Should MonsterZoro be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I fainted too. The fight was great
Right?! Always glad to see others who enjoyed it too!

:cheers::ace::stealthblack::finally:

I can't imagine what the sound effects and Robin's voice acting are gonna be like! It's gonna be nuts! I hope they have some epic music to match the demon Robin moment but also that they don't skimp on the budget, in the same way Robin and Maria skimped on their clothes too!

Seriously though, I hope the fight gets a lot of love in the anime. Between Robin's and Franky's fights, I'm raring to see them animated and done well especially.

:laughmoji::vistalaugh::rolaugh::fransuper:

That's exactly what I fear is happening.

:crybeard::josad::goatasure:

Yeah I'm a believer of that theory but someone did say Sukiyaki wasn't a swordsmith ofc, so unless he was doing swordsmithing secretly back then, I guess this idea is not so plausible? Since he forged Ame No Habakiri at some point over 22 years ago and this Oden had it when he was around in Wano?

I would really like it to be true though, Sukiyaki's death was very ambigious, we were led to believe he had died offscreen which is possible ofc but it felt very odd, like something wasn't right/true about it?

I've seen the evidence that suggests he could be Hitetsu and I do think it's compelling but I fear it may not be possible due to what I said above too?

:zorothink:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense about Onimaru too. I've really been excited to see more about Ryuuma directly and Zoro and Onimaru having their proper discussion about him, the Shimotsukis and Zoro's own lineage with the Roronoas and what not.

Ushimaru really resembles Zoro for me too, so maybe Zoro's mother was where he gets his green hair from and she's the Roronoa? Oda definitely setting something massive with the Roronoas' and thus Zoro's history like he has done with Sanji and I'm certain Nami and Usopp at least are going to get the same treatment too in time. That's why we don't know the full names of Nami and Usopp yet too.
I was gonna suggest Zoro's mother might be a descendant of Toki, but Toki was an Amatsuki which is another family we barely know anything about and Toki is the only known member so far I believe?

There's still more to come regarding what happened with Kuina too, we're gonna get some closure on her sooner or later and I hope Oda finally explains why Tashigi is so similar to her. I absolutely refuse to believe it's coincidental, it's not as simple as that imo, not at all.

I think you're completely right too btw, I think Onimaru and maybe Hiyori won't appear until this Onigashima raid is over unfortunately and we return to Wano and have a sort of "Wano 2.0/Return To Wano" as I'm treating Onigashima as a seperate arc too. We still don't know who that Hiyori/Toki resembling silhouette was with the Scabbards and that is extremely infuriating lol. The anime recently showed it was Yamato supposedly watching Robin and Jinbei when they were walking at Onigashima's beginning and maybe hopefully the anime will give us a better insight into who this mystery silhouette is, if Oda doesn't reveal it before then? Knowing Oda, he won't as well!

:lusalty::saden::cantseeme::nicagesmile:
I don't see how any of those plot points are going to be dropped, the Kokeshi dolls concerns the poneglyph in the flower capital and Gyukimaru teasing Wano's relevancy during the past are absolutely going to be addressed soon.

I think you might've already read all the evidences in favor of Hitetsu being Sukiyaki but I'll just point them out for the sake of it again-
  • His added hobby of collecting Kokeshi dolls in his intro box is not a throwaway since Brook remarked at how these dolls were protecting the entrance to a poneglyph inside Orochi's castle.
  • Him and Sukiyaki share the same VA in the anime, this is a big giveaway imo. There are tons of VA's suited for playing grumpy old man archetypes in the anime and I don't see why they had to give them the same VA (crocodile's) except to keep their identities consistent there.
  • We've even seen all the secondary to tertiary characters from this arc, hell even fodders like Bungo, Bingo etc... but not him. He even remarked how he wouldn't go to the capital because he would be instantly recognized (that could apply to a famous swordsmith too tho).
  • Like you pointed out the ambiguity of his "death", Oden's reaction to Orochi telling him about his fathers fate isn't fitting for it be a death imo. For all we know Kaido could have had him abducted at that time.
Iirc didn't we see Ame with Oden when his flashback started some 43 years ago? It would mean that both Ame and Enma would've been forged even before that.

If the Kozuki's were renowned stonemasons and were expert craftsmen in general then I can actually see Sukiyaki's and his immediate ancestors to be master swordsmiths in a way. There have been instances where you don't get the impression of certain characters doing what they do, a recent example being Marco being a doctor.

In a similar vein, we have seen next to nothing of what Sukiyaki knows about the poneglyphs in Wano or how he imparted their knowledge to Oden (he did explain the Minks' connection to the Kozuki tho). So I think there's a lot of room for him to be established as a swordsmith and it won't feel too inconsistent. But I agree that it's still not concrete enough for me to be fully convinced yet.

Speaking of Hitetsu though, I'm intrigued by his ancestor Kotetsu's story, who initially forged the Nidai (probably Shodai too?).

If this Sukiyaki=Hitetsu theory is indeed true, then it could have some REALLY cool implications since that would mean that a supreme grade blade forged by a Kozuki in the past is now in the hands of the bald Gorosei. I could see that story building up to something... :quest:

I've always been of the belief that the end Wano or rather the end of this particualr saga on a whole is meant reaffirm the WG as the big baddies of the series. I mean we already know this, but the climax of this arc is meant to refresh that to us in a manner which establishes them as the main antagonists for the upcoming final saga.

A lot of people are naive when they think the structure of this arc from here on out is- beat the BP alliance--> get Kaido's fb-->beat him at dawn--> big banquet--> the end

Wano's clearly been set up as a point where Oda unveils the void century flashback for the very first time to us albeit only through Wano's context.

- What exactly led to the Kozuki's closing Wano's borders to the WG?
- Why does it need to be opened now of all times and by Joyboy of all people too?
- Seastone's relevancy and origin to the plot
- Drake's masterplan has to do more with Wano and NOT Kaido in whatever he or his group feels would be beneficial to SWORD's cause (who oppose the WG)
- Why Kaido chose to occupy Wano of all places

All of these are questions which need to be answered by the end of this arc and by virtue of how many of them there are would alone make its climax be unlike anything we've had in the series before, but the crux of all these answers is going to be why the WG are the upcoming bosses of the series.

So coming to our discussion, it is because of the aforementioned points that I believe that there IS going to be a chapter or two dedicated to Ryuma.

The Kozuki's role is immense and would now continue in the form of Momonosuke who'll continue to play a role post Wano too. I think the other clans' role is going to be highlighted too, but Shimotsuki being the warriors of Hakumai and Ringo that they were would get special focus.

Were they the brawns to Kozuki's brains in the past?
Was the dragon slain by Ryuma a fruit user or an actual one?
What were some of his other legends which he was known for? We thought Garp was a legend for flattening Chinjao's head only to get dropped with a bomb on his exploits against the Rox

the biggest of them all is ofc going to be- what is Zoro's main takeaway going to be from all of this? This coupled with whatever he learns of King's past is going to be interesting seeing forward, especially more since the next saga concerns the WG as the main antagonists.

I think the context to Ryuma's story is going to be much richer and nuanced than what we expect from it now and that makes me excited.

and like you pointed out, how the heck would Kuina's story come full circle here? It's a shame that a sword nerd like Tashigi won't be here.

It's easy to be skeptical of a lot of things you'd expect Oda to pull off in this series, but he rarely misses with the stuff concerning the overarching plot, hence why I'm confident that he'll at least deliver on that front.

Anyway, this is just the tip of the icerburg as far as my thoughts on this particular discussion goes lol. I'd be happy if we can do more of this from time to time now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.