Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I thought the fight was good, today, after watching it again, I realized that this is another stupid fight(The whole fight is drawn beautifully, this is indisputable.).
During the entire fight, Robin never grew her hands on Maria's body, which she always did against her opponents. Wouldn't it be easier for her to catch and break her limbs that way? 1 big srike
And Maria? She immobilizes Robin's giant form and goes to beat her, running over Robin herself, although her goal is to catch her. 1 strike
And when Robin finally got into the net, she does not neutralize her, like Sanji, but begins to beat her, mocking her. 2 stike
Well, okay, Robin has freed herself, and is using her strongest form, but why was Maria scared? After all, recently she beat almost the same form with her fists, mocking her? Because of the horns, wings, and shadows? 3 strike
She makes herself easy to catch, although just a couple of pages from the same captures she defended herself with a web, laughing. 4 strike
It's not even funny. Oda makes both fighters look like fools, and if this is the norm with opponents, then with Robin I did not understand why he did this.
Ah, yes

Sanji: Really, Oda? Why you hate me so much?
Yep you are right, it looked cool, but the entire fight did not make much sense.

Well, that’s not just the best fight of Onigashima so far, it’s one of my favourite fights in OP. I was very worried after Nami vs Ulti (and given the nature of Robin’s powers) that Oda would make another “fight” where we don’t actually see the girls hit each other. Great evolution of Robin as the demon child, now supporting her friends in battle after EL.

Brook was his usual great supporting self, with CP-0 looking to be the thing that keeps the Strawhats occupied once their fights are done, hopefully he can stand out on his own there.

As for adult Momo, kudos for those who predicted it. My gut instinct is that it won’t change that much (On Wano, at least, maybe big repercussions in 5e future)
-he’ll hold up Onigashima with his dragon powers. I expected this anyway, but it seems Oda wants to give him a boost to make him capable
-he should be the one to take down Orochi with Ame. That’s a change, I thought it would be Denjiro or Hiyori. That‘ll be payoff for all the training we’ve seen him do
-I don’t think he’ll do much, if anything, against Kaido. Hope not, anyway. Oda should be aware of making too cheap a power jump. Orochi is fodder, so that’s fine, but Kaido, should be beyond him. Although I can see a Father-Som Kamehameha like sword attack on Kaido’s scar where Kaido’s Oden PTSD acts like Mother Carmel’s picture and allows Momo to hurt him
-I said “take down“ Orochi and not “kill” for a reason. If he’s still mentally the same, I can’t see Oda let a child, even a child in an adults body, kill anyone.

Bigger discussion point is it adding something interesting for the next Strawhat discussion. Again, I don’t think it will change much- Momo wants to be Shogun, Yamato wants to go to sea with Luffy. Momo’s story this arc seems to be leading to him becoming a man in his own right, living up to hisnfather’s legacy and making his own choice, to stay on Wano as Shogun (which Oden never actually achieved).

But I certainly can’t ignore the possibility that Momo feels the need to go with Luffy to Laugh Tale, like his father did, to be the true Shogun. I don’t think it will happen, but it’s there. In which case, Yamato will only be going on one trip, because there aren’t going to be two Strawhats based on the one Wano plot.

An aged up Tama would also put the cat among the pigeons.
I don't think Tama has to be turned into an Adult to join the SHs as we know crews can have apprentices so he could always join as one ^^. After this chapter though, I'm strongly leaning towards Momo joining as an apprentice as well. For one he doesn't seem like a side character that can just be put aside after this arc, he seems to be a very special existence and also seems have some kinda purpose he needs to fulfil but the biggest reason I think he joins the SHs now is that I don't think it is sustainable to have a kid in an adult's body for the rest of their life. Moreover even if Shinobu is unable to revert him back Bonney could potentially do so and the SHs or at least Zoro is already familiar with her abilities, so he could join with a secondary or primary goal to go out to see to find Bonney to help him revert back to his old state ^^

Also just thought of sumin interesting :p

We had 3 members join the SHs in the first half of the grandline so I've seen some theories about there potentially being another 3 in the new world. Only problem is that Luffy said he wants 10 nakama so it doesn't fit. However! How about one new nakama and two apprentices :steef:

But their Ancient Zoans not Special Zoans.:kaidowhat:

If they were Mythical Zoans then I could understand.

I guess it's just Oda being Oda.:sanmoji:
Honestly the spider fire ting is most likely akin to circus performers spitting out fire ^^. The Spider itself seems to have consciousness so it's possible that it was trained to be able to do that ^^. I don't think Maria can use fire without some sorta gimmick.

And after all, Maria should still own CoA and CoO, as one of the highest officers of Yonko. But they don't need to use them for some reason. Ulti and W'sW is currently the most adequate fighter among TP, although Oda also mocked her.
Yeah the haki thing is bad. To be fair, Black Maria i kind of can tolerate since she is so versatile with poison, fire, webs and a weapon, she can credibly make up for it and still be among the F6 but Sasaki was a no-go as a purely physical fighter.

The tactics on both sides, Robin and BM, did not make much sense in this fight, but yeah, looks cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.