rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usopps durability has certainly risen and his use of pop greens is really versatile. Add to that he is rather clever figuring out the Bao Huang situation immediately and acting upon it. That act really served the alliance well!

And Nami just gained a home seeking weapon. She might be a glass cannon but with mirage tempo and home seeking Zeus she is now a threat to most paradise pirates and even some rather capable new world pirates. If she can gain observation and become more elusive she will be rather fearsome and capable of fending for herself in most scenarios.

Also Yamatos feat of clashing with Kaido is great. I guess we have the new hierarchy in place being
Luffy
Zoro
Yamato - Jinbei - Sanji

Lastly I sort of feel for Kaido. Despite his wicked fathering methods I somewhat see him as the Chairman of the worlds most successful oil and petrol company. Kaido is dedicated to grooming his heir into inheriting the company/becoming CEO and he does it with tough love but the spoiled brat is hell bent on ideas and ideals such as climate change and soft values refusing to claim what's hers instead revolting and trying to turn the company her father built upside down.

Actually liked this chapter

An update on how the numbers look after Choppers conversion.
This should get closer after Otama's Orders.
Ussop managed to takeout the Beast Pirates propaganda communication network, which is vital in influencing morale.
Would be awesome if Ussop takes over as the announcer, his lies will be vital in completely crushing the enemy's morale.

Ulti is finally down, though she might come back if he's awakened for a final show down with Nami.

Information we've always guessed at but now being semi-confirmed, Luffy is the Joy Boy Oden was waiting for. Which also confirms what Whitebeard mentioned in Marineford about a man Roger was waiting for. Yamato joining the strawhats.

Kaido being in Wano because it's special is giving me Crocodile/Alabasta vibes. Wano's hiding an Ancient Weapon!

Yamato vs Kaido part was good, the rest was terrible.

Their is also a chance that Tama get even more screentime since she couldn't end her speech... Prepare for another Tama greatness chapter.

About Ulti vs Nami my though from spoiler thread:
"
It was not just her weapon, she basically did it on her own after a brutal battle, a great one with good tension, great cheoraphy and good artstyle overall with a great enemy for Nami:

These are the panels before she use the weapon, she did it on her own power, stop the attack with taking a painful attack.
Overall should I showcase the whole fight again? Just compare the fight with Miss Doublefinger vs Nami fight with Ulit.
That was Nami first big battle on her own, a battle who had anything.
Gag scene, Nami as character growing, as fighter growing, a good enemy with interesting moveset, cool attacks from both side, tricks like Nami making illusion, a very hard battle for Nami where she go over her limit, where she himself need to put the work in the end.
Great artstyle, a full fight who take over 4 chapters next to next, Oda make a great set up and end a great battle.
Same with Kalifa, Oda spend at least chapters and good battles.
Where both villian and protagonist show skills and interesting moveset, great matchups.

And now compare that what we get in the past with Ulti and Pageone vs Nami and Usopp...
Pageone barely show anything, dude has legit not shown any attack, Ulti had just one move, something liike interesting moveset with different skills in new world where haki and df can play a big role and all what we get is this?

I going to debate with anyone who wanna try to say me that Ulti+Pageone vs Nami and Usopp is actually a great battle, it isn´t it. No tension, no feeling, running over running, offscreens... Missdoublefinger show more then Pageone+Ulti did together.

And we wait 400chapters,10 years of hope for Nami to get again a real good battle, but nope, Tama is more important, Tama is actually stealing the show of the strawhats(even Ulti pointed it out this chapter lol).. The strawhats who let start us to read this manga get threat like side characters while side characters actually get threated better with far better panels(Scabbards) or Tama who has right now more screentime then King,Jinbe,WsW together....
Seeing the rating just confirm how bad this chapter was, people can ignore small mistakes but what Oda did with Nami and Usopp fight, that was really one of his worst work. Both didn't deserve this, 400chapter build, waiting to see a strawhat finally use his all skills but nope. Tama is probably for Oda more important. We as reader didn't start read One piece because of character like Tama or the scabbard,we watch it because of the strawhats and their story. If this continue like this the sales.even drop more for One piece.

Don't you remember Dressrosa? Punk Hazard? Fishman Island? Aside from Luffy and Sanji on WCI, every new world fight has been like this
I'm guessing this was supposed to be a non serious comment but the difference between the two is the amount of buildup this arc has had, the amount of chapters it's been, and the current setup (Characters are actually being set up for 1v1s now, unlike before). There's a huge difference between those arcs

Well, that was abysmal. After I defended Wano yesterday, he drops maybe the worst chapter of the arc.

I liked the small scale scene with sword guy and Toko at the start as a reminder of what is being fought for and as set up for them to be in mortal danger soon when the island drops.

The chess board, okay if unoriginal way of showing how the battle is going, but it’s not going to be interesting if the Strawhats just keep getting orher people on their sides- as the Gifters are now primed to tirn as well. That’s boring, at some point the Beast Pirates need to start wiping folk out and taking them “off the board.”

But jesus, the finale for Nami vs Ulti… at best I can say the gags were funny, but seriously, why on earth did Oda throw in Big Mom blasting Ulti, utterly cheapening Nami’s victory? And it looks like Page One really is down for good (the great loser of the Beast Pirates, him)? If he was only going to get up to get beaten in a cheap half fight with Usopp, he might as well stay down anyway.

it was just so bad, and it should have been really good. Oda had told us that Nami just needed better lightning to beat Ulti. Why add in Big Mom utterly mauling her beforehand, making this a glorified Nami vs Absalom? Just completely unnecessary. Bad enough that Big Mom seems to be the one to have beaten Page One for good and taken one Strawhat fight away, but to also be basically the reason for a second- blech.

Yamato vs Kaido, not all that interesting either tbh. Wano is special for some reason (we know that already), Yamato wants to leave with Luffy (we know that already as well, but people have been arguing against it so okay), a maybe CoC/maybe CoA clash and a break.

At least the fights are wrapping up, and the others should be better without Big Mom flying in and doing the Strawhats work for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.