Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a writing stand point its easier for Oda to have Zoro defeat King with support.
And then have Sanji defeat Queen with minor support of some sort maybe chopper...

For Sanji vs King, I think Oda would have to do a whole lot of Plot convenience/ Bullshit/ Gymnastics to justify Sanji defeating King. And It would Need A LOT of Focus............
Sanji vs King would have to be the Most important Fight after Luffys,
And I dont see that happening.......unless theres some sort of plot significance to it.
IMO,Sanji needs to beat King to keep the monster trio dynamic(Luffy>Zoro>Sanji),Zoro's perfomance against the emperors is alreday>> beating a yc1!Sanji needs to beat King imo!That's just my 2 cents!
In future arcs i could see:Zoro unlocking COC and making a black blade,Sanji unlocking future sight or his especial genes(exoskeleton),Jinbe unlocking adv.coa,Yamato showing her full power,Mid trio getting power ups as better tech for franky or awakening for brook and robin,weak trio should improve the same route as mid trio!Ussop being a especial case because i could see him unlocking coa and coc(his lies become reality)!

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
So I guess this chapter confirmed Hawkins > Killer? 92% chance of Hawkins winning is pretty damn high. Compare this to how Hawkins wanted absolutely no parts of Law in a 1v1, circumstances might be a bit different but the portrayal is clear here, Hawkins doesn't fear or think Killer has a real shot at defeating him. I expect Killer to pull through (because he's on the alliance's side), but this should kill any notion of rooftop level.

Rest of the chapter was hot garbage, this was the only real takeaway worth a damn.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Just because a stupid thing has a precedent doesn’t make it less stupid, it means the same stupid thing has happened twice. Context is important; the mothering mode itself is an acceptable character trait, but like Sanji’s perversion, it’s pretty dumb when it manifests in battle like this even if it works to the advantage of our protagonists.

Luffy casually doing Pirate King stuff :myman:

The guy was trained by the Dark King himself, a training Haki-centered and in just 1 year and a half he taught him everything he knew.
Luffy had just to be in life threatening situation and fully unlock his potential, something that comes just with experience.
He's phenomenal because he is the protagonist? No, he's the protagonist because he's phenomenal.
The story about a pirate who'll become the king of all pirates and will change the world upside down, in just 3 years.
Really, what kind of growth, strength, would you expect from a man like this? :choppawhat:

Too bad, many just forgot how this Manga works: mid-saga-Luffy < Usopp, determined/angry end of saga-Luffy = God mode.
Yeah, people were always calling for more timeskips or more believable story. Whats believable about a 17yo rookie beating a logia shichibukai? And then another shichibukai. The 2 year timeskip was to make him ready for the yonko, anyone who read the story should know. Rayleigh knew hed go to the new world and straight challenge them, and die, so he gave him the tools to fight them. Which is now happening

People shouldn't forget Hybrid Kaido and BM didn't do any significant damage to SN in 10 mins.
And they were protecting Luffy.
I mean, Zoro and Law got hurt pretty bad, but mostly Zoro.

Separately, I do want to remind people that the intentions and matchups for this arc is pretty non-linear. Everyone wasn't paired for their fight at the beginning of the raid and still aren't. For example:

- Nami and Usopp have been distracting P1 and Ulti since 990 or 991 I believe. At first only Ulti fought them and wrecked them. Then only P1 was fighting. Now Page 1 has been KO'ed by BM. This either implies he was never their matchup to begin with (aka he's done) or he will come back and fight Usopp by weaker or someone else (Chopper)

- Franky wasn't matched to Sasaki until 996. He was MIA with the Number then. Yamato was "matched" to Sasaki and Ulti before things changed. Just keep that in mind

- Jinbe wasn't matched to WsW until 998, still ongoing

- Brook/Robin weren't matched to Black Maria until 1005. This is important because Oda used Sanji as a stopgap to create a story/reason for Robin to fight her. Now it's settled. What's important here is that we went 7 chapters without another matchup. We are about that length again for another one.

So then you are left with:

- Sanji, who is now free

- Chopper, who is now not bound to the virus plot that went on for 15 chapters

- Yamato, who is viable enough to fight someone, if not Kaid

- Zoro, who is now available once he recovers since he's down below again.

With 3 calamities, Page 1 and maaaaaybe Drake (if Queen manipulates him somehow), there is enough here to potentially tidy these marchups in the next 5-10 chapters. In hindsight we might say chopper started his matchup at 1015, Yamato at 1017, Sanji at 1020 and Zoros at 1025 and it would essentially follow the same non-linear idea as the other fights, aka there is no pattern really about setting these up, just what Oda wants to do.

Anyway, i believe the next official matchup is Nami/Usopp, in that they will be officially matched to Ulti b/c Tama will need to leave and command the fodder and they'll block Ulti's way to prevent her from stopping Tama. Kid will attack BM so that will end her O-Lin state. Maybe Page 1 recovers here and creates more issues. Maybe Chopper helps. Who knows really.

So I guess this chapter confirmed Hawkins > Killer? 92% chance of Hawkins winning is pretty damn high. Compare this to how Hawkins wanted absolutely no parts of Law in a 1v1, circumstances might be a bit different but the portrayal is clear here, Hawkins doesn't fear or think Killer has a real shot at defeating him. I expect Killer to pull through (because he's on the alliance's side), but this should kill any notion of rooftop level.

Rest of the chapter was hot garbage, this was the only real takeaway worth a damn.
Hawkins could be bluffing about the prediction!Killer is already exhausted from fighting the Yonko!Killer might awaken his smile fruit,zoans help you heal wounds faster,so if that happens his chance might improve!Plus,Hawkins isn't much of a fighter without his dolls,he loses his dolls pretty quickly!Something might stop the fight,someone might join in to help(thinking about Xdrake)!Oda can do pretty much anything with Hawkins vs Killer!Killer might even die,who knows!

I mean, Zoro and Law got hurt pretty bad, but mostly Zoro.

Separately, I do want to remind people that the intentions and matchups for this arc is pretty non-linear. Everyone wasn't paired for their fight at the beginning of the raid and still aren't. For example:

- Nami and Usopp have been distracting P1 and Ulti since 990 or 991 I believe. At first only Ulti fought them and wrecked them. Then only P1 was fighting. Now Page 1 has been KO'ed by BM. This either implies he was never their matchup to begin with (aka he's done) or he will come back and fight Usopp by weaker or someone else (Chopper)

- Franky wasn't matched to Sasaki until 996. He was MIA with the Number then. Yamato was "matched" to Sasaki and Ulti before things changed. Just keep that in mind

- Jinbe wasn't matched to WsW until 998, still ongoing

- Brook/Robin weren't matched to Black Maria until 1005. This is important because Oda used Sanji as a stopgap to create a story/reason for Robin to fight her. Now it's settled. What's important here is that we went 7 chapters without another matchup. We are about that length again for another one.

So then you are left with:

- Sanji, who is now free

- Chopper, who is now not bound to the virus plot that went on for 15 chapters

- Yamato, who is viable enough to fight someone, if not Kaid

- Zoro, who is now available once he recovers since he's down below again.

With 3 calamities, Page 1 and maaaaaybe Drake (if Queen manipulates him somehow), there is enough here to potentially tidy these marchups in the next 5-10 chapters. In hindsight we might say chopper started his matchup at 1015, Yamato at 1017, Sanji at 1020 and Zoros at 1025 and it would essentially follow the same non-linear idea as the other fights, aka there is no pattern really about setting these up, just what Oda wants to do.

Anyway, i believe the next official matchup is Nami/Usopp, in that they will be officially matched to Ulti b/c Tama will need to leave and command the fodder and they'll block Ulti's way to prevent her from stopping Tama. Kid will attack BM so that will end her O-Lin state. Maybe Page 1 recovers here and creates more issues. Maybe Chopper helps. Who knows really.
People forget this is a war arc!Marineford had similar dynamics:everyone fighting each other and changing opponents multiple times!

Great find my ass... I remember that chapter very well. She just went there like the tyrant mother she is and one other kids asked for knife while rest of them asked that she doesn’t allow that because she will try to injure her siblings

Stop defending oda garbage.
She was in her angry mood and became happy, you might hate it but it's still a precedent.

1-what will the Scabbards do?2-who will Sanji fight?3-Who will Zoro fight?4-How will Kidd take down Big Mom?5-What is Yamato's role?6-What is Marco's role?
1- find and protect Momo
2 - fight King, King will try kill Momo
3 - kill Orochi in the Flower Capitol and free Wano
4 - unlock Adv CoC
5 - mid diff Jack then confront Kaido, Luffy will briefly rest then finish it.
6 - help out with BM

She was in her angry mood and became happy, you might hate it but it's still a precedent.
That only happened in the anime anyways.

Let’s not act like she didn’t see momo the 8 year old kid getting humiliated and tutoring in front of every one eyes..she laughed at it and did nothing.

what about her being racist to baby pudding and enjoy doing that with big fat grin on her face ?

again stop defending oda garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
That only happened in the anime anyways.

Let’s not act like she didn’t see momo the 8 year old kid getting humiliated and tutoring in front of every one eyes...she was a bitch and she laughed at it and did nothing.

what about her being a racist bitch to baby pudding and enjoy doing that with big fat grin on her face ?

again stop defending oda garbage.
This isn't anime, stop defending ignorance.

1- find and protect Momo
2 - fight King, King will try kill Momo
3 - kill Orochi in the Flower Capitol and free Wano
4 - unlock Adv CoC
5 - mid diff Jack then confront Kaido, Luffy will briefly rest then finish it.
6 - help out with BM
So Yamato is basically rebecca/viola vs doflamingo before KKG!LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.