Should MonsterZoro be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Western comics really can’t write good villains. They can write entertaining ones but very few are deep well written characters.
Well, aside from the obvious all-time great like The Joker (his rad backstory in The Killing Joke is a fucking must-read), I agree that most comic book villains are generic. Some famous comic book protagonists like Batman, Spider Man, and Silver Surfer are great characters with plenty of depth, but great villains are indeed even rarer. At least, from my limited exposure to western comics of the last decade, I'd refer to the main villain of Batman: The Black Mirror as not only a great villain, but a terrifying one to boot. Easily the scariest fictional villain I've ever read since Johan Liebert from Monster.

Dunno if you've read BTBM, but if you haven't you should.

Well, aside from the obvious all-time great like The Joker (his rad backstory in The Killing Joke is a fucking must-read), I agree that most comic book villains are generic. Some famous comic book protagonists like Batman, Spider Man, and Silver Surfer are great characters with plenty of depth, but great villains are indeed even rarer. At least, from my limited exposure to western comics of the last decade, I'd refer to the main villain of Batman: The Black Mirror as not only a great villain, but a terrifying one to boot. Easily the scariest fictional villain I've ever read since Johan Liebert from Monster.

Dunno if you've read BTBM, but if you haven't you should.
Trust me I’ve been a long time Batman reader. And Gordon jr. is pretty great.

Killing Joke was great for Joker, but the “Three Jokers” comic kinda retconned it to it not being the joker who did it

"Western comics can't write good villains".

So do you guys have deep knowledge on both popular and underground comic through all the countries we'd label as "Western" or this is another classic "I've only watched a couple of mainstream films from the United States and I can assure this one is the best movie ever"?
thats obviously an asinine take
Post automatically merged:

as in whoever said that! NOT YOU

"Western comics can't write good villains".

So do you guys have deep knowledge on both popular and underground comic through all the countries we'd label as "Western" or this is another classic "I've only watched a couple of mainstream films from the United States and I can assure this one is the best movie ever"?
Watches one MCU movie
“Yeah, I totally understand the state of comics as a whole”
:kaidowhat:

thats obviously an asinine take
Post automatically merged:

as in whoever said that! NOT YOU
Watches one MCU movie
“Yeah, I totally understand the state of comics as a whole”
:kaidowhat:
"The Joker is the best villain ever, best actors in history all happen to be mainstream american and if you want a book recommendation, my educated and adult suggestion would be 'The little prince'".

—Your average intellectual.

he threw momo to shinobu AFTER king catches him

and you're telling me to re read.
he was fully prepared to engage with king and got sent crashing through the buildings.
And whats the problem if he was send crashing in a building? Do you want the straw hats to low diff their opponents instantly? What kind of fairly tail plot do you want from one piece:choppawhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.