Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't know why but Oda couldn't make Kaido feel that threatening. He seemed much more threatening when he was introduced. Felt like a fucking demon and someone whom Luffy can never even dream to beat. But now... ehh
Because Oda needs to buy time for the rest of the plot to close before he can write the last battle freely —and there's way too much to close there, so dragging is expectable. Which at the same time reveals writing problems because he shouldn't put Luffy in front of Kaido when it's too soon to allow himself to "go wild", but well.

Yeah, I don't know why but Oda couldn't make Kaido feel that threatening. He seemed much more threatening when he was introduced. Felt like a fucking demon and someone whom Luffy can never even dream to beat. But now... ehh
Yeah lol
At first i thought that it would need everyone to beat him but now ? He looks like another random villain that Luffy can solo
Proportionally, Captain Kuro was more threatening than Kaido.
No cap

Big Mom's "mother mode" isn't even necessary: Oda could have easily pulled an egocentric reaction from her as she'd "like" the people who helped her as in her twisted mind they'd be submitting to her wishes and offering her treats (just like any island she doesn't destroy), hence why attacking the group who attacked them would be justified. Tama doesn't need to make her motherly for Linlin to "protect" her. Creating a whole new state of mind is repetitive and exhausts the suspension of disbelief as it feels too much ad hoc when we consider her hunger pangs, her Carmel vulnerability, her munching unconsciousness and her amnesia.

I dont know why some people are hating this. Luffy is clearly not in kaido's level in terms of strength, but isnt haki made to counter strength?I dont think rayliegh was even stronger than G4 in raw strength but still he could one shot it

People are upset cuz Luffy, not Zoro, is Kaido main opponent. No one complained about Zoro "asspulls" during his moments against Kaido [dude tanked yonko hits after getting KO by nerfed killer], but now are complaining about Luffy.

About the chapter: Overall a nice 7.5/8.0 chapter

Kaido/Luffy moment was great, Killer VS Hawking match up is interesting and very unexpected

About BM character, she clearly have shown a "moral" side before [totoland idea, mother carmel, allowing pedro and jinbei to leave her crew after paying a price]. My only complain is this new "mother mode", she could just be grateful to Tama. Still, this makes O-lin plotline less dumb, cuz gives a reason for BM clash against Kaido.

Luffy casually doing Pirate King stuff :myman:

The guy was trained by the Dark King himself, a training Haki-centered and in just 1 year and a half he taught him everything he knew.
Luffy had just to be in life threatening situation and fully unlock his potential, something that comes just with experience.
He's phenomenal because he is the protagonist? No, he's the protagonist because he's phenomenal.
The story about a pirate who'll become the king of all pirates and will change the world upside down, in just 3 years.
Really, what kind of growth, strength, would you expect from a man like this? :choppawhat:

Too bad, many just forgot how this Manga works: mid-saga-Luffy < Usopp, determined/angry end of saga-Luffy = God mode.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Ulti will attack Linlin and call her traitor. She will rage Linlin up and then gets hit heavily. More or less the same way Paypay got hit. But she is able to stand up again directly, but pretty hurt and huffing. Big mum then charges up again and hits her again. She falls down, extremely hurt, blood all over, but crawling to paypay. "I dont let you die Paypay..."

Big mum will jump up, use Hera and wants to give Ulti and Paypay the finish blow, Ulti looks straight in the thunderball, scared, some little tears, but still filled in anger, till she suddenly sees an impact in big mums face and big mum get thrown into the wall from a giant metal hand, filled in CoA.

"Found you old hag." - Kid

Forgot to add,oh god there is chance that Ulti will headbutt BM and make her O Lin Lin again!
I don't think there's any need for her to turn into O-lin right now. The other time it was done so that Big Mom can help the straw hats as a 'temporary' ally but this time she's already on Tama's side. Oda wouldn't have done this 'mother mode' thing if she was anyways going to lose her memories next chapter, at least imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.