. Some kind of weird power is definetly at play here. But you could never know with Oda. He certainly loves his Oden very much. Too much even. It's not beyond him to bring him back from the dead just so he can wank him some more.

H

humanbeing

The theory isn't that he actually survived. Its that Toki sent him to the future temporarily while he was in prison and then he came back to die. However that creates other problems that I personally dislike. It creates unnecessary time travel issues, and it also sort of ruins what the "new generation" of pirates are doing on the roof if he just goes up there to help them.
she could have done that but Orochi is shrewd one he would have seen that , and he had his spy among them all of them was imprisoned together. and even if she did that how could she send him back to the past? since it is not possible according to her own words
it is simple that is someone else.

Sanji's "biggest" feat post time skip is fucking Wadatsumi.
It was five arcs ago, he hadn't the RS, super strong attack aren't Sanji's forte (he is a speedster), his attack covered him in flames, which is far more impressive than just oneshotting a character, and Wadatsumi is bigger than a number.
Luffy used G4 to oneshot a number.

Oden doesn't have a goatee at that last scene. When did he have time to shave it? :zorothink:
An Oden from a different timeline died :chopoff:

- The shadowy 10th figure is a woman who was helping the KOed Scabbards. Either Hiyori or Toki.
- In this chapter, the mystery woman disappeared and in her place appeared Oden who apparently bandaged the Scabbards.

In conclusion this Oden is actually Hiyori/Toki disguised as Oden using some kind of a Ninjutsu(Henge no Jutsu) that she learned from Shinobu or some other ninja. Maybe she's not ready to meet the Scabbards as her ture self before they take down Kaido or some other bullshit reason she may has.

Anyway this is what I think happened for now. :optimistic:

Status
Not open for further replies.