How Will O-Lin Play Out?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I just realized the parallels that Oda is pulling from Baratie in regards to Big Mom's character. Gin was grateful to Sanji for feeding them on Baratie, and ends up attacking Don Kreig at the end of the Arc.

Now we have Big Mom being grateful to the people of Okobore Town for feeding her, and she ends up attacking the Beast Pirates for destroying the town.

This could be a clue that Oda is setting it up for Big Mom to find out that Sanji is the one who made the Wedding Cake and is responsible for stopping her from destroying her own Country.

Really glad that Oda is digging deeper into Big Mom's mentality. It's all starting to come together now.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Wow, I just realized the parallels that Oda is pulling from Baratie in regards to Big Mom's character. Gin was grateful to Sanji for feeding them on Baratie, and ends up attacking Don Kreig at the end of the Arc.

Now we have Big Mom being grateful to the people of Okobore Town for feeding her, and she ends up attacking the Beast Pirates for destroying the town.

This could be a clue that Oda is setting it up for Big Mom to find out that Sanji is the one who made the Wedding Cake and is responsible for stopping her from destroying her own Country.

Really glad that Oda is digging deeper into Big Mom's mentality. It's all starting to come together now.
Big mom eats sanji confirmed

It doesn't have to be black and white.

The Weevil/grandma relationship definitely has elements of Boo/Babidi and BM (in terms of design and ability) was also certainly inspired by Yubaba.

That doesn't mean that a huge part of her character wasn't based on Majin Boo. Like I outlined, she has many, many similarities to him and the "good Linlin side" vs "evil BM side" was certainly an hommage to "good/fat Boo" vs "evil Boo".
It doesn't and I'm not saying that only one source was used as an inspiration for Big mom's entire character, but even for the "Good" and "Evil" Linlin inspiration can be found with Yubaba. Iirc, she had an oversized baby that she treated just the way "good" Linlin treats Tama, the "special age mode" of Big mom is probably even a reference to that. Outside of that Yubaba was a tyrant that ruled with fear just like Big mom does. Both used fire techniques and could fly with some kind of cloud ( I think in the movie it was a some wind cloud) and that's just from my memory. Haven't watched that movie in a long time.

I definitely think majority of Big mom's entire character was initially inspired from that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.