Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's definitely using both CoA + CoC. His hand is coated black.

We've already seen CoA + CoC

This is just CoA Ryou instead of CoA Hardening
He not, that is the usually clash with two CoC user with we see with Don Chinjoa and with Doffy. Katakuri vs Luffy hint adv CoC+CoA.
In case before even the clash happening, you can see lighting sparks around the CoA attack.

Espero que seja algo como KAIDO vs BM, em qualidade de animação ou algo como a abolição dos shichibukais, os episódios recentemente tem se demonstrados ruins em termo de animação sendo sincero, não acompanho o anime faz um bom tempo, só cenas que valem a penas ver eu assisto o episódio, e acabo me decepcionando, mas KAIDO vs BM, foi lindo.
Tem que ser,irmão!Em cenas especiais a animação sobe de qualidade(smoker e law vs Vergo)!Uma coisa é certa:Naruto vs Pain no anime é a maior aberração da animação japonesa!
Post automatically merged:

Nah winning here would be too easy. I definitely think things will "look" like Luffy is going to win. Maybe he pulls out a new G4 form and pushes Kaido into a corner,

But once that runs out and Kaido unleashes his Awakening? It'd be over imo.
I think it goes like this:Luffy and Kaido clash evenly with COC infused attacks(oda shows g2+g3 with all the new haki jazz),Kaido reveals awakening and overpowers Luffy,Luffy goes G4 boundman or new form and fights evenly with Kaido again!G4 runs out and someone shows up to save Luffy's ass(Yamato probably),Kaido gets stalled until Luffy can go G4 again and Ko him with KKG+adv.coa+adv.coc!Sounds cliché,but it will be realistic!
As for BM:she will get ganged by different people in the castle(Oars style),Kidd will reveal/unlock his awakening and do the most damage to her!I could see something bizarre happening with BM in this fight that nerfs her(like she bearing a child in the middle of battle)!Kidd will get to KO her and BM gets mentally crippled forever!

Last edited:
If she was a psycho with her children all the time,she wouldn't have a family/crew!Their Children fear hear strength but they also care for her!
Gotta wonder if there’s some psychological manipulation involved in her being nice to her children until they turn 10, so that they feel more guilty when they try to leave her, with Big Mom taking advantage of that so she can use them for her armies, and that children like Lola and Praline are exceptional in the respect that they broke through that.

many people didnt notice it, WB and Roger didnt split the sky, they just pushed the clouds with shockwaves just like luffy and kaido in this chapter
yep,it was even stronger than the WB vs Shanks clash!Luffy vs Kaido clash is equal to prime Roger and Whitebeard clash!Pirate King Luffy is here,people!
Post automatically merged:

Gotta wonder if there’s some psychological manipulation involved in her being nice to her children until they turn 10, so that they feel more guilty when they try to leave her, with Big Mom taking advantage of that so she can use them for her armies, and that children like Lola and Praline are exceptional in the respect that they broke through that.
I think BM legit has a softer side for children,it was shown in wci with her kid asking for a knife!The manipulation thing wouldn't make sense because Tama is not her Kid and she got pissed off with the beast pirates(attacked P1)!So i think BM had genuine reactions this chapter!

Last edited:
Hawkins fans in this chapter:

Luffy vs Kaido -> crap
Hawkins vs Killer -> nice, great potential
Kid vs BM -> hype (for Kid)

P.S: is Hawkins taking into account his allies in that fight against Killer or he is seeing the chances of the 1 vs 1? I'm curious.
Hawkins predictions seem to read the general scenario, not the effective 1v1.
Look at this example against Kizaru:
His probability of death here were 0%, this obviously doesn't mean that he had 100% of winning but that he had 100% chance of surviving cause cards took this into account:

Basically, Killer 92% chances of dying ain't the result of his fight with Hawkins but of the whole raid night and opposition to the Emperors. At least, this seems more logical to me.
Hawkins gonna put a good show on anyway.

Hawkins predictions seem to read the general scenario, not the effective 1v1.
Look at this example against Kizaru:
His probability of death here were 0%, this obviously doesn't mean that he had 100% of winning but that he had 100% chance of surviving cause cards took this into account:

Basically, Killer 92% chances of dying ain't the result of his fight with Hawkins but of the whole raid night and opposition to the Emperors. At least, this seems more logical to me.
Hawkins gonna put a good show on anyway.
Mmm, yeah, that makes more sense.
Though we'll need to see the viz translation to be sure.

This is a COC clash!It was stated by Trebol!The COA+COC Dynamic is what WB+ROGER did(no touch,sky splits)!Luffy and Kaido did this COC infused clash this chapter!
No, THIS is a CoC clash

This is CoC + CoA hardening

The big "revelation" Luffy had is you can ENGULF yourself in CoC, which is CoC + CoA Ryou/Flowing Haki

CoC always comes out when you're pushing yourself hard with CoA. That's what Zoro did. The key is to "engulf" your attacks with it.

In Luffy vs. Chinjao/Doffy/Katakuri, their CoC was just flowing out. The Yonko and Luffy however can clad their attacks in Haoshoku for more power output and probably other side effects like dominating the opponents will and suppressing his DF powers. That will probably be explained at some point in greater deatail.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
No, THIS is a CoC clash

This is CoC + CoA hardening

The big "revelation" Luffy had is you can ENGULF yourself in CoC, which is CoC + CoA Ryou/Flowing Haki

CoC always comes out when you're pushing yourself hard with CoA. That's what Zoro did. The key is to "engulf" your attacks with it.
Zoro didn't do that at all. No coc came out normally or both kaido and law would have said so.

What if we get 2 lines saying "Sanji vs King" and "Big Mom vs Kidd" :myman:
I dont understand why people want to see Sanji swing above his weight, He's been doing that entire post timeskip, Sanji fighting people much stronger than him has not worked out........ Why dont we just settle for Sanji fighting someone he actually has a chance of defeating. Settle for Queen........

Well I said I would post this at some point might as well do it now.

So Killer’s comment to Hawkins this chapter really confirms my thoughts on One Piece’s themes.

This is something peppered throughout the story at rare moments and it’s something people often confuse for fate or destiny. Especially when looked at in isolation but when you put them all together it paints a very clear picture.

The truth is that there is no such thing as “fate” in One Piece. Thats just something a lot of characters believe because it’s an easy “go to” explanation.

Whats actually happening is far simpler.

One of the reasons the Katakuri fight was so great was because in encapsulated damn near every theme in the story in one single encounter while developing both characters. But the important part here is what it has to say about “fighting the odds”. Oda describes Luffy as a man of action. So in this encounter we have a clash between Katakuri the man who can see the future vs Luffy the man of action. The question asked for us at the start of the fight is “who decides the future?” and in the end the man of action succeeds over the man who could merely “see” the future. What the story is trying to say it made clear through Bege much earlier: “You can only see the future, everyone else has the power to change it.”

The ability to take action is what decides the future. Which is why Luffy succeeds where Katakuri fails.

The point the story is trying to make is that the most effective way to predict the future is to create it. Your actions effect the outcome. The Odds are NOT static. They are always changing and your actions have the potential to change them. Which is why guys like Killer and The Rooftop 5(wow that sounds like a band name) are on the same wavelength. They believe in their own ability.

In Luffy vs Katakuri, the future seeing man thinks that Luffy’s future is decided. Because he’s already seen it. But Luffy persists and takes action against every prediction. To the point where the outcome has completely changed. And by the end of the fight Katakuri can no longer see a future where he defeats Luffy. Because Luffy changed his odds. Through taking action.

We have this theme coming up again earlier in the arc with Tama. The Beast Pirates are at a massive advantage over The Alliance during the Raid. But because Tama chose to take action, those Odds have changed. Having literally said: “I’ve come here to change those odds.”

Oda has been telling us this long before Wano.
You can go back through the series and see this everywhere. This is why Shanks says to Coby at Marineford that: “those few seconds of courage you took to take action just changed the future”

Again the story is hitting at the idea of people’s actions being what decides the future. Not fate.

We see this come up again with Ivankov in Impel down. He tells Mr 2 that “Miracles only happen to those who never give up”.

It’s the actions of those who pursued something against all odds that create the miracles. Their actions created that new possibility. Not fate. Which is why you’ll see something like a storm saving Roger in his fight with Shiki. Roger persisted against overwhelming odds and was rewarded with a miracle.

Another commonly misunderstood scene that shows us this theme is when Hawkins is checking Luffy’s Odds after Marineford. Hawkins can’t get Luffy’s odds of survival to come out as 0%. A lot of people think this is fate but if you remember the theme then it’s clear that isn’t the case. This isn’t plot, this isn’t fate, the reason Luffy’s odds do not reach zero is because Luffy is still fighting. He hasn’t given up yet. The point the scene is trying to get across is that no matter what the odds are, no matter how often they change as long as you’re still fighting/taking action? They are NOT zero.

This idea is even reflected in Luffy’s entire journey. Think of where he started. At the beginning of the series Coby tells Luffy that a guy like him with no Pirate crew had no chance. That the odds against him were so astronomical, that it was impossible for him to be the Pirate King in the Golden Age of Pirates. And you know what? Coby is exactly right. If Luffy faced Emperors as he was back then? He would have stood no chance and died instantly. But because Luffy kept taking action, growing stronger, building his crew, forming connections, Luffy has completely flipped that scenario. He’s completely changed his odds to the point where people are now calling him the 5th Emperor on the seas and is one of the most highly talked about Pirate King candidates. That idiot in a barrel who got lost at sea has now earned the respect of Kaido himself, being viewed as a worthy opponent and is now seemingly fighting on par with the World’s Strongest Creature. Luffy’s come a long way but if he looked at those odds….and did nothing? He’d be right where he was at the start of the story. Nothing would have changed.

To accept the odds is to allow things to remain as they are. When the odds aren’t in your favor you shouldn’t be thinking “Oh theres no way I can win.” You should be thinking “Ok what can I do to change that?” Having the odds stacked against you is indicator of how much action you should be taking. Not a sign for you to take no action.

Thats what Hawkins needs to learn in Wano and thats What I believe his character arc is going to be.

As a Bonus point: Blackbeard is the antithesis to theme. Because he has it backwards. He believes fate guides the actions. Rather than actions guiding the fate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.