What do you guys think Yamato's mythical devil fruit is?

• Kirin/Qilin

Votes: 81 32.3%
  • The Amaterasu Wolf from Ōkami

Votes: 110 43.8%
  • Lion King

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 32 12.7%
  • Dragopuppy is a slow mod

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • TACy is even worse

Votes: 14 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Zoro showed he has no problem against invisibility when he easily blocked Kaido's invisible slash that the Scabbards couldn't react to.
- Sanji has gotten hit by relatively slow opponents like Page 1.
- Zoro has enough AP to replicate Oden's feat and scar Hybrid Kaido

Can you explain how the fight wouldn't just be Zoro one shotting (or two shotting if I'm being generous) Sanji, keeping these factors in mind?
-Those slashes are nothing special: moving in straight lines and they do not have a brain. Incomparable to an actual very fast character, that can anticipate the opponents' movements, can dodge/change directions and all... Was that enough?
- He tried to block him, which he did not have to do and which he wouldn't try if Zoro launches a big move, as he is a pretty solid observation haki user.
And btw on a meta level: Oda obv wanted to showcase the RS' strengths and hyping him up, whereby that city block tanking feat certainly helped, meaning "P1 being able to tag him" should be taking with a grain of salt.
- Yeah I know. And in general each and every top tier has enough fire power to kill each other in one go (besides Kaido) . But since when are battles only decided by who has the bigger pp?
What do you want me to say about this? Acknowledging that he's able to potentially kill Sanji? Yes, he is able to do so.
Will he have problems connecting those kill shots? Yes, he will. Which is my point.
As he is: super agile, super fast, skilled in CoO, is additionally invisiblend and.. and.. and.

Now it's my turn. Didn't Sanji block a move called "Enma slash" right after the cliff cutting scene within close quarter range?
Wasn't Kaido in Dragon Form seen dodging Hiryu Kaen, even though he was right in front of his face?
Sanji can dodge Katakuri's jelly bean in a scene, where Oda via visuals puts emphasis on at how good that dodging feat just was, but he cannot anticipate swordstrikes?

Little disclaimer: I'm not arguing that Sanji wins or that he's the superior combatant, just that out of everyone relevant, he will most likely end up as one of the more difficult matches for Zoro. Will become even more obvious if Oda possibly pulls out some decent CoO feats during the Queen fight.

Im with you on Yamato train, that makes most logical sense

I think like Dressrosa, Oda will create another plot device that with make Franky and Jimbe involved in that instead of the fighting

Also Oda does have an ace up the sleeve for Denjiro as well
Totally. A big thing we could be forgetting is the idea that there are tasks that don't need to be achieved combatively. Things like Sanji closing the Gates of Justice during Enies Lobby instead of fighting fodder would be an example.

At this point I just try to be as patient as possible. Whether Oda is "rushing" through these fights or as some other bigger plan for the F6, im open to it until we know the end conclusion. As of now its just hard to make a concrete observation since a character like Ulti has recovered multiple times before dropping the last time.

Jack himself has recovered and hasn't shown his hybrid off yet, which may or may not imply Inu is just not his fight yet. Same with King and Marco, where the former has not shown hybrid either.. Oda waited until Sanji fought Queen to have Queen go hybrid. WsW went hybrid against Jinbe and I assume Sasaki is going hybrid this chapter. This could potentially support new matchups for King and Jack then (which my guesses are totally still Zoro and Yamato, former being a bit more obvious, the latter being harder to guess). I say Yamato only because it does feel like Oda won't change the status quo on the monster trio, but is painting Yamato as someone who can at least handle a calamity (and is currently handling a Yonko for now). That would have me put her above Jinbe, and tbh would make Jack the perfect opponent for her once she is damaged from Kaido (if that happens).

Crocodile said that the main strength of an awakened Zoan is his durability, endurance and his insane recovery rate.
Yeah agree I know, because that I think they are half 50% of the true power since Chopper not only get insane durability, endurance and insane recovery in monsterpoint, he also get insane power and speed:
The transformation grants Chopper a tremendous boost in his physical attributes. His body becomes incredibly dense and durable, as Kumadori could not harm Chopper with his Shigan and Rankyaku attacks, while Kalifa's Rankyaku simply bounced off of his face, all the while without any recoil.

Offense-wise, he possesses immense raw strength, and according to Dr. Kureha, Chopper once leveled an entire village on Drum Island when he achieved this form for the first time. He was able to defeat very powerful opponents with ease, as seen when he used sheer brute force to smash through CP9 member Kumadori's Tekkai and then tossed the man's unconscious body several miles away; Chopper's roar alone was fearsome enough to disable some of Kumadori's techniques.
The first part is exactly what Sir Crocodile said before, insane incredibly dense and durable body.
In second part however we see how insane strong Chopper became with monsterpoint, his physical power was incredible and his reaction and overall speed get overall better.

And not forget the Jailers where also incredible fast:

I think the Jailer where not 100% awakenend, not like Chopper, we know Vegapunk experince with devilfruit powers, I assume they push the zoans, it not totally fail since they became powerfull, but it didn´t give them the powers with they expect to get.

I think awakenend zoans get overall all boost states, but at most strenght, durable, heavy and get strong endurance/stamina are the main forte for awakenend zoans.

G

Gorosei Informer

What kind of animal is Yamato? A dog!?
She might be a white wolf god/goddess/deity lol. If you know Amaterasu from Okami, that's the best example.

OH SNAP!

https://ralphhaussler.weebly.com/wolf-mythologie-japan.html

Ancient historic accounts from Japan report this mythical story how the wolf deity, a white wolf (白狼, shirōkami), in times of need suddenly appeared to Yamato Takeru, son of Emperor Keikko (around AD100). Takaru got lost on a road near Mitakesan (御嶽山) when a local demon shapeshifted into a white deer (白鹿) and obstructed the road. The white wolf showed him the way and let his army on the right path, "and Takeru commanded the white wolf to stay in Mitakesan as a true god, in order to slay any local demons."
For similar reference, Catarina Devon has the Kyuubi 9 Tails Mythical Zoan but Oda made it a variation of the Inu/Dog fruit. Mythical Inu Inu: Model Kitsune or whatever?

Yamato might be a similar case. Similar to also how Kaido is a fish type fruit but model sea dragon or whatever? Seiryuu? And how the Beast Pirates Ancient Zoans are variations of "dragon fruits" ironically despite being dinosaurs and not dragons? Oda's logic is honestly weird but that's the Japanese too for you.

:nicagesmile::kaidowhat:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
She might be a white wolf god/goddess/deity lol. If you know Amaterasu from Okami, that's the best example.

For similar reference, Catarina Devon has the Kyuubi 9 Tails Mythical Zoan but Oda made it a variation of the Inu/Dog fruit. Mythical Inu Inu: Model Kitsune or whatever?

Yamato might be a similar case. Similar to also how Kaido is a fish type fruit but model sea dragon or whatever? Seiryuu? And how the Beast Pirates Ancient Zoans are variations of "dragon fruits" ironically despite being dinosaurs and not dragons? Oda's logic is honestly weird but that's the Japanese too for you.

:nicagesmile::kaidowhat:
I sorta do!

Orochi was badass in that game

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
sulong carrot is more badass than a hybrid Yamato form, but it Yamato>>
Honestly, we’re making huge assumptions based on a rough sketch provided by someone other than the author of the series…I have always thought that Carrot’s Sulong form looked elegant and prim, two things that are decidedly not badass. I’ll wait until the images drop to say for sure, but in my opinion, hybrid Yamato already looks more feral, powerful, and sleek, all things I would say ARE badass :kata:

Honestly, we’re making huge assumptions based on a rough sketch provided by someone other than the author of the series…I have always thought that Carrot’s Sulong form looked elegant and prim, two things that are decidedly not badass. I’ll wait until the images drop to say for sure, but in my opinion, hybrid Yamato already looks more feral, powerful, and sleek, all things I would say ARE badass :kata:
We also have to wait for the color and abilities

if it’s white and has electric powers it’s game over, no mercy for the carrot boys

B

Ballel

Yamato with an elegant hybrid would look weird. Elegant doesn't suit her.
Yamato needs a more wild looking design.

B

Ballel

We also have to wait for the color and abilities

if it’s white and has electric powers it’s game over, no mercy for the carrot boys
Electric powers on Yamato would be lame tbh. The electro power is inherent to all minks , not even specific to sulong.

I don't see why Yamato would have electric powers tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.