Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

humanbeing

the question is will the BM pirates join soon? if yes then WsW will not stand again
Oda might have been planing for Jinbe to defeat Smoothie it will make much sense Smoohtie like all of the BMPs has a gurdge against Jinbe and that way Oda will be able to give Jinbe a commander to defeat and 1B+ bounty.

I'm afraid the BMP situation might be risolve in Elbaf. I would be kinda shocked if BM fell this arc and so would probably the BPM in general in such instance.

Jimbei vs WsW just a overrated match-up. Not even important. Oda try to make hype for WsW.
Nah. Don't get it
I hope it is this way. The odds for Jinbe to get a new opponent look consistent right now which could make this argument more valid odds wise as well. At least for what concerns the combat battle aspect specifically.

Interesting wording choice between the fan and viz translations, as I recall I don’t think I ever saw “casual racism” being a term used in the series before, with terms like “discriminatory” and “prejudice” being used instead, which I suppose depends on how you distinguish between them, opinion, belief, etc. and how Japan might differentiate that from the West.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Damn, Oda is even now introducing a Who’s Who/Shanks rivalry?

Looks like Shanks really is below Yonko Commander level lol. But we already knew Yonko < Yonko commander as Marco made Big Mom his bitch @Seraphoenix

• Sun God Nika doesn't have wings and is just a regular human. Luffy sailing the seas and liberating the islands on a Sunny. Luffy lights his fists on fire with Red Hawk and Red Roc while his antagonist Blackbeard has the power of darkness. This rabbit hole goes on forever.

• I prefer Nami calling Zeus a partner rather than a sidekick. At least he's been promoted from slave, Jinbe would approve.
  • Daifugo now using armament haki when he was getting trounced by seastone-cuffed Luffy in Udon. :finally:The O-Tama power ups are real.

• It's such a cathartic feeling seeing the silly Gifter baddies that got one-shotted chapter after chapter all arc now back saving everyone in 1017 and 1018.
I was tempted to call it last week, but this chapter for me settles that Rokushiki is just haki. Who's Who uses Tekkai and just blackens his teeth, which would be as pointless as using Tekkai on a sword since Tekkai supposedly involves only muscles. Oda could easily emphasize that techniques are being stacked. Instead, we just get Jinbe pointing to his CoA-covered arm calling it Tekkai in jest.

The CP9 all had haki in the Vivre Cards because Rokushiki contains haki. Oda will take a vague idea from early in the story then develop much later, ignoring minor inconsistencies such as Lucci's Shigan not hurting Luffy's throat, but you only really need to understand the current context.

Interesting that the World Government thought covering their fists or weapons in haki wasn't good enough and created a much more complex fighting style for their agents with Soru for speed, Geppo for mobility, Rankyaku for range, Shigan for weapon-less assasination, etc. Rokuogan, the secret advanced form, certainly makes sense as the haki projection Luffy learned in Udon and Rayleigh/Boa sisters/Sentomaru showcased before. If Who's Who has one more final attack in him left, it will be a Rokuogan technique to prove he a genius like Lucci. At least he can move in Tekkai like Jabra.

I like the direction Oda went with Who's Who here that's not getting recognized much. He could have easily written WW as a human version of Hody given his past of being a WG agent presumably brainwashed like the EL CP9 members from chilhood into believing the WG ideology that Celestials are gods, Fishmen are monsters and slaves. But Oda took account of Who's Who getting humbled in prison and his current position as an executive in a crew of freaks. You can't tell me there was an ulterior motive behind Who's Who smile to purge Kaido's hierarchy of the non-humans:

Kaido is the strongest creature. King is a winged mystery, Jack is a fishman, Queen is a cyborg, Black Maria is a giant with Yamato horns. The Numbers are Ancient Giant-looking experimental freaks incapable of speech. The Gifters are a circus show and the Pleasures can't even express emotion. There is even what looks like a Mink in Who's Who posse running away this chapter. Yet the only one he was troubled by was the double crosser X-Drake.

Who's Who's angle is that he's sympathetic but ultimately ignorant of Jinbe and the Fishman. He calls him slow on land then quickly apologizes for it. Jinbe is not too bothered by the occasional insult like when Crocodile called his kind barbaric. It's only when Who's Who goes beyond the surface level and makes a derogatory comment about the history of the fishmen, trying it connect it all to Nika, that he steps on a landmine involving the Sun Pirates, Fisher Tiger, everyone Jinbe worked to protect in Fishman Island serving as a Warlord/along Whitebeard/under Big Mom. Jinbe was never a slave so it's not even personal. Whether Who's Who did it by accident or was trying to rile up Jinbe, I think it's great that big blue snaps thinking of everyone but himself.

I have to applaud Oda for combining a nice fight between martial artists Who's Who and Jinbe, a lore dump session involving the Gomu Gomu and Nika, and making it feel a bit personal for Jinbe on top of that. Usually we either get the fight or the story, but Who's Who really stepped up as a minor villain and we didn't even need to see his face. Jinbe's first 1v1 as a Strawhat will be a memorable fight for sure.

Yall think Who's Who has a Sun brand on his forehead?

Could be why he's so curious about Nika and fishmen. Jack likely doesnt know much
Could also be why Oda teased the mask thing before the fight.

Hopefully the fight continues and Jimbei just knocked his mask off haha

Last edited:
Luffy being the chosen one is getting worse from time to time.
They're a lot of hints that luffy is that sun God. Also maybe joy boy? Come one Oda.

But Jinbe was a beast!♡​
I don't think Nika=Joy Boy, it is not a necessity
Post automatically merged:

Guys CoA has many layers and levels, the advanced form is the internal destruction haki but other forms like super hardening and Ryou haki plus advanced techniques like utilizing both DF and CoA in a fire pattern like shape is only advanced techniques in basic haki
Post automatically merged:

Guys let's not argue much, Jinbei when he used regular armament did get pierced by who's who(and it makes sense since he is combining Haki with Rokushiki) but then Jinbei used a stronger armament the same one used by Katakuri to overcome Who's Who and utterly overwhelm him

Last edited:
  • Sun God Nika doesn't have wings and is just a regular human. Luffy sailing the seas and liberating the islands on a Sunny. Luffy lights his fists on fire with Red Hawk and Red Roc while his antagonist Blackbeard has the power of darkness. This rabbit hole goes on forever.

• I prefer Nami calling Zeus a partner rather than a sidekick. At least he's been promoted from slave, Jinbe would approve.
  • Daifugo now using armament haki when he was getting trounced by seastone-cuffed Luffy in Udon. :finally:The O-Tama power ups are real.

• It's such a cathartic feeling seeing the silly Gifter baddies that got one-shotted chapter after chapter all arc now back saving everyone in 1017 and 1018.
I was tempted to call it last week, but this chapter for me settles that Rokushiki is just haki. Who's Who uses Tekkai and just blackens his teeth, which would be as pointless as using Tekkai on a sword since Tekkai supposedly involves only muscles. Oda could easily emphasize that techniques are being stacked. Instead, we just get Jinbe pointing to his CoA-covered arm calling it Tekkai in jest.

The CP9 all had haki in the Vivre Cards because Rokushiki contains haki. Oda will take a vague idea from early in the story then develop much later, ignoring minor inconsistencies such as Lucci's Shigan not hurting Luffy's throat, but you only really need to understand the current context.

Interesting that the World Government thought covering their fists or weapons in haki wasn't good enough and created a much more complex fighting style for their agents with Soru for speed, Geppo for mobility, Rankyaku for range, Shigan for weapon-less assasination, etc. Rokuogan, the secret advanced form, certainly makes sense as the haki projection Luffy learned in Udon and Rayleigh/Boa sisters/Sentomaru showcased before. If Who's Who has one more final attack in him left, it will be a Rokuogan technique to prove he a genius like Lucci. At least he can move in Tekkai like Jabra.

I like the direction Oda went with Who's Who here that's not getting recognized much. He could have easily written WW as a human version of Hody given his past of being a WG agent presumably brainwashed like the EL CP9 members from chilhood into believing the WG ideology that Celestials are gods, Fishmen are monsters and slaves. But Oda took account of Who's Who getting humbled in prison and his current position as an executive in a crew of freaks. You can't tell me there was an ulterior motive behind Who's Who smile to purge Kaido's hierarchy of the non-humans:

Kaido is the strongest creature. King is a winged mystery, Jack is a fishman, Queen is a cyborg, Black Maria is a giant with Yamato horns. The Numbers are Ancient Giant-looking experimental freaks incapable of speech. The Gifters are a circus show and the Pleasures can't even express emotion. There is even what looks like a Mink in Who's Who posse running away this chapter. Yet the only one he was troubled by was the double crosser X-Drake.

Who's Who's angle is that he's sympathetic but ultimately ignorant of Jinbe and the Fishman. He calls him slow on land then quickly apologizes for it. Jinbe is not too bothered by the occasional insult like when Crocodile called his kind barbaric. It's only when Who's Who goes beyond the surface level and makes a derogatory comment about the history of the fishmen, trying it connect it all to Nika, that he steps on a landmine involving the Sun Pirates, Fisher Tiger, everyone Jinbe worked to protect in Fishman Island serving as a Warlord/along Whitebeard/under Big Mom. Jinbe was never a slave so it's not even personal. Whether Who's Who did it by accident or was trying to rile up Jinbe, I think it's great that big blue snaps thinking of everyone but himself.

I have to applaud Oda for combining a nice fight between martial artists Who's Who and Jinbe, a lore dump session involving the Gomu Gomu and Nika, and making it feel a bit personal for Jinbe on top of that. Usually we either get the fight or the story, but Who's Who really stepped up as a minor villain and we didn't even need to see his face. Jinbe's first 1v1 as a Strawhat will be a memorable fight for sure.
I guess next chapter we get to see WhosWho face and the final round of this fight!WhosWho didn't show all rokushiki techniques like people pointed out!I think Jinbe broke his mask this chapter!

You know Who Who was smirking because he as thinking of calling Jack the F-Word.

Re, the Haki thing, every example of Haki before the New World is inconsistent with the current depiction. From Shanks in Chapter 1, to Zoro supposedly cutting Mr. 1 with Haki which everyone accepts but is 10000% Inconsistent with Zoro vs Enel to Rokushiki (to be fair, they never say that they tense their muscles.
They say, "we can turn our bodies into hard shells if we choose." The 'how' has always been a fan guess. You can read the entire manga, some examples of Rokushiki are even "We trained by sitting in the mountains for x days and x nights", which is how you'd expect CoO to develop. Sidenote: Life Return could be an advanced CoO application.

Moving on, from everyone needing to put their hand out to use CoA, to literally no one acting like CoA was a thing when shooting at Ace, or even Akainu saying "My fire is hotter than yours" instead of "My Haki is greater than yours", and so on. Even people verbally distinguishing between Armamnent and Observation as opposed to just "haki" or "Kuja haki" is a thing that's beyond "Luffy didn't know". I don't know what Van Der Waal's forces are, but my ears aren't filtering em out.

But yeah, that Rokushiki = haki was 80% confirmed from Vivre Card. 90% when Jinbei asked, and 100% when Who's-Who said "Tekkai" and the Haki effect covered him. I dunno what else people want. Perhaps this dialogue and an SBS?
"Hey Jinbei. Randomly for no reason at all, the six powers are haki. I mean you said it and I confirmed, but just need to say it one more time for any people who didn't get it. I mean we shout out and explain our powers for a reason but 30 years olds on the internet are still unsure about it."
"STFU Garfield, you're weird."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.