Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Im glad that Oda gave Nami a homie clima-tact instead of her keeping Zeus.

Zeus was too overpowered for Nami and it wasn't really her weapon, just something she stole from Big Mom. The clima-tact homie has some of zeus's soul, but not all of it as Hera still ate some of zeus's soul. So I don't think it will have the same raw strength as zeus, but I think it has the potential to be extremely powerful with Nami's ingenuity.
You thought Zeus was too overpowered? Then you ain't ready for what's coming.
Clima tact, which has all kinds of weather abilities, coming to life due to Zeus' soul is far more broken as not only will it boost lightning, what Zeus was doing but it will boost everything else coming from clima tact itself... The new Weather Witch is among us, BM can retire.
so let s see got ko he wakes up with adv coc
he got ko again and wakes up with telephaty
:milaugh:
@nik87 @HA001
Next KO comes with Awakening and last KO makes him walk on water. :finally:

That was real mixed bag of a chapter. Things I really liked, and things I’m not too keen on.

Sanji- excellent. A glorious Sanji intro of old. Snark with Zoro, big dramatic attack, saves the day, set up his biggest fight in... about twelve years? When was Jabra?

Also Queen snarling about “Judge’s brat” was a personal highlight given the hordes of people ignoring this gigantic dangling plot thread in favour of convoluted conspiracy nonsense about King

Not a fan of- how fast the “Luffy has been defeat“ story was resolved. I’m very much of the opinion that the fights with the Beast Pirates should be over and done soon to get Wano to a natural end. But this seems like a wasted plot point now- specifically, Momo telling the alliance that Luffy hasn’t been defeated.

Would it not have been a stronger story to have the people who know Luffy (basically the named characters who actually know Luffy) fight on and win against seemingly overwhelming odds for a few chapters, while having no confirmation that he was alive? While the fodder lose their heads and get disheartened? It’s what I would have preferred. Fair enough, Momo knowing that he was alive and the Heart Pirates finding him, that’s a reasonable enough conclusion given this whole Voice of all Things plot, but I don’t think that announcement needed to be made. A wasted opportunity.

Kine’mon- great scene, but he’s not dead and the effect is totally wasted. A dead Kine’mon would not have been dealt with so quickly. Now, ordinarily Oda’s fakeouts don’t bother me much- this place has a bad habit of just assuming attacks should be fatal despite everything that has gone before (see Ashura as an example for anyone who thinks he’s dead) but when there’s explicit mention from Kaido to ”accept death”... the character should die.

Zeustact- not especially surprising

Momo- about to overcome his fear of flight? Depends, I doubt Shinibu just launched herself off an island without a plan. Momo will fly deliberately at some point this arc, but I’m not sure if it’s now.

Kid and Law vs Big Mom- Oda should focus on Kid and Law’s relationship more. It’s a rivalry that actually makes sense, instead of Kid yapping away at Luffy like a little dog against a great big bull mastiff. Kid and Law are much more comparable.
They won’t beat Big Mom in a fight (like Luffy will beat Kaido) but they have a very good chance of defeating Big Mom if they have a plan, like they mewrly did on the roof.

Yamato vs Kaido- well, here’s the decider for “is Yamato a Strawhat in the making.” Fight against the main villain, her father, with flashback potential and with Luffy eventually set to come back in and save the day so the two of them can connect meaningfully. Luffy really won’t be pleased with all this talk of bonds and chains, let alone the literal exploding chains from a while back.
I agree with the Luffy thing completely, Oda should have kept us in the dark about him for at least 10 chapters. It would have made his return much more impactful

Too bad for sanjifans waiting for King but at least Sanji is finally fighting a YC and looking great here.
Kin'emon getting stabbed was fucking brutal, wow.
Yamato is also finally fighting for real and I can't wait for her DF that was teased like what, 7 months ago.

Luffy's moment reminds me of him using CoC after losing to Kaido early in the arc, I'll guess it's related for now but was very weird with Law's crew hearing it.

Awesome chapter anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.