Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, ask yourself this. If this actually was Oden, why would Oda make his "great" return AFTER the scabbards lose the fight with Kaido?

Toki miss the target by a few hours? He get stuck somewhere taking a shit? Come on guys, logically think about this stuff it doesn't make sense lmao
Logically I'm with you brother but this is Oda dude. Logic is something that Oda has never heard of about.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Seriously, ask yourself this. If this actually was Oden, why would Oda make his "great" return AFTER the scabbards lose the fight with Kaido?

Toki miss the target by a few hours? He get stuck somewhere taking a shit? Come on guys, logically think about this stuff it doesn't make sense lmao
Toki be like:

Hit or miss.

Logically I'm with you but this is Oda dude. Logic is something that Oda has never heard of about.
This really isn't something Oda stumbles with man. Not forgetting plot points and making story points fit together logically is what makes usually makes One Piece as good as it is, and its why people like Oda as a writer. Its also why most of us still read it after all this time, because we are waiting for answers to things he consistently reminds us of and doesn't forget about (Will of D, Void Century, Vegapunk, Kuma, Dragon, One Piece, etc etc etc)

Now, there are plenty of things you can hate him for, namely oversexualization of female characters and characterization in general (Toki...), or just straight up missing the mark on certain plotlines or things that he does (like Luffy's PIS or random shonen powerups), but actual plot holes are not one of them. His worldbuilding might honestly be one of the best in the industry.

He's normally extremely good at keeping every plot point in check and addressing them by the end of an arc. Oden being here actually introduces something nobody even was expecting or wanted because never was implied to have survived or sent to the future.

This would actually be Oda's first major plot hole because its not really something you can logically explain. Oden tells her to send the scabbards 20 years into the future in his posthumous letter to her. Thats when she finds out about the prophecy (and then rips up the letter), after his death. So she logically woudn't have sent him to the future before this. It also has been explained that she can only send people forward too. And if its someone else with her fruit that knows how to use it better anyway, Oden would have been dead already to begin with. There literally is no decent way to explain him being alive.

Edit: And just to prove my point, Wano alone has made a ton of old connections to Punk Hazard. The Numbers. Vegapunks experimentation on Kaido to produce Momo's fruit. The man made Dragons. The Gigantification projects. He doesn't forget plot points or create significant plot holes in his series.

He even somehow has managed to fit Oden's flashback carefully in the timeline of Roger and Whitebeards own pasts this deep in the story. People really don't understand probably how hard it was for Oda to actually make sure all the timeline stuff worked in that flashback.

Last edited:
I find so PATHETIC some people come here to trash the series and not only that, put their opinion as a FACT and absolute true.

And even funnier is that the Post time Arcs have less flaws, more tension, less "plots holes".

Imagine an amazing like water 7/ ennies lobby TODAY and WEEKLY:

-luffy getting stuck between a building.
-luffy geting stuck between a building AGAIN.
-Usopp losing the money after get warned like a idiot.
- Franky brothers plot as stupid vilains.
-paulie getting fingered mutiple times and not dying.
-Iceberg getting 6 shots and not dying.
-Spanda a complete idiot as the headmaster of ALL the Arc.
-kaku and jabra discussing who kids like more in the middle of a fight.
-Luffy trying to reach the bridge and going into the sea like a moron.
- sanji getting trashed no matter what since is a woman.
-spandan being DUMB and pushing the button by mistake and calling a Buster call by accident.
-jabra trolling with a stupid history of robin for people fall.
- usopp getting stucked with zoro because he was laughing of jabra and kaku.
-chopper loving his oponent abilities in the middle of a fight to save Robin.
-luffy getting 2 "ass pull" gear 2 and 3.
-zoro geting 1 "ass pull" asura.
-sanji getting 1 "ass pull" diable jamble.
-franky a Cyborg that need soda as combustive and have Fart techiniques.
- A kid like Chiminey discovering everything in ennies lobby and helping luffy reach Lucci.
- Lucci saying that they have permision to kill but dont kill NOBODY ever, not even franky brothers when he meet them.
-zoro landing EXACTLY on a chimney and getting stuck.
-luffy defeating Lucci only by Will Power since he already used g2 and G3 and Lucci was standing and winning.
- Every cp9 member except Lucci having lots of gags in their fights.
-paulie and the rest surviving canon balls that close and big.
-some stupid fights in the train until reach the objective.
-Robin not kiling spanda for no reason.

And i can keep going and going for this arc or any other...
And the funny thing is that weekly this Arc was getting WAY more trashed than wano as a example...and turned as a whole a fantastic Arc

And i reread wano 3 times already and is a amazing Arc, when finished Will be even better.

because thats what is One piece and still TOTALLY is until today.

:seriously:
Post automatically merged:

Its funny how Hyougoro should be dead. But Oda made the excuse that his surbordinates were hesistating, thus he survived till Chopper came
Yeah it was obvious though the way hes setting it up. Honestly i wish hyogoro was dead but it was chopper "shine moment" in this arc.

I find so PATHETIC some people come here to trash the series and not only that, put their opinion as a FACT and absolute true.

And even funnier is that the Post time Arcs have less flaws, more tension, less "plots holes".

-spandan being DUMB and pushing the button by mistake and calling a Buster call by accident.
- A kid like Chiminey discovering everything in ennies lobby and helping luffy reach Lucci.
- Lucci saying that they have permision to kill but dont kill NOBODY ever, not even franky brothers when he meet them.
-luffy defeating Lucci only by Will Power since he already used g2 and G3 and Lucci was standing and winning.

And the funny thing is that weekly this Arc was getting WAY more trashed than wano as a example...and turned as a whole a fantastic Arc

And i reread wano 3 times already and is a amazing Arc, when finished Will be even better.

True i agree, If you dont like plot holes and unexplainable things then one piece is not for you
:suresure:

At least 60% of worstgen would have died from a brain aneurysm from Paulie keeping 5 miles of ropes up his ass

At least 60% of worstgen would have died from a brain aneurysm from Paulie keeping 5 miles of ropes up his ass
Pre-timeskip also has absolutely no training moments or arcs, unlike post-which has shown Luffy actually learn from his fights so far. I could imagine the mass hysteria of Luffy and Zoro losing to Lucci in one hit, then coming back immediately that same night and whopping their asses a few hours later because they had better "resolve" (found out that Robin didn't betray them). They both pull some insane shit in the span of like 3 hours lol.

Ok maybe it really is Oden, cause I think things that happened at the beginning of the arc, especially Act 1 are going to come back around later. So maybe Oden is back to give Kaido Trauma.
Confused as to what this implies. The last text at the bottom is Toki saying she will stay in that timeline "with" Oden. That is her final destination because it is also Oden's. This actually proves the opposite lol. If Toki is alive, I expect her to be older, as in she didn't use her powers to jump again.

Status
Not open for further replies.