Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're annoyed that I have a different opinion on things? I can give oda a lot of shit for things. I didn't like that (if it is actually the end) how the end of the ulti fight was handled. Along with that the Olin plotline was BS. I still give arcs like Long ring and syrup village a 4/10. have I insulted oda enough to your liking
No, it’s annoying that whenever we’re criticizing Oda you’re the first guy to jump to defend him.

Everyone here who's anti-"F6 recovering" can't even explain why the transitions feel entirely off. Yes, both Jinbe and Franky allegedly use their strongest techniques, but notice last time you see them:

These are the last times you see their faces before the scenes oddly transition away from their events. Now some people might not take this as a big deal, but this actually is really odd to me.

Take Jinbe's for example. He punches WsW in the face, we get ZERO closeup shots of WsW, no instances of the mask breaking, and he's screaming. The chapter ends and as a reader, I would 100% expect Oda to have shown the the outcome the next chapter, just like Sanji in Chapter 415 to 416:

It ends here

First page of Chapter 416:

Jinbe's scene ends in 1018, and we get zero updates in 1019 regarding it. Last thing we see is his angry face. Nothing regarding the outcome of the fight at all.

Now, do the same for Franky. It "allegedly" ends in the same chapter. If we are making that comparison, then you can just compare to Franky's last fight, in 775:

Once again, compare this:

to this:

Hopefully people can understand what I mean when I say this feels really off when it comes to the fights actually ending.

Even Ulti's "end" is really weird:
It's not weird at all, you're making it weird.

For example, lets pull out your Jinbei example. First, you say we don't get the "post enemy defeat quip", but we do. Jinbei says his one after his attack.
Next, you talk about Franky right after your comment on not seeing Jinbei's enemy's face. But once again, we see Sasaki's face, and Ulti's face, both after defeating their enemies.

I mean, you could be right that the battles aren't over. But what would the payoff be? Enemies stand up and get put back down again?

It's not weird at all, you're making it weird.

For example, lets pull out your Jinbei example. First, you say we don't get the "post enemy defeat quip", but we do. Jinbei says his one after his attack.
Next, you talk about Franky right after your comment on not seeing Jinbei's enemy's face. But once again, we see Sasaki's face, and Ulti's face, both after defeating their enemies.

I mean, you could be right that the battles aren't over. But what would the payoff be? Enemies stand up and get put back down again?
I'm not making it weird. We dont get the "instance" of a victory, which Oda always draws. What I mean by this is the real aftermath. Villain laying on the floor and/or the protagonist saying something that compliments their victory. This happens with pretty every battle in the series. I honestly can't think of one where it didn't happen or gave the same effect.

And the payoff would be that we get more action, moves and desperation from these characters, on both sides. There is nothing wrong with wanting longer fights, especially against a Yonko crew. Already it looks as of Franky struggled more against Senor Pink than Sasaki, which is weird considering. Yes, the latter had his armor, but that still doesn't explain the immediate transition away from the fight before we see anything that gives off the vibe that "it's done".

Trust me, I would have been the first person to say it was over of we got those scenes, and still would if we manage to get them. If the beginning of this chapter had the end to Jinbe's fight instead of the monster trio events, and if the end had the end to Frankys fight instead of the 2 pages given to Yamato, I would be saying right now that those fights are over.

At this time though, they are just....missing.

7.5/10

Franky vs Sasaki was a good fight but I think it was too short. Zoro will finally help Marco to defeat King.
Luffy wakes up.
Yamato's hybrid form is beautiful despite he's too similar to Sulong Mink.
Zoro ain't helping marco fight king. If that were the case oda would have had marco be the one to heal zoro to make marco vulnerable to king thus allowing zoro to step in to fight king. However oda didnt di that. He literally created a way for zoro to get healed without even hindering the marco vs King fight

Status
Not open for further replies.