Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there really some people left, who think that PageOne, Ulti, Who's Who and Sasaki aren't out yet?

Good Lord, how obvious does Oda have to be?

Those fights are over. Oda wants to get to the finale of the arc, this much is painfully obvious.

Now you can hate that, which I kind of understand from a writing perspective (I think Oda handled those matchups very poorly), but it is what it is.
Delete your account when they get back up ok?
Post automatically merged:

Love the delusional :suresure:
You must love it because you're the delusional one bro

In all seriousness, while i do think there's still a possibility for the F6 to come back later/not be defeated yet, i'm mostly just not satisfied with how the SH fights are being handled so far.

It feels like the strawhats aren't struggling that much, not using new moves, not getting to learn haki(for those who could really use it like Chopper, Brook or Franky) and just not growing much as a result.
-Nami was the only one who i felt ended up stronger after her fight but even then that was mostly because of Zeus. But well at least she had some good character moments.
-P1 wasn't even taken down by Usopp and didn't even get to show off a cool attack of his own. It robs both him and Usopp of any sort of spotlight.
-WsW vs Jinbe was actually very good in terms of lenght, character interaction and backstory, and WsW got to show off a lot of his attacks. What it lacked for me was Jinbe showing any sign of struggle or difficulty, it was a mid diff at worst for Jinbe.
-Franky vs Sasaki has felt the most "even" out of the matchups so far at least, but again, it feels like Franky was already strong enough to defeat him so all he really needed was the removal of fodder, without any real growth.

To me there's something wrong when New World Straw Hats overcoming Yonko crew commanders has somehow not felt as satisfying as Usopp defeating Chew with hot sauce and a hammer or Franky and Mr. Pink taking turns punching each other. It contributes to the general perception of the raid feeling like it doesn't have much tension and it feels like a disservice to both the strawhats AND Kaido's crew. I hope the calamity fights are at least handled better but i can't help but worry at this point, specially with Sanji seemingly having an easy time without the RS against Queen's hybrid form so far.

We have to consider that after Kaido's defeat, the SH are pretty much going to be considered a Yonko crew, so having at least those outside the weak trio leave Wano feeling like they really grew and can now fight on the level of yonko veterans at least would feel necessary. Yet the monster trio and Jinbe are still the only ones with armament haki, something even Bellamy could use :lusalty:

I'm assuming the Disasters get two chapters. The Tobi Roppo, at best, get a chapter and a half.

Volume 100 (Super Cover 2)
  • 1005–1014
Volume 101 (Super Cover 3)
  • 1015–1018
  • 1019: Black Maria
  • 1020: Perospero
  • 1021: Jack (P1)
  • 1022: Jack (P2)
  • 1023: Queen (P1)
  • 2024: Queen (P2)
Volume 102
  • 1025: King (P1)
  • 1026: King (P2)
If Page One recovers, it'd bump it up to 1027. If Who's-Who somehow goes to Brook, he'd fall with Black Maria.

In all seriousness, while i do think there's still a possibility for the F6 to come back later/not be defeated yet, i'm mostly just not satisfied with how the SH fights are being handled so far.

It feels like the strawhats aren't struggling that much, not using new moves, not getting to learn haki(for those who could really use it like Chopper, Brook or Franky) and just not growing much as a result.
-Nami was the only one who i felt ended up stronger after her fight but even then that was mostly because of Zeus. But well at least she had some good character moments.
-P1 wasn't even taken down by Usopp and didn't even get to show off a cool attack of his own. It robs both him and Usopp of any sort of spotlight.
-WsW vs Jinbe was actually very good in terms of lenght, character interaction and backstory, and WsW got to show off a lot of his attacks. What it lacked for me was Jinbe showing any sign of struggle or difficulty, it was a mid diff at worst for Jinbe.
-Franky vs Sasaki has felt the most "even" out of the matchups so far at least, but again, it feels like Franky was already strong enough to defeat him so all he really needed was the removal of fodder, without any real growth.

To me there's something wrong when New World Straw Hats overcoming Yonko crew commanders has somehow not felt as satisfying as Usopp defeating Chew with hot sauce and a hammer or Franky and Mr. Pink taking turns punching each other. It contributes to the general perception of the raid feeling like it doesn't have much tension and it feels like a disservice to both the strawhats AND Kaido's crew. I hope the calamity fights are at least handled better but i can't help but worry at this point, specially with Sanji seemingly having an easy time without the RS against Queen's hybrid form so far.

We have to consider that after Kaido's defeat, the SH are pretty much going to be considered a Yonko crew, so having at least those outside the weak trio leave Wano feeling like they really grew and can now fight on the level of yonko veterans at least would feel necessary. Yet the monster trio and Jinbe are still the only ones with armament haki, something even Bellamy could use :lusalty:
No one but Usopp should be expected to learn Haki. That is setting yourself up for failure
Post automatically merged:

I'm assuming the Disasters get two chapters. The Tobi Roppo, at best, get a chapter and a half.

Volume 100 (Super Cover 2)
  • 1005–1014
Volume 101 (Super Cover 3)
  • 1015–1018
  • 1019: Black Maria
  • 1020: Perospero
  • 1021: Jack (P1)
  • 1022: Jack (P2)
  • 1023: Queen (P1)
  • 2024: Queen (P2)
Volume 102
  • 1025: King (P1)
  • 1026: King (P2)
If Page One recovers, it'd bump it up to 1027. If Who's-Who somehow goes to Brook, he'd fall with Black Maria.
Page One is done as a villain. His defeat already got announced

H

humanbeing

Wish Jack and Perospero will be defeated by the strawhats as well. but who knows the strawhast are finishing their fights they can gang up against Jack and Perspero.
Usopp , Nami and Brook vs Perospero .
Jinbe, Franky , Chopper and Robin vs Jack.

Usopp has awakened Haki in DR, and we have not yet been shown a single hint of both types of Haki. Sanji got a new suit, Zoro got a new sword and a new fire technique. Nami got the same analogue of DF, but this is still the power of BM. I don't say anything about Luffy at all, but at least his progress towards strength is shown. But the others did not show anything new. There is no what was before, overcoming, and the raid itself is generally some kind of joke. Everything is so easy and simple for them, as if this is not a war against the strongest creature with his team.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You know, it really isn’t weird or out of place that Franky keeps racking up the W’s this arc and looks badass doing it…if y’all had been paying attention to anything in the story outside of Zoro/Sanji or Yonkos/admirals, you’d notice that the guy has had nothing but spectacular, dramatic, and thrilling victories against everyone from Fukurou to Ikaros Much to Senor Pink. Just being a member of a Yonko’s crew doesn’t make Sasaki the strongest guy in the room, and Franky’s pulled out the win against progressively more powerful people from the start, so if you slept on him and think he shouldn’t have done so here, it’s your own damn fault :kayneshrug:

its because

the fights

are not

over yet

Oda handled the build up terribly. It took us what? 100 chapters to finally get into the fights?
That isn't even a concern for me.

Wano is the biggest arc up to date, such a massive buildup was ok.

It was the way this buildup was executed. The Tobi Roppo were literally introduced in the last minute, just to present us some random 1-vs-1 opponents for the lesser SHs in the last minute.

It was the way this buildup was executed. The Tobi Roppo were literally introduced in the last minute, just to present us some random 1-vs-1 opponents for the lesser SHs in the last minute.
It's really no different than Jabra, Kumadori and Fukurou not being introduced until Enies Lobby.

We knew about CP9 in Water 7 and met Lucci, Bleuno, Kaku, and Kalifa first then saved the rest for Enies Lobby. Just like we learned about the Tobi Roppo in Wano with Drake and Page One.

If anything its less random because we knew there were 6 members to begin with, so we anticipated seeing the remaining 4 members.

Usopp has awakened Haki in DR, and we have not yet been shown a single hint of both types of Haki. Sanji got a new suit, Zoro got a new sword and a new fire technique. Nami got the same analogue of DF, but this is still the power of BM. I don't say anything about Luffy at all, but at least his progress towards strength is shown. But the others did not show anything new. There is no what was before, overcoming, and the raid itself is generally some kind of joke. Everything is so easy and simple for them, as if this is not a war against the strongest creature with his team.
Well we've never seen Franky's Radical beam hit someone strong, so there's that. Also, the Franky Shogun is a new model, even though it looks the same. Remember the old one took some damage at Punk Hazard and Franky mentioned he rebuilt it to be stronger on Onigashima?

Jinbe: Well, this is him going all out basically. Never seen him this pushed.

You know, it really isn’t weird or out of place that Franky keeps racking up the W’s this arc and looks badass doing it…if y’all had been paying attention to anything in the story outside of Zoro/Sanji or Yonkos/admirals, you’d notice that the guy has had nothing but spectacular, dramatic, and thrilling victories against everyone from Fukurou to Ikaros Much to Senor Pink. Just being a member of a Yonko’s crew doesn’t make Sasaki the strongest guy in the room, and Franky’s pulled out the win against progressively more powerful people from the start, so if you slept on him and think he shouldn’t have done so here, it’s your own damn fault :kayneshrug:
Fights with struggle are more satifying than those without it imo.
My problem with Franky vs Sasaki isn't "Franky should be weaker so it makes more sense", it's "Sasaki should be stronger so Franky can look even better and show more growth from defeating him".

Hell, Franky's most badass moment post timeskip happened specifically because he took so much damage from Sr. Pink's suplex and still stood back up to finish the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.